HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biron = Vally = Brutal = Goodbye

Old
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
noupf

vCash: 500
Rangers 3
Chicago 4

Guess biron aint the problem............

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Rangers 3
Chicago 4

Guess biron aint the problem............
Would have lost 8-3 if Biron was in

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:11 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Ottawa: 80 pts - 213 goals for - result - Rangers loss 4-1 ( Biron )

Chicago: 81 pts - 207 goals for - result - Rangers loss 4-3 ( Hank )

Your argument holds no water, but thanks.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:41 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:

Stats aren't everything and there's a reason why Henrik started tonight over Biron. We would have most certainly been blown out if Marty started. Don't you remember the last game the Rangers played against the Hawks at home?

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

Wanna show Lundqvist and Biron's season stats?

Florida Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
QFT

It would have been a hall of horrors with Biron.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Wanna show Lundqvist and Biron's season stats?
How about we pull Glenn Healy's stats while we're at it?

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
How about we pull Glenn Healy's stats while we're at it?
How about we score some goals?

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Nice of the Rangers to give up another breakaway to start the game again... Maybe they just wanted to test Henke early to make sure he was ready to play!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Henry's stats are taking a beating lol. I swear to Christ if he gets robbed of a Vezina.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
How about we score some goals?
BINGO !!!!

But i guess its easier for some ranger fans to blame the backup goalie for the teams troubles instead of pointing the finger at 12 fowards and 6 defensemen.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:26 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

this thread = brutal. Valley? Valley? hyperbole much?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Henry's stats are taking a beating lol. I swear to Christ if he gets robbed of a Vezina.
Quick gave up 4 goals on like 15 shots today so his stats took a dive.

Hank is still the favorite to win it easily. Elliot has the stats, but the amount of games played is a lot lower and he also platoons with Halak.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Brooklanders*

I watched this gam and saw inept ranger offense. Ray emery is awful. He was so out of position that he left the net wide open but the rangers failed to cash in. Henry was not great but still better than your average bear. Against the senators, I saw easy goals go in. Biron was awful as an islander. He clearly benefits from torts boring system and talented d

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Stats aren't everything and there's a reason why Henrik started tonight over Biron. We would have most certainly been blown out if Marty started. Don't you remember the last game the Rangers played against the Hawks at home?
Empty net goal is not something Henry can stop either

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
This is not difficult to rectify. Sign a good AHL vet for Hartfod who can come up to play in NY if someone is injured. Scour Europe and NCAA for good young undrafted goalies. There's a lot of talent developing late in the position. No need to blow a 1st or 2nd rounder. The Whale would benefit too. Most importantly, don't re-sign Johnson and Talbot this summer. They need someone there who won't embarrass in NY if called upon. They should and easily can do better.
Many people think Victor Fasth is good enough to be an NHL backup right now, there were rumours that we were looking at him last summer. See thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...621&highlight=

He will only come over for a 1-way contract though. I certainly would not be opposed to signing him, he's easily the best goalie in the SEL right now http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Which brings up an excellent point - the Rangers are probably looking for a goalie in this year's draft.

Considering that the pick, under even the best of circumstances, is likely about 4 years from even challenging for a roster spot, let alone being ready to be a starter, we are probably entering that time period where drafting for a netminder is called for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
I still maintain that Johnson could be a quality backup in this league and a decent (but not amazing or anything) starter.

What do you think of us drafting Andrei Vasilevski or Malcom Subban if they fall to our pick? Vasilevski seems like a good goalie and maybe BPA if he falls to us.
I think NYR should draft a goalie, but I still would be opposed to taking one in the first couple of rounds. Subban and Vasilevski are not lasting to the 3rd, most likely not past the 1st round. I just feel like drafting a goalie in the 1st unless it's a superstar prospect like Fleury, Luongo, Price is too much of a risk. Too difficult to predict how 18 year old goalies will develop and NYR don't really need a superstar prospect in the position at this stage. Too many other needs that should be a priority also. I feel like they should concentrate on drafting scoring forwards and maybe a puck moving D with the better picks. The need for more scoring at F is self-explanatory and you can never have too many PMD. We really only have MDZ as a pretty sure thing at the position. Most contenders have 2 or 3. Even if Erixon develops great and McD finds more offense, you can always get a good return that fills other needs for a PMD who shows he belongs in NHL in a trade. Witness the return on Goligoski. PMD are rarely moved, hard to find and cost a fortune in UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Many people think Victor Fasth is good enough to be an NHL backup right now, there were rumours that we were looking at him last summer. See thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...621&highlight=

He will only come over for a 1-way contract though. I certainly would not be opposed to signing him, he's easily the best goalie in the SEL right now http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147
Sounds like a good option if they can't come to an agreement on a new contract with Biron. Still would like to have more competent vet depth in Hartford. Should be able to find somebody in Europe or around AHL.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:26 AM
JanErixon20

This thread was kinda' stupid to begin with and after last night, it should be closed.

Biron is a solid backup whose going to possibly win 15 games for this team. Last night is a great example of why he should be brought back next year.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Superstar Carwash

Wow, there are some really retarded comments going on here. People picking up stats like they're the universal truth. Acting like every game would've played out the exact same way if Hank had been in goal instead of Biron. How many of these goals he's let in has been complete fluke goals or bad bounces, or quality scoring chances? A lot! By purely looking at stats, Hank has also been quite mediocre lately.

I totally agree that Biron has not been playing very well lately, but to use stats like these is just nothing short of moronic. Is Halak and Elliott from the Blues among the best goalies in the world? According to stats they are. Anyone with half a brain knows that these stats are terribly misleading just from the fact that the Blues are coached by Ken Hitchcock. I seriously doubt that Elliott went from being an absolutely terribly goalie for the Sens/Avs to world-class for the Blues in just one season. Or Mike Smith for that matter, who was put on waiver by Tampa last season, he's now an outsider for Vezina nomination. Fact is, they're probably somewhere in between.

Point is, Biron is having a tough time right now. Does that makes him a bad goalie? No, not quite. He's probably a better backup than anyone we could find on the market, and I seriously doubt any youngsters are gonna come up and challenge Hank for the starting job.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
This thread was kinda' stupid to begin with and after last night, it should be closed.

Biron is a solid backup whose going to possibly win 15 games for this team. Last night is a great example of why he should be brought back next year.
He wont be back. Last night he was pretty shaky, yet lucky. Agree with the rest.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He wont be back. Last night he was pretty shaky, yet lucky. Agree with the rest.
Pretty shaky? Did you watch the game?

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Look pretty solid to me. More like sloppy play was the cause for those 2 goals within 30-40 seconds of each other. Though it was a good turn around game for him.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Barring anything out of the norm, I expect that the only other game Biron will play this season is 3/27 in Minnesota. That would give Lundqvist 62 games played on the season... which I believe was the target number to start the season.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
Pretty shaky? Did you watch the game?
Every time he played the puck or was making save I had to exhale after. He was better than in his last outing, but nothing like Biron we have seen earlier in the season. If Rangers are going after Nash this summer Biron could be a source of cap space. I think they will. That is why he wont be back, IMO. Not because of his game. Biron is a solid backup, it was a good signing. WAS is being a key word here, though.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Every time he played the puck or was making save I had to exhale after. He was better than in his last outing, but nothing like Biron we have seen earlier in the season. If Rangers are going after Nash this summer Biron could be a source of cap space. I think they will. That is why he wont be back, IMO. Not because of his game. Biron is a solid backup, it was a good signing. WAS is being a key word here, though.
Letting Biron go is not a significant source of Cap space. You have replace him with someone and the most space you could possibly gain would be $325k (Biron's 875k minus the minimum 550k). Add in that the Rangers would like to have someone capable of spelling Lundqvist for 20 games per season and you aren't really going to see a backup here making even that much less than Biron is making right now.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote