Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Visnovsky will consider the season 12/13

Old
03-09-2012, 03:06 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Visnovsky will consider the season 12/13

As he said for the newspaper SME in Slovakia, he will make in the summer a big decision. Retire or continue.

Bad for Ducks, they didnt trade him.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Markus078

Why? The Ducks try to make the push for the PO and he is needed for that push. Trading would have been giving up.

Markus078 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Elvs

The players did their part, selling would have been kicking them in the nuts. It's unfortunate that the Lokomotiv crash affected his play, I hope he can move forward and come back next season, finishing his career at a better note. Age wise he could easily play another three years.

Last edited by Elvs: 03-09-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:43 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
I hope he comes back or otherwise Schultz or Vatanen better be ready. Summer's ufa market isn't actually filled with quality players so there's no chance to sign anyone to replace him.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I hope he comes back or otherwise Schultz or Vatanen better be ready. Summer's ufa market isn't actually filled with quality players so there's no chance to sign anyone to replace him.
I hope he retires so we can finally have a new core of our ducks. We rely to heavily on players coming back for instance Koivu, Selanne, and Vish. How many more years can we have our franchise dangle on yes or no decisions?

Enough is enough all three should retire so we can finally have our new core firmly established.

Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Sorry phone double posted

Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
Why? The Ducks try to make the push for the PO and he is needed for that push. Trading would have been giving up.
if we knew he was contemplating retirement we should'v shipped his ass out. he could've brought back some pieces to help with the rebuild and if you haven't noticed he really isn't needed for that push for a PO spot.. right now hes nto doing much of anything

bumperkisser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

If Murray knew he was contemplating retirement and told the other team the return would be minimal. If he didn't tell the other team and Vis retired it would get out and that would cripple his ability to deal in the future. No win scenario.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
DaDucks

He's gone

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I hope he retires so we can finally have a new core of our ducks. We rely to heavily on players coming back for instance Koivu, Selanne, and Vish. How many more years can we have our franchise dangle on yes or no decisions?

Enough is enough all three should retire so we can finally have our new core firmly established.
Agreed. This franchise has been hanging onto the whims of players since the summer of 2007. As much as I love Teemu and Saku (and Neids back then), this organization needs to move towards youth. I think Lubo would do well here next year, and hope he comes back, I just want the decision before UFA day.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Unholy

Would suck if he retires, would like to see him bounce back next season. But I understand if he does.

03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Wouldn't this be the ultimate irony.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:56 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If Murray knew he was contemplating retirement and told the other team the return would be minimal. If he didn't tell the other team and Vis retired it would get out and that would cripple his ability to deal in the future. No win scenario.
You're being generous.

So what if he's retiring and Murray tells the other GM. Plenty of one and done players get moved. That's the definition of a playoff rental.

Also so what if Murray knew and didn't tell him. Who's going to tell the other GM? As far as they know Vis just decided to retire at the end of the season. And even if other GM did find out, that's still not a big deal. There's no promise of future seasons, even if there is a contract. That's the nature of trading for an older guy.

Although you are right that return would probably be small, just for different reasons. Namely, the combination of Visnovsky's remaining year (tagging) and his poor play this year (won't provide much even as a rental).

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:49 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post

I just don't see a replacement for him, unless the Ducks go after Suter.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
You're being generous.

So what if he's retiring and Murray tells the other GM. Plenty of one and done players get moved. That's the definition of a playoff rental.

Also so what if Murray knew and didn't tell him. Who's going to tell the other GM? As far as they know Vis just decided to retire at the end of the season. And even if other GM did find out, that's still not a big deal. There's no promise of future seasons, even if there is a contract. That's the nature of trading for an older guy.

Although you are right that return would probably be small, just for different reasons. Namely, the combination of Visnovsky's remaining year (tagging) and his poor play this year (won't provide much even as a rental).
The problem would be not if he WAS retiring but rather if he was contemplating it. That would scare off anyone trying to buy an asset for next year and would give pause to a team who would want him for the playoffs but who'd have to flip him for next year - it just slashes his worth in addition to his play IMO.

As far as who would talk - his wife, his agent, his friend, someone on the team he told, etc etc etc. I believe the phrase is along the lines of "the number of people who can know something and have it remain a secret is one".

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote