HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Blackhawks

Old
03-09-2012, 10:37 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Its really as simple as this....this team is elite when their defense and goaltending is on lockdown. When its not, they are barely a playoff team if not worse. We dont have the talent to score a ton of goals...we need to win low scoring games.

I'm not bringing up something anyone here doesnt already know. Lately, our defense has gone down the sh*tter and the goaltending has been average. Our offense doesnt have the ability to pick up the slack.
Agreed. We can get away with having an average offense when the defense is stellar and/or Hank is bailing out the team.

But this team will not be successful if the defense and/or goaltending struggles. Those are the hallmarks of this team and we can forget about going deep in the playoffs if we continue to falter in those areas.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:41 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
thats true thing about mitchell that bothers me is that he will start out on the 4th line then torts winds up playing him in almost any situation with any line
I'm actually starting to wonder if they shouldn't just rest some of their workhorses like Gaborik, Girardi, McD and Callahan (who looks like he came back way too soon), and not worry where they finish in the top 8. Because the way they're going, it looks like one and done no matter who they play, the last month they haven't looked like a playoff team, they look like a horse that was in first and fades at the top of the stretch. Maybe they can get rested and get back to the defensive lockdown game where they win every game 2-1.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM
NikC

must we play "mistake free" hockey in order to win? Sure looks that way! This grinding system they play is wearing them out physically and mentally. they are bending and breaking under pressure.

Constant pressure on the defense and goalie because they NEVER have a lead to work with. How many seasons must we watch them
play one goal grind it out hockey?

This team needs REAL firepower for next season. We are wasting great seasons by Lundqvist if we don't correct this immediately.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:53 PM
bmw2004

How many of you think that they will really call up Zuccarello and Erixon? I am sorry, but I just can't stand Bickel and Mitchell in the line up together with Scott. They haven't play like a playoff team for more then month now plus useless PP going to kill this team in the playoffs. I am very frustrated and dissapointment.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
must we play "mistake free" hockey in order to win? Sure looks that way! This grinding system they play is wearing them out physically and mentally. they are bending and breaking under pressure.

Constant pressure on the defense and goalie because they NEVER have a lead to work with. How many seasons must we watch them
play one goal grind it out hockey?

This team needs REAL firepower for next season. We are wasting great seasons by Lundqvist if we don't correct this immediately.
I feel like we've been talking about getting more firepower for some years now.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Not like it determines the outcome of this game, but can we please get John Scott out of the lineup? Useless as they come. Guy wouldn't even score in the ECHL or FHL.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I feel like there is a general shortage of firepower across the league.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
How many of you think that they will really call up Zuccarello and Erixon? I am sorry, but I just can't stand Bickel and Mitchell in the line up together with Scott. They haven't play like a playoff team for more then month now plus useless PP going to kill this team in the playoffs. I am very frustrated and dissapointment.
i'd say its highly unlikely either get called up we are probably going into the playoffs with the current lineup except for scott (replace him with dubi)

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
i'd say its highly unlikely either get called up we are probably going into the playoffs with the current lineup except for scott (replace him with dubi)
Well, if you are right it's a bad news for the team. I don't see them getting out of the first round with this squad.

Last edited by bmw2004: 03-09-2012 at 11:13 PM.
bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:02 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
yes. it's whats truly seperating this team from going to the next level. it can't go on. As crazy as the overpayment was, this team really needed Rick Nash. People can disagree but DelZotto would have never held up this trade for me.

I realize we're past this now, but just frustrated because we really could have used Nash. They should press to get this Krieder kid in here for the playoffs. If he's so great and we essentially held off
on getting Nash to keep him, let him show his club what he can do.

It's time to stop stock piling defenseman and get a reall offense in front of Lundqvist. This huge "window" people think we have may
not be as big as we think.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Well, if you are right it's a bad news for the team. I don't see them get out of the first round with this squad.
im afraid of going into the playoffs with this team

Old
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
yes. it's whats truly seperating this team from going to the next level. it can't go on. As crazy as the overpayment was, this team really needed Rick Nash. People can disagree but DelZotto would have never held up this trade for me.

I realize we're past this now, but just frustrated because we really could have used Nash. They should press to get this Krieder kid in here for the playoffs. If he's so great and we essentially held off

It's time to stop stock piling defenseman and get a reall offense in front of Lundqvist. This huge "window" people think we have may
Got to disagree about Nash, they wanted way too much and I'm not sure he would be the solution, though he would have helped. And I have no problem with stockpiling great defensemen. McD is a future All-Star, MDZ should have been on the AST this year, add Sauer and McIlrath next year and you really have something.

That said, I would really like to try Kreider (and MZA, too), their offense is putrid, and the power play is worse.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Time to go play NHL 11 and beat Chicago 15-0. Won't help, but it will keep me form going mad.
So you're not one of those people who buys the latest version every year?

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
So you're not one of those people who buys the latest version every year?
If I did, I'd be a very, very poor guy. I still have NHL 07. Rocking Petr Prucha like a boss.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
When does Boston College's season end? Soon I hope.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Not until March 24 or 25 at the earliest....thats if BC loses in the Regionals. If they make the Frozen Four, it wouldnt be until April 5 or 7.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Not to be a debbie-downer here but Kreider provided close to nothing on the ice tonight in BC's win. He is not a consistent impact player on the ice. I am a fan of Kreider but think fans should really temper their expectations because it wouldn't be fair to think that a player who does not dominate NCAA games with any consistency is going to step up in March during a playoff push and provide scoring depth at the NHL level as a rookie with no Pro experience.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

This team allowed at least 3 goals in 5 straight games. Nash won't be the difference between them scoring 1 goal and scoring 4 (or rely on the shootout, not 100% convinced Nash would make it better than mediocre either). The D has been bad, but the goaltending, outside of the NJ game has been awful. Today, outside of the 2nd goal I didn't think the defense was that bad. It seems like Lundqvist's month of struggles arrived late this year. There's still time to turn it around, the month is only a 3rd complete.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Didn't see the game.

Glad I didn't.

03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Didn't see the game.

Glad I didn't.
actually wasn't as bad as the past few, still not good a lot of long stretches spent in our zone

Old
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Callahan says it's not a crisis so were good. Next game Rangers win by 4.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:21 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Rupp I can live with, but they don't fight in the playoffs, and Scott is slower on ice than I am (and I'm over 60 and was hardly a speedster in my day). I see no real reason for Scott on the team at all, they have plenty of big guys to take on the Flyboys and the Bruins.
Why don`t they fight in PO?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:32 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Ridiculous.

Team should be ashamed, if we finish in any place less than 1st the team should sick to their ****ing stomach.

I don't care if we weren't ready to contend this year, we just blew a comfortable division lead and it's going to be a nailbiter until the end of the season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:47 AM
icekoob

Hey guys can we re-do the John Scott trade and you guys instead throw in Anisimov. Thanks.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
dubinsky - richards - gaborik
kreider - stepan - callahan
hagelin - anisimov - MZA/Mitchell
fedotenko/rupp - boyle - prust

scott

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote