HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marincin and Klefbom

Old
03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
noto0661

vCash: 500
Marincin and Klefbom

I'm not from Edmonton, but I am curious about these two big D prospects.

Martin Marincin
Oscar Klefbom

I know they've been drafted pretty high and that they're both huge, and can skate and move the puck well.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has ANY idea as to when they might be in the NHL, if they make it, or where they fit in your plans.

Any info is greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

noto0661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
If you want some quick info check out the Prospect Info thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...052509&page=24

You can search each of their names (in the top right corner of the thread) and pretty much isolate the thread to a discussion about that player.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
zeus3007*

From what I understand, there is an outside chance that Klefbom makes the team next year. He`s made great strides since the World Junior Tournament, apparently. Marincin is probably 2 or 3 years away, he has the tools, but defensemen like him seem to take longer to develop. I`m still excited about Marincin, but Martin Gernat has impressed me much more this season, I'm thinking that we may have found a diamond in the rough with him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 133
I suspect they'll both play in Oklahoma next season, maybe even on the same pairing. No way Tamby in his right mind allows Klefbom, a guy who virtually never played on north american ice, to step onto the oilers. A year or two on the farm will do them good, but I am also of the opinion that Klefbom will make it sooner than Marincin. Who ends up being the better future pro is up in the air.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
From what I understand, there is an outside chance that Klefbom makes the team next year. He`s made great strides since the World Junior Tournament, apparently. Marincin is probably 2 or 3 years away, he has the tools, but defensemen like him seem to take longer to develop. I`m still excited about Marincin, but Martin Gernat has impressed me much more this season, I'm thinking that we may have found a diamond in the rough with him.
The think Klefbom is commited to his swedish team for next year. I think the oilers have him on track to be over for the 13/14 season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:48 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
The think Klefbom is commited to his swedish team for next year. I think the oilers have him on track to be over for the 13/14 season
I think it depends on what they have planned for him. If they think it'll take 2-3 years before he can make the line up they'll most probably leave him in the SEL. On the other hand if they think that he's closer than that, they'll try to get him to come over, spend 1 season in the OKC, get a couple of call-ups, and then expect him to make it for 13/14.

I kind of think it'll be the latter of those two.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote