HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MARINARO: Canadians should Pacioretty to long term deal

Old
03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 500
It's almost shameful that Marinara is getting paid to write this stuff.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Clearly this man is a modern Pollock. I would have never considered signing Patches long term if he didn't suggest it.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Holy overreaction guys

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Andy

Sign him? Bury that mother ****er in the minors!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Seems like this is the scoop Tony wanted to tell us.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

The Habs should sign Pacioretty long-term?

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:18 PM
sampollock

tony is a windback, that is putting on wieght

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Artie

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I'll revisit this thread if Pacioretty never signs in MTL, scores 30 for several years, wins stanley cups and we get compensation that never amounts to nothing.

Old
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
The Habs should sign Pacioretty long-term?

Beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Did he the whole bottle?
First post into the thread and I was dying of laughter. Well done E.A.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:46 PM
poetryinmotion

Being a "journalist" is as hard as stating the obvious? Cool.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I'll revisit this thread if Pacioretty never signs in MTL, scores 30 for several years, wins stanley cups and we get compensation that never amounts to nothing.
What?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. That signing Pacioretty isn't somehow obvious to everyone already?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Habs

worked wonders for Gomez.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Geez guys, do Marinaro kill babies? What the heck is the problem? Do any of you heard that point of view from anybody else than him? How many in here thought of that as well as OBVIOUS as it is? Well, yes, it is obvious....yet nobody talks about it and guess what....chances are his agent didn't hear about it either. Point is that while everybody concentrate on Subban and Price, he voices the opinion that MaxPac should also be considered.

You'd think that this organization is being led by journalists based on the bashing those guys are getting. Put your energy on blaming the real decision makers....not the ones who are talking about it....And no...I'm not Marinaro, Raymond, Tremblay or Todd, not a journalist either and not a friend of any of those guys. Just for the wise guys who might be tempted....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

After reading this thread I feel like I'm in the movie "The Tommyknockers".

To me, from an objective point of view (one where I don't find it trendy to hate Marinaro), this is just another fluff piece for a NHL player like the 1 million other ones I have read in the past that haven't received this kind of reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Geez guys, do Marinaro kill babies? What the heck is the problem? Do any of you heard that point of view from anybody else than him? How many in here thought of that as well as OBVIOUS as it is? Well, yes, it is obvious....yet nobody talks about it and guess what....chances are his agent didn't hear about it either.

Point is that while everybody concentrate on Subban and Price, he voices the opinion that MaxPac should also be considered.

You'd think that this organization is being led by journalists based on the bashing those guys are getting. Put your energy on blaming the real decision makers....not the ones who are talking about it....
I love you as a poster. You're not like the rest of the completely utterly mindless sheep.

EDIT:

This thread is exactly why these boards are so much worse than when I first joined back in 2002 under another name. Holy crap time flies.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
What?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. That signing Pacioretty isn't somehow obvious to everyone already?
No, I'm just stating that this thread has the potential to be utter-ironic one day, cause people overreacted in a such way.

Old
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Meh. We all know Tony is a blow hard, but can we just let it go and discuss the idea rather then the one who "had the genius to think it up"?

We are in no hurry as far as I'm concerned. We have him locked up one more year as well, but let's wait and do with Max what we did with Gorges this season, or like Philly did with Giroux last season (or two years ago? I don't remember, regardless). Let him play some games next season as well so we can put the stamp on his play, and truely evaluate him.

We are just as much at risk of signing him long-term at say 5.5-6M and having him turn out to be Chris Higgins 2.0 or waiting to sign im and having him develop into a Corey Perry, perennial 35-40 goal guy. It's a risk you have to weigh. What's his value today? Well if you figure Plekanec our #1 offensive player before Pacioretty was worth 5, and JVR got 4.25M in as a similar player (although it's clear Pacioretty is way ahead of him in the development curve ATM) then you have think if negociations took place today, the starting point from management is probably around the 4.5-5M mark. Agent probably likely looking for 5.5-6M.

So is it worth inking him as soon as we can, or to wait until mid-point next season and re-evaluate to get further proof he is the real deal?

I'm in the wait until some of next season is played pool, even though I do believe Patches is the real deal. I am a "safe-side" kind of guy when it comes to finances, so my position isn't surprising in this type of discussion.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
No, I'm just stating that this thread has the potential to be utter-ironic one day, cause people overreacted in a such way.
You're such a hipster !

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Geez guys, do Marinaro kill babies? What the heck is the problem? Do any of you heard that point of view from anybody else than him? How many in here thought of that as well as OBVIOUS as it is? Well, yes, it is obvious....yet nobody talks about it and guess what....chances are his agent didn't hear about it either. Point is that while everybody concentrate on Subban and Price, he voices the opinion that MaxPac should also be considered.

You'd think that this organization is being led by journalists based on the bashing those guys are getting. Put your energy on blaming the real decision makers....not the ones who are talking about it....And no...I'm not Marinaro, Raymond, Tremblay or Todd, not a journalist either and not a friend of any of those guys. Just for the wise guys who might be tempted....
Yeah I am sure the decision makers wouldnt sign pacioretty, luckily this guy is here to bring that to their attention. Perhaps people arent talking about signing Pacioretty as much as price and subban because unlike the previous two he has a contract for next season. Funny how that works isnt it, worrying about signing the guys that dont have contracts for next year as opposed to the ones that do.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Some did I guess, but this guy gets paid to write, you'd think he could come up with something a little better than this.

Looking at recent signings I doubt Max takes anything less than James Neal's 5m a year contract.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Yeah I am sure the decision makers wouldnt sign pacioretty, luckily this guy is here to bring that to their attention. Perhaps people arent talking about signing Pacioretty as much as price and subban because unlike the previous two he has a contract for next season. Funny how that works isnt it, worrying about signing the guys that dont have contracts for next year as opposed to the ones that do.
Perhaps an organization who stops reacting and starts being proactive would have more success on the ice and on their payroll. Yep, it is pretty funny. Based on the fact that most people says that Marinaro is stating the OBVIOUS and you are saying that we shouldn't care about that now.....So which one is it? Sign him or don't? There is something called a contract extension you can give a guy even if he has a contract....Real funny indeed. But hey, I understand. This organization can only worry about 2 guys at a time. You can't ask them to worry about another one....

Old
03-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Some did I guess, but this guy gets paid to write, you'd think he could come up with something a little better than this.

Looking at recent signings I doubt Max takes anything less than James Neal's 5m a year contract.
There's worse things than this in our world.

Kony 2012

Old
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
There's worse things than this in our world.

Kony 2012
Next year could be for Tony,

Tony 2013.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

But what do people expect? What can he say about? This organization doesn't tell anything. So what else is there? He's paid to give his opinions. That's what his show is about. I really don't get this. The guy gets as much bashing than some of our beloved french "journalists" who actually have no idea what they are talking about like when they are commenting about the draft or anything else for that matter.

Disagree all you want and see if I care. But to call the guy an idiot, I don't see it. It's his freakin job to give his opinion, I mean bash the concept of radio host all you want then, but I don't get the bashing that this guy has.

Old
03-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Halifaxhab*

So, we need to run out tomorrow and sign a player who is under contract next season and is still an RFA? I think we have time. How about some credit for signing Patches to a 2yr deal for the 1.625M he is signed to. Think about it 1.625M for a 30 goal scorer. Pretty good. But I bet once we do need to try and sign him (next season!) it'll take much more.

Maybe Marinaro should try getting some info on the RFAs that need to be signed THIS YEAR

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote