HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Expect a Tkachuk suspension soon...

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 02:27 PM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
No way degroat, no way. Tkachuk's stick was angled upward from the get go and there was absolutely no way he was aiming for the midsection. That stick hits no lower than the base of Davison's throat if Davison had just taken it. Davison protected himself (thankfully) and avoided serious injury. For Tkachuk to be aiming for the midsection would mean Tkachuk's arms, hands, and stick would have to be angled in a downward manner. And they clearly weren't.
What the replay.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:30 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealfreak
BY the way, Davison didn't even have his stick. He was trying to clear the front of the net where stick work is always heavy on both sides WITHOUT A STICK. Tkachuk had his stick, with momentum headed toward Davison's chin. Davison turned to see the stick and raised his hands because he DIDN"T HAVE A STICK. Keith, save the stick work for when your opponent has one also.

I love you you people completely fabricate things.

Old
11-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat

I love you you people completely fabricate things.
I am so sick of people who defend this garbage. You were all over Allen for what was a harmless slash, but then when Tkachuk crosschecks someone, nevermind that the player had a stick, or he hit him in the shoulder, or whatever other defense there is....

The fact remains Tkachuk INTENTIONALLY was trying to exert physical force with a stick on another player. And this is not the first time either? So either they create a rule to just give the offending player the penalty, and an automatic suspension, or they suspend and keep their mandate going of suspending for infractions such as this.

Bottom line is Tkachuk is a dick, and always has been, and only cares about himself. The NHL would be way better off without this clown!

Old
11-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Shark Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Pronger also deserved an academy award. Davison was down for several minutes, to stay down that long you should be hurt when you get up and he didnt miss a shift. That kind of crap no matter who does it is BS. He was OK long before he got up or he would have hurt. Too much of that in Hockey these days?
As a FIFA referee, we give yellow cards for what is called "simulation." The NHL should do the same, however I still say he could have been stunned initially, but one never really knows. You see the same thing in soccer where a guy falls down like he has been shot then get up a couple of minutes later and takes the corner or free kick.

Chomp, CHomp

Old
11-14-2003, 07:43 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
I can live with 3.

I went from believing he deserved 1-2 games, to believing he didnt deserve anything after watching the replays. I was pretty sure he wouldnt.

I guess i was wrong.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:44 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
From what I've read here, it sounds like he'd better thank his guardian angels that 3 is all he got.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:05 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack
As a FIFA referee, we give yellow cards for what is called "simulation." The NHL should do the same, however I still say he could have been stunned initially, but one never really knows. You see the same thing in soccer where a guy falls down like he has been shot then get up a couple of minutes later and takes the corner or free kick.

Chomp, CHomp
I am glad you used the soccer reference because you are a soccer ref. I am not knocking them but I hope hockey players dont get where they imbellish stuff to that point.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:07 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
From what I've read here, it sounds like he'd better thank his guardian angels that 3 is all he got.
that is because of todays NHL, 10 years ago he wouldnt have got suspended at all, he would have got his ass kicked by Scott Parker. That would be all well and good there was more accountability then.

Closed Thread