HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MARINARO: Canadians should Pacioretty to long term deal

Old
03-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Perrah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Perhaps an organization who stops reacting and starts being proactive would have more success on the ice and on their payroll. Yep, it is pretty funny. Based on the fact that most people says that Marinaro is stating the OBVIOUS and you are saying that we shouldn't care about that now.....So which one is it? Sign him or don't? There is something called a contract extension you can give a guy even if he has a contract....Real funny indeed. But hey, I understand. This organization can only worry about 2 guys at a time. You can't ask them to worry about another one....
They have a year and 3 months to sign him I dont think you can label anything as reactive or proactive at this time. I am saying worry about it after the start of next season or after you sign the guys that dont have a contract for next year. What is obvious is that he will be re-signed, didnt think it was that hard of a concept to understand.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:32 PM
OneSharpMarble

Has he been talking to Eklunds dog? This is amazing insight!

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Saying that Pacioretty should be signed to a long term contract isn't a stroke of genius. It's like telling us that sea water is salty.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
They have a year and 3 months to sign him I dont think you can label anything as reactive or proactive at this time. I am saying worry about it after the start of next season or after you sign the guys that dont have a contract for next year. What is obvious is that he will be re-signed, didnt think it was that hard of a concept to understand.
Besides, it is in Pacioretty's best interest to wait it out and have a monster year. That way, he can get a really big payday. You can't force him to sign early.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Besides, it is in Pacioretty's best interest to wait it out and have a monster year. That way, he can get a really big payday. You can't force him to sign early.
Yeah you can, and if he doesn't accept it's a clear indication that he doesn't want to be part of the rich culture and glorious history of the Montreal canadiens. We don't need selfish players like him to intoxicate our franchise. Enough with these Americans.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Yeah you can, and if he doesn't accept it's a clear indication that he doesn't want to be part of the rich culture and glorious history of the Montreal canadiens. We don't need selfish players like him to intoxicate our franchise. Enough with these Americans.
Enough with these types of fans.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Andros777

Tony Marinaro is a platitude machine. I haven't heard him say anything relevant, ever.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Now watch.

Montreal will sign him to a 5 year contract and Tony will use that as ammo towards proving how smart he is.

He'll say the same thing about Price and Subban, and we'll sign them too, and he'll go on about how smart he is.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:24 PM
JohnLennon

Marinaro said something obvious? Wow, what a turn of events.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Ooooh, I'm shaking in my boots. I believe Plekanec is guilty then because he produced a 70 point season and was thus paid accordingly. Enough with those Czechs.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Perhaps an organization who stops reacting and starts being proactive would have more success on the ice and on their payroll. Yep, it is pretty funny. Based on the fact that most people says that Marinaro is stating the OBVIOUS and you are saying that we shouldn't care about that now.....So which one is it? Sign him or don't? There is something called a contract extension you can give a guy even if he has a contract....Real funny indeed. But hey, I understand. This organization can only worry about 2 guys at a time. You can't ask them to worry about another one....
In my humble opinion, Marinara is extremely reactive.

Schooner Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:43 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
this thread was over by post #3

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
In my humble opinion, Marinara is extremely reactive.
As in "he loves to react to things", well of course. Yet, everytime habs make a move, he doesn't give you the "We'll wait and see" types of reactions I read a whole in here which makes it then impossible to be wrong. He gives his opinion right away. Which in the end, is what you expect from a host, columnist or whatever. If your analysis is based on something tangible, I don't see how it's a problem.

Yet, even he'd be reactive, even if all of our "journalists" would be reactive, I couldn't care less compared to what some people in this board seems to be doing. I'd just like my organization to not be reactive like they were ALL YEAR LONG starting with the Campoli acquisition.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I guess you have a harder time to understand. Where in the world am I wondering if he'd be re-signed? Where? You actually think I believe they'll let him go for nothing? Even if he's not going to be UFA but RFA? The point is: Do you let him have ANOTHER great season and THEN have to sign him at a biggest amount of money.....or do you sign him soon and DON'T have to deal with another great season? And I THOUGHT it was not hard of a concept to understand.....Did James Neal signed that contract because he has 1 good season this year or because he ADDED that great season to a couple of others before? Can we save some money by saying to Max and agent that we'll give him the security he needs 'cause we believe in him DESPITE him showing 1 good season so far?

It's not about SIGNING him. It's about getting the BEST deal, based on what we already have signed, and what we are about to sign in Subban and Price.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Look at me, I'm Tony Marniaro. I state the obvious. Or I state completely insane ideas, say they're going to happen, but then they don't.

What a ****tard

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Clumsyhab

Marinaro is a joke. I hate when he got his predictions at Mise-O-Jeu right (most of the time 3 "sure-win" games) and start talking about it for days.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Max's agent will make all of those decisions, based on the offer...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Miller Time

jealousy and envy, while somewhat entertaining to watch unfold, are ultimately pretty useless emotions...

lots of that seeping out in this thread.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Andy

News Article: Habs play Vancouver Tonight

Old
03-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Did you forget one of these ? God I hope you did....

Montreal4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Tony to the rescue!

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Binzler

Jeez theres a lot of haters on HFboards. What are you guys hating about? Marinaro is a sports voice..he's got a job which consists of writing articles and promoting debate on his show..are you guys for real here? Not that I personnaly like the guy but what the hell are you guys talking about? It's is job, as obvious as the content is...

Binzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
News Article: Habs play Vancouver Tonight
Not that I don't believe you but, source?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Not that I don't believe you but, source?
You are gonna have to trust me on this one. Also when they do play each other, I'll tell you I told you so.