HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty on pace for 35+ goal season

View Poll Results: Does Max Pacioretty get over or under 35.5 goals?
Over 73 35.78%
Under 131 64.22%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2012, 02:16 PM
  #126
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
First 30 goal scorer since 07-08.

When was the last 40 goals guy?
Vincent Damphousse in 1994 I believe.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
  #127
Azriel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Vincent Damphousse in 1994 I believe.
Kovy came close with 35 in 07-08

Azriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
  #128
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
10 goals in 14 games? Unlikely but he could do it. It would be amazing to have a 40 goal scorer on the team.


Also, Patches is now tied for 3rd in Even Strength Goals, 2 behind Evgeni Malkin.
Patches has 11 over his last 14. If he keeps it up,...

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:41 PM
  #129
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
True, but it's also because Desharnais doesn't shoot at all. He always looks to pass the puck away, hence why Pacs has more shots with him. If Pacs was playing with more of a scoring center, he would have less shots but probably way more assists then he does. The thing that I don't like about the DD/Pacs combo is that it will be easy to play against. You know DD isn't going to shoot so sit back or double team Pacs. If you put a center like Plekanec with him, then you can't really strategize in shutting them down, cause the shot could come from anyone.
Proof? the same could be said for this year and it seems to be working.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
  #130
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Proof? the same could be said for this year and it seems to be working.
Does it? We're almost last in the league, and team goal scoring is below the league average. I mean, it's working for them, but there's still an argument that it's not good for the team as long as secondary scoring remains the problem that it is.

I agree with you to a point though. The 3rd person on that line is an important element in considering whether or not defenses will be able to cheat toward cutting off Max/DD's open ice a bit more, and defenses haven't exactly proven able to limit their production significantly since they've risen to prominence.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
  #131
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,748
vCash: 500
What's kinda cool is in Pacioretty's last 85 games he's got 41 goals and 71 points.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
  #132
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What's kinda cool is in Pacioretty's last 85 games he's got 41 goals and 71 points.
That is pretty cool.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:44 PM
  #133
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What's kinda cool is in Pacioretty's last 85 games he's got 41 goals and 71 points.
How dare you post the facts.

Didn't you know that Jeff Carter is miles ahead of Pacioretty and we should trade Pacioretty, a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Cater. It would be an upgrade.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:48 PM
  #134
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What's kinda cool is in Pacioretty's last 85 games he's got 41 goals and 71 points.
And he's still slumped on occasion.

If he can learn to be consistent (like he is on most nights anyway)...drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
How dare you post the facts.

Didn't you know that Jeff Carter is miles ahead of Pacioretty and we should trade Pacioretty, a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Cater. It would be an upgrade.
Wasn't it for Nash? But yes, that.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:57 PM
  #135
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
And he's still slumped on occasion.

If he can learn to be consistent (like he is on most nights anyway)...drool



Wasn't it for Nash? But yes, that.
He's only really had one slump right after the suspension in Nov/Dec where he had like 1 goal in 13 games. Aside from that period where the Habs usually slump as an unit, he's been amazingly consistent. The one thing of concern is his road/home success. But since his recent hot stretch he's averaging 0.46 goals/game at home and 0.47 goals/game on the road. Assists though are a different story...only has 5 on the road.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:20 AM
  #136
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,791
vCash: 500
5 goals and 5 assists in his last 5 games btw. He's on fire.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:27 AM
  #137
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
True, but it's also because Desharnais doesn't shoot at all. He always looks to pass the puck away, hence why Pacs has more shots with him. If Pacs was playing with more of a scoring center, he would have less shots but probably way more assists then he does. The thing that I don't like about the DD/Pacs combo is that it will be easy to play against. You know DD isn't going to shoot so sit back or double team Pacs. If you put a center like Plekanec with him, then you can't really strategize in shutting them down, cause the shot could come from anyone.
Yeah I'm quoting myself!

Paciorretty with 2 assists

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:58 AM
  #138
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,886
vCash: 500
If Pacioretty keeps up this pace he'll get more than 70 points and 40 goals

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:07 AM
  #139
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,615
vCash: 500
Max is proof, what doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger...

Great season for Max !!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:05 PM
  #140
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
I am a huge fan of Pacioretty but I was not expecting 35+ goals. Congrats to all the posters who voted "over" back in November.

Cole – Desharnais - Pacioretty


PS Cole is the perfect role model (especially) for Pacioretty... but Marinaro (plus a lot of posters in here) wanted him out a few weeks ago!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
  #141
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,262
vCash: 500
I'm surprised the fair weather fans among us weren't clamouring for Max to be traded at the deadline. All those goals can't be good for the tank nation....

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
  #142
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am a huge fan of Pacioretty but I was not expecting 35+ goals. Congrats to all the posters who voted "over" back in November.

Cole – Desharnais - Pacioretty


PS Cole is the perfect role model (especially) for Pacioretty... but Marinaro (plus a lot of posters in here) wanted him out a few weeks ago!
I doubt anyone WANTS him out. I did, however, argue that it might be a good time to listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him. His value can't be higher and at his stage in his career and the way the team is playing, it might be a wise move... but no one wants him out.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
  #143
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I doubt anyone WANTS him out. I did, however, argue that it might be a good time to listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him. His value can't be higher and at his stage in his career and the way the team is playing, it might be a wise move... but no one wants him out.
I see no decline in his play and his cap hit is good; I don't want him out and/or listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him!

From my perspective there are not a lot of better options than Cole if you have 4,5M$ to spend. For years to come, our young guys will benefit from playing with him... especially Pacioretty.


PS want him out and/or listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him... the end result is the same: Cole out. Imo it is similar.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:57 PM
  #144
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I see no decline in his play and his cap hit is good; I don't want him out and/or listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him!

From my perspective there are not a lot of better options than Cole if you have 4,5M$ to spend. For years to come, our young guys will benefit from playing with him... especially Pacioretty.


PS want him out and/or listen to what other teams would be willing to offer for him... the end result is the same: Cole out. Imo it is similar.
This is the key part. I agree that Cole might be on his decline in a few years when this team will start peaking, but young kids need to be surrounded by good vets like Cole to develop properly, especially in Mtl and its zoo.

It is wrong to trade all our vets for youth. Young teams not surrounded properly develop into Blue Jackets, Islanders, Panthers, etc. Full of young promising kids never developing into what could have been.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  #145
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
This is the key part. I agree that Cole might be on his decline in a few years when this team will start peaking, but young kids need to be surrounded by good vets like Cole to develop properly, especially in Mtl and its zoo.

It is wrong to trade all our vets for youth. Young teams not surrounded properly develop into Blue Jackets, Islanders, Panthers, etc. Full of young promising kids never developing into what could have been.
And that's why I wish for Darche as this team #13F next season. In fact, I consider Cole as a Darche with skills and speed!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
  #146
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
And that's why I wish for Darche as this team #13F next season. In fact, I consider Cole as a Darche with skills and speed!
So that makes Darche a player devoid of any skills and on top of that, slow?

Sounds about right

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
  #147
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
So that makes Darche a player devoid of any skills and on top of that, slow?

Sounds about right
That's what usually happens when you compare a top6 forward with a bottom 6 forward!

That aside, from an attitude, work ethic point of view, Darche = Cole.

You need vets like them to surround/guide Leblanc, Pacioretty...


PS before his injury, Darche was providing a solid input to a strong shutdown line and last season he did score 12 goals. Add a perfect attitude and, imo, the result is a very good #13F.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:25 AM
  #148
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,950
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What's kinda cool is in Pacioretty's last 85 games he's got 41 goals and 71 points.
Make that 73 pts in 86 games...

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:01 AM
  #149
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,899
vCash: 500
so, there's peeps happy with a player costing us "tanking ranks" ? really...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.