HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part VI*

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2012, 01:26 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can anyone speculate as to why there were so many empty seats tonight at the BC game? Friday night, important game, 2 MA teams, seems conducive to having a packed house.
I know a lot of schools went on Spring Break today (as in today was the last day of classes before the break). Could that be the case with BC? If so, a bunch of students probably left town already.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:12 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I know a lot of schools went on Spring Break today (as in today was the last day of classes before the break). Could that be the case with BC? If so, a bunch of students probably left town already.
Makes sense, I bet that's the reason.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:08 AM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah I just watched bits of tonights game here and there but he basically never had any time in the offensive zone and spends his time waiting for his teammates.

He either needs better linemates or to do things by himself. Like I said, he can't just sit there and watch the play

His linemates don't seem too good though so I dunno, seems like he got "demoted" over the course of the season

But yes he really has to be more engaged and stop gliding around watching the play and waiting for someone to get the puck so they can pass it to him. His linemates aren't good enough to play that way and he has to learn to create a little on his own

e: either way, it seems like it's time for him to leave BC. He either needs better coaching at this point in his career or he's never going to be a NHLer

e2: not even a 3rd or 4th liner. No one wants a bottom six player who stands around and watches the play

I'm in a grumpy mood apparently. I like Kreider a lot I just expect a lot more out of him than I've been seeing these past couple of games. I've seen him play better than this. He played better and looked better in the last WC's for the first few games. He can play better and he needs to play better
and we passed on Rick Nash to keep him!

Old
03-10-2012, 06:03 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah I just watched bits of tonights game here and there but he basically never had any time in the offensive zone and spends his time waiting for his teammates.

He either needs better linemates or to do things by himself. Like I said, he can't just sit there and watch the play

His linemates don't seem too good though so I dunno, seems like he got "demoted" over the course of the season

But yes he really has to be more engaged and stop gliding around watching the play and waiting for someone to get the puck so they can pass it to him. His linemates aren't good enough to play that way and he has to learn to create a little on his own

e: either way, it seems like it's time for him to leave BC. He either needs better coaching at this point in his career or he's never going to be a NHLer

e2: not even a 3rd or 4th liner. No one wants a bottom six player who stands around and watches the play

I'm in a grumpy mood apparently. I like Kreider a lot I just expect a lot more out of him than I've been seeing these past couple of games. I've seen him play better than this. He played better and looked better in the last WC's for the first few games. He can play better and he needs to play better
It's so frustrating watching the other lines create offense and Kreider's line play like ****. The defense always fumble the puck when he's on the ice. If not, one of his line mates does. I swear to god it only happens when he's on the ice. They'll be in a good position, and someone else on BC will screw up, they'll be pinned for 20 seconds and the puck will go out of play or it will be an offsides. Then York pulls him off. It's like clockwork, you know he's a Ranger at least.

His best hockey has been played at the WJC and the WC, give him good linemates and he'll flourish. But regardless of who screwed up, his play has been unacceptable recently.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:07 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
It's so frustrating watching the other lines create offense and Kreider's line play like ****. The defense always fumble the puck when he's on the ice. If not, one of his line mates does. I swear to god it only happens when he's on the ice. They'll be in a good position, and someone else on BC will screw up, they'll be pinned for 20 seconds and the puck will go out of play or it will be an offsides. Then York pulls him off. It's like clockwork, you know he's a Ranger at least.

His best hockey has been played at the WJC and the WC, give him good linemates and he'll flourish. But regardless of who screwed up, his play has been unacceptable recently.
It is the age old excuse that a player can't really do well unless he has good players on his line. Watching the past few games it does seem like Kreider is just waiting around looking for chances to pounce on. He looks bored and ready to go to the next level. Overall, it has been a good season for Kreider but not a Great season.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
emodwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Not sure when BC goes on break but there have been a few groupons for BC games this season, including for last night's game. The limit for tickets was 20 per person. Ouch.

Anecdotally, a girl I work with who is a huge BC fan said the other day attendance is down this year.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:08 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelich View Post
and we passed on Rick Nash to keep him!
We passed on RN because CBJ wanted the world +, + he is overpaid by about 2mil $ for the next 6 yrs!

No doubt Kreider's time at BC is up. He will get his degree this spring, that was his goal. Time to be a professional.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
It is the age old excuse that a player can't really do well unless he has good players on his line. Watching the past few games it does seem like Kreider is just waiting around looking for chances to pounce on. He looks bored and ready to go to the next level. Overall, it has been a good season for Kreider but not a Great season.
Based on expectations of him suppose to be "dominating" the NCAA this season and the age old "Man against boys" expression that has been thrown around here so much, he's had a very, very average season.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
It honestly is ridiculous. I am not excusing him by any means, he certainly is a part of the problem there...but the amount of puck fumbling by the D/Hayes/Sit/Straight is unbelievable at times. Then there is an icing/offsides 30 seconds later and their line gets pulled.

The only thing I can somewhat take comfort in is that the one time he gets the puck in-stride in the neutral zone he's gone for a great scoring chance. Also I thought he was cycling the puck well, on the 1 or 2 shifts his line entered the offensive zone.

03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Based on expectations of him suppose to be "dominating" the NCAA this season and the age old "Man against boys" expression that has been thrown around here so much, he's had a very, very average season.
Not really sure what the term dominating means for college hockey. Perhaps top 5 in points in the NCAA? Much was expected from Kreider this year so the hype machine was in full force all year. Kreider is playing at a PPG pace in college which is good and not very, very average as you mentioned.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Not really sure what the term dominating means for college hockey. Perhaps top 5 in points in the NCAA? Much was expected from Kreider this year so the hype machine was in full force all year. Kreider is playing at a PPG pace in college which is good and not very, very average as you mentioned.
For a player who his hype and his colliber, he should be scoring at more then a PPG. But thats not even it, just watching him you can see he can offer so much more but does not. Like others have stated after watching him. Hes very lazy away from the puck, relaxed away from the puck, any way you want to word it.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I'm less concerned with his overall point totals than I am with what I'm seeing during these televised games. I'd rather see a player controlling/dictating the play on the ice regardless of whether or not it results in point production. For instance, a player like Cam Atkinson (who's 5'8 mind you) was leaps & bounds better at generating offense out there on the ice with BC last year, at least in the games I was able to catch.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Muh
Beadle

Suffern High School heading to the State Finals, ohh baby.

Just beat number 1 team in state in shootout after being tied after 4 overtimes, Suffern ranked 3rd. Looking for first state championship since 1992.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

This will mark the first time that I root AGAINST a Rangers prospects college team in any form.

LETS GO WHOEVERS PLAYING BC

Get here soon, Chris!

Old
03-10-2012, 04:12 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
This will mark the first time that I root AGAINST a Rangers prospects college team in any form.

LETS GO WHOEVERS PLAYING BC

Get here soon, Chris!
totally disagree...i wanna see him win another title. i still don't think he is joining the rangers unless someone gets hurt and its an emergency. people are being completely unrealistic with the expectations of him stepping right into the playoffs and being our savior

Old
03-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Dorado*

Looks a lot like a faster version of Jeff Carter ( CK)

Old
03-10-2012, 04:22 PM
CM PUNK

and BC is ranked #1 so even if they lose tonight in the HE tourney they will still get an at-large bid into the ncaa tourney. so all losing now does is give him more time off before they play again.

Old
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
totally disagree...i wanna see him win another title. i still don't think he is joining the rangers unless someone gets hurt and its an emergency. people are being completely unrealistic with the expectations of him stepping right into the playoffs and being our savior
I don't expect him to be our savior but I do expect him to immediately step into the lineup, and the way Hagelin broke into the top 6 is the same way I expect Chris to do it. Hearing Sather's quotes, it's easy to see he's on the same page.

What Kreider will do, is eventually bump someone from the top 6, which will bump someone from the bottom 6, and hopefully put Boyle on the fourth line where he belongs. And it is there, that his addition to the squad is most valuable.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Primary assist for Kreider through 2 periods.... BC leads 3-2, 1 period left to play.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
ThirdEye

Kreider has an assist so far

Old
03-10-2012, 10:33 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 190
With a goal and an assist tonight, St. Croix has reached the 100 point plateau.

First player in modern-day Oil Kings history to do that. Not bad for an 18 year old!

Old
03-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Muh
Beadle

New York State Division 1 High School Final.

Suffern Vs. Pittsford.

12:30 start, at Utica Memorial Aud. Be there, gonna be a great time.

Go Suffern!

Old
03-11-2012, 12:45 AM
CM PUNK

Penticton Vees ‏ @PentictonVees Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Vees lose their first game since Nov. 5th 4-2 to the @SpruceKings! End Season 54-4-0-2 and 110pts! Amazing Season Guys! #bchl #penticton

Old
03-11-2012, 12:45 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
With a goal and an assist tonight, St. Croix has reached the 100 point plateau.

First player in modern-day Oil Kings history to do that. Not bad for an 18 year old!
Excellent!

Old
03-11-2012, 12:49 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Penticton Vees ‏ @PentictonVees Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Vees lose their first game since Nov. 5th 4-2 to the @SpruceKings! End Season 54-4-0-2 and 110pts! Amazing Season Guys! #bchl #penticton
Oh no! A slump going into the playoffs! They're doomed!

RANGERS =
Closed Thread