Notices

Just another road loss: Jets lose 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Daynz
What!?!

vCash: 500
I will now complete my evening by cleaning the litter box.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Who ever coaches the Jets PP needs to be replaced, other than a short period after xmas it hasn't been good, still don't get having feather weight little Timmy on the point.

Can't believe the jets haven't figured out a way to utilize Buff's big point shot.

Little Timmy is a good 13th forward worth keeping around just not an everyday player.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynz View Post
I will now complete my evening by cleaning the litter box.
I just found out my cat pissed all over the bathroom floor, so I envy you. Apparently little Archie was also unhappy with the Jets effort.

03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Now all we have to do is go 3 - 0 on the upcomming homestand. Raise everyones hopes. Then go back on the road. And hopefully not **** the bed yet again away from home.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I just found out my cat pissed all over the bathroom floor, so I envy you. Apparently little Archie was also unhappy with the Jets effort.
Unfortunately the schticky can only help with a shedding *****, not a pissing *****.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Jets on a Deadline

Game recaps, coach Noel post game, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

To read, listen, watch click here.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Jets coaching gets praised quite a lot here but I think some criticism needs to be made.

For some reason they can get up and play with the best at MTS and **** the bed when away from it.
I kinda wonder if the boisterous out of town Jets fans might be having the reverse effect that they intend.
In a few games away games now I have seen a arena wake up and get loud cheering for their team mostly because they are cheering over the Jets fans. This is giving the home team extra jump.

Not sure.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Unfortunately the schticky can only help with a shedding *****, not a pissing *****.
I'm sure you could use Hot Booties to help clean up the mess.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Daynz
What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Yes I'm so lucky. Your bathroom floor predicament just reminded me to check behind the fridge. Chelsea thinks dried **** balls make the best toys.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
bluefan

vCash: 159
I don't understand why Noel very, very, very, very, very etc... rarely switches in Mason when it's obvious Pavelec is struggling. I don't blame Pavs for the loss entirely, but he definitely wasn't as sharp as last night.

If we factor in no more road wins for the rest of the season...we're boned. I think I'm convinced now we'll miss the play offs after this trip. We can be just as good a team as others when at home, but if our road record is so abysmal, it doesn't matter. We have to be Detroit and St.Louis home good if we want to be half assed on the road.

/rant off

Old
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Who ever coaches the Jets PP needs to be replaced, other than a short period after xmas it hasn't been good, still don't get having feather weight little Timmy on the point.

Can't believe the jets haven't figured out a way to utilize Buff's big point shot.

Little Timmy is a good 13th forward worth keeping around just not an everyday player.
#1 Home PP in the league. Fire the coach!!

They do utilize Buff's big point shot. It frees up space for others.
Teams would be pretty ****** if they didn't know that they had to attack Buff at the point to avoid the shot from him.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

after watching those two games, i just dont understand why everyone doesnt want to be part of a division with the other western canadian teams....other than minnesota, there will never be that kind of fan interaction in any of the buildings that we will be playing in when they make the shift.

it doesnt matter how many times we will play dallas or nashville in the playoffs, the conditions will never exist to have that kind of passion between fan bases.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
I don't understand why Noel very, very, very, very, very etc... rarely switches in Mason when it's obvious Pavelec is struggling. I don't blame Pavs for the loss entirely, but he definitely wasn't as sharp as last night.

If we factor in no more road wins for the rest of the season...we're boned. I think I'm convinced now we'll miss the play offs after this trip. We can be just as good a team as others when at home, but if our road record is so abysmal, it doesn't matter. We have to be Detroit and St.Louis home good if we want to be half assed on the road.

/rant off
i agree...should have pulled him...when pavs is off, he is usually really off.....third goal should have been his last.

if they were even half assed on the road i would be happy....they use no more than a quarter ass.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:23 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:

/rant off
Thought mason should have got the start, the team does play a little tighter defensively with mason in. Pavs deserved a rest after last nights game.

Flood will soon be back on the rock when Bogo is back, I think Clitsome is our 6th D man and Jones the 7th.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
after watching those two games, i just dont understand why everyone doesnt want to be part of a division with the other western canadian teams....other than minnesota, there will never be that kind of fan interaction in any of the buildings that we will be playing in when they make the shift.

it doesnt matter how many times we will play dallas or nashville in the playoffs, the conditions will never exist to have that kind of passion between fan bases.
People don't want games to end at midnight for one.
Yeah, we would play The Canucks, Flames, and Oilers more. But we would also play the Coyotes, Dallas, kings, Preds, etc.... More.

Give me more games against TO, Habs, NYR, Flyers, Caps, Penguins, over the western teams any day.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:27 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
#1 Home PP in the league. Fire the coach!!

They do utilize Buff's big point shot. It frees up space for others.
Teams would be pretty ****** if they didn't know that they had to attack Buff at the point to avoid the shot from him.
and 29th on the road!

Old
03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
and 29th on the road!
So, overall average. Kinda like the team.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
bluefan

vCash: 159
Quote:
Thought mason should have got the start, the team does play a little tighter defensively with mason in. Pavs deserved a rest after last nights game.

Flood will soon be back on the rock when Bogo is back, I think Clitsome is our 6th D man and Jones the 7th.
I agree. After facing all those shots from Vancouver...how did Noel think, even with a break until Wednesday, that Pavs would have the energy to face a well rested Flames team ?

I do like Flood, but Chevy and co keep on picking up waiver guys for a reason. Playing a guy like Flood once every 5+ games does not help him or the team. It's too late to get anything outta him now.

You know what's the kicker? Oduya was the first star in his game tonight

Old
03-09-2012, 11:33 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
People don't want games to end at midnight for one.
Yeah, we would play The Canucks, Flames, and Oilers more. But we would also play the Coyotes, Dallas, kings, Preds, etc.... More.

Give me more games against TO, Habs, NYR, Flyers, Caps, Penguins, over the western teams any day.
yeah of course, but the option isnt to stay in the east....we will not be playing those teams no matter what....its american central teams (nashville, dallas, st. louis, minneapolis, chicago) or western canadian teams.

if they go to a home and home we would play in vancouver 2 or 3 times a year....that means maybe 1 weekday game ending at midnight.......i for one like the odd late game.....a good excuse to go out and watch it.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:

You know what's the kicker? Oduya was the first star in his game tonight
Good for Johnny O.

It's not like he wasn't a whipping boy on this forum by the same people that ***** and moan about Hainsey and Jones.
People were begging for him to be traded on this board, since he was crap and wasn't worth resigning.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:35 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Wheeler and Enstrom had very good games. Clitsome was solid - I like how he plays the body first like Stuart and he makes some pretty good stretch passes as well. Hainsey and Jones were caught watching the play far too often. Buff looks like he has the flu. Ladd with another late offensive zone penalty. Burmistrov and Kane are trying to do everything themselves.

To sum it up, that was far too typical of a road game for them. They can't go down 3-0 that fast and expect to claw their way back. They put in a good effort after and the shot total reflects that but the majority of the time that's too big of a deficit in this league regardless of what you do to come back.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:36 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Good for Johnny O.

It's not like he wasn't a whipping boy on this forum by the same people that ***** and moan about Hainsey and Jones.
People were begging for him to be traded on this board, since he was crap and wasn't worth resigning.
I always said we should have traded Hainsey and re-signed Oduya.

Now I look like a genius

Old
03-09-2012, 11:38 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:

For this season, sure. After this season though I want Jones GONE FOR GOOD.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
For my part, so I don't have to stay up past midnight to watch the games. Being in the east is great for us fans in Toronto.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Wheeler and Enstrom had very good games. Clitsome was solid - I like how he plays the body first like Stuart and he makes some pretty good stretch passes as well. Hainsey and Jones were caught watching the play far too often. Buff looks like he has the flu. Ladd with another late offensive zone penalty. Burmistrov and Kane are trying to do everything themselves.

To sum it up, that was far too typical of a road game for them. They can't go down 3-0 that fast and expect to claw their way back. They put in a good effort after and the shot total reflects that but the majority of the time that's too big of a deficit in this league regardless of what you do to come back.
It was kind of a flukey result. Calgary got ahead because Flood shot the puck over the glass. Then they got the goal in the second period even though they were outplayed. We got 45 shots in the second game of a back-to-back on the road. I still see our guys playing much better than earlier in the season. We're giving other teams a reason to be afraid of us now. Maybe it's not quite enough to make the playoffs this year, but next year, with a better start, it will be.

Closed Thread