HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
02-17-2012, 03:57 AM
SimonTemplar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Nicely put by both ya
Martin took a concussion on Sunday so you won't see him for a while.

My guess is Flemington goes tonight against Windsor with Bilke cruising around out there.

Ryan Pyette/ Free Press

London Knights (41-11-0-1) vs. Windsor Spitfires (24-26-3-2)

Tonight, 7:30 p.m. at the John Labatt Centre

THE MATCHUP:

The Knights waxed Windsor 5-0 at the WFCU Centre last Thursday, but the Spitfires have been a different team at the JLC this season. The Spits handed the Knights their first defeat of the year when Jack Campbell was still in net and, three weeks ago in a visit, led 2-1 halfway through. It could've been more if London G Michael Houser hadn't stopped Alex Khokhlachev on an early penalty shot. The Knights ended up scoring four unanswered goals in a 5-2 win.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 05:18 AM
JL17

What part of the game did he get a concussion in??? Didn't see much icetime early on...

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:54 AM
hockeylegend11

PlayerPhantic/Feedback

You are correct Spits played a perfect rd game against,makes up for the last 1 in Windsor

If Windsor makes playoffs I would sooner play London then Plymouth,and while I know

be careful what u wish for,I just thimk that the Knights are more vulnerable thats all

Sorry I missed u guys last nite at the rink,I am leaviing for Florida after sat game against

Owen Sd for 6 days

Looking forward to the final reg season game against the Knights in Windsor

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:26 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
PlayerPhantic/Feedback

You are correct Spits played a perfect rd game against,makes up for the last 1 in Windsor

If Windsor makes playoffs I would sooner play London then Plymouth,and while I know

be careful what u wish for,I just thimk that the Knights are more vulnerable thats all

Sorry I missed u guys last nite at the rink,I am leaviing for Florida after sat game against

Owen Sd for 6 days

Looking forward to the final reg season game against the Knights in Windsor
London's forwards were all on different pages last night and most if not all tried to beat 4 Spits at some point last night.

I agree with you I'd rather face London at this point in time. The team over the last 3 games has been getting worse in most if not all aspects of the game.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
aresknights

Real solid effort yeaterday vs the Rangers.

Time to get focused for the POs, with the div all but locked up and in real good shape to secure home ice thru out.

Id definitely get Doogie Houser some rest and not worry about any more records. Although Im sure hell be bugging the staff to play, the BUGs could use a game or two.

2nd straight 2pm game. Doesnt happen often for sure. Hopefully they continue with the effort from yesterday. Sarnia has to be looking for a big game with Sagnasty right behind and OS just in fornt (2 Gs in hand on each for the Sting) That 4-6 battle is going to go down to the wire and all 3 teams capable of doing damage come the POs

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
dino200022

I guess it is what u get when u have a young squad but I want to see some consistency, lost to the teams we should beat although Sarnia is scary and dominate the team I was iffy about...time for some motivation in the room before they playt some lesser teams!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
JL17

An inconsistent weekend... The flu is going thru the room. Knight didn't see the second half of the game today because of it. Vladdy has it and few others. Not a great time to get it with this weekend coming up. Hard on the body.

I would have played Teichmann in the third today. This team maybe hitting the midseason blues and awaiting playoff hockey or the miscues are starting to up.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
KnightRanger

After watching yesterdays game, its obvious Houser needs a break! He should not have started the 3rd and surely will be given a break this weekend?? But I do think there are a few guys consistantly being thrown out on the Power play that need a major wake up call. The PP has not looked good for most of the year and looked awful yesterday. Is nothing being said to these guys who miss the net by 5-6 feet on a one timer that clears the zone for the other team. It's happening way too often. I like the call Mark made yesterday to pull Houser for the lengthy 5 on 3 late in the 3rd down by 3 to make it 6 on 3. But none of the six out there would have touched the ice again after watching how they handled it. Should be an interesting weekend coming up. Lets see how they respond to a less than stellar past weekend.

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
mesh

real dirty hit by rupert , looking at 20 games for sure no class at all escpecially with a 7 goal lead i hope the guy who fought him pounded him . no class at all by the knights

mesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:57 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh View Post
real dirty hit by rupert , looking at 20 games for sure no class at all escpecially with a 7 goal lead i hope the guy who fought him pounded him . no class at all by the knights
What was dirty about it? Just wondering where ur coming from. To the head? From behind? Late? Boarding?
The "fight" resulted in no pounding of Rupert, sorry to disappoint. A rookie grabbed him and they basically fell. The second fight that
stoppage however, was a good one.
So you saw the hit but not the fight right after or are you going from a news replay or word of mouth.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM
aresknights

I'm sure the league takes a look but 20 games? Doubt it.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I'm sure the league takes a look but 20 games? Doubt it.
I doubt he gets one game...let alone 20. Wasn't dirty at all. Untimely? yes...Dirty?..not really.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I doubt he gets one game...let alone 20. Wasn't dirty at all. Untimely? yes...Dirty?..not really.
Agreed

Old
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh View Post
Not quite the 20 you thought

Old
03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

A bog group of kids will be in attendance in Londond next Friday....keep a lookout...

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
aresknights

Whats the occassin Racer?

The Knights are in Guelph next Friday. They are at home Thursday evenong however against the same Storm team.
A rare Friday off at the JLC

Old
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
aresknights

I know goalies are generally not considered for league MVPs but....
OHL rankings below

4th-GAA
6th-Save %
1st-Ws-CHL #1 as well
1st min played-CHL #1 as well
2nd-SOs-3rd in CHL
4-1 in shootouts with a 929 S% (only loss to Ktown when Gibson shut down our shooters in a game he was fantastic -almost 30 3rd period shots)
Simply the best breakaway, shoootout goalie around. I thought MAson was fantastic but I swear every break on Houser, I turn to my left and say "no worries", to which I get back "none at all". And 8 outta 10 he stops, seemingly ( may be a bit off here)

Hes been the best , most consistent, most irreplacable player on the best team in the O and a top team in Canada. Theyve rode him wire to wire, never losing 2 in a row and his play is as big a reason as any.

Im not saying hes the best pro prospect (in net or otherwise) but how can he not be given big consideration in this year?
Is there a player as valuable to his team as Houser is to this one?
Weve had all our big guys out due to injury, tourneys, suspension et al (save for Griffith maybe) and this team has continued to rack up Ws. The constant? Mr Doogie Houser!

As the best player, on the best team, he has to be given consideration

Id luv to hear a MVP chant thrown the kids way after his first big save tonight, but thats prolly a pipe dream.

Old
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Brock

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...-dane-fox.html

While I know he's a former player, thought some of you may like to read this.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:29 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...-dane-fox.html

While I know he's a former player, thought some of you may like to read this.
Great story and feature Brock!!! The kid has grown up fast in a short time and I'm glad to see something clicked in his head. The kid has the tools and right now IMO he's missed in London. The Ruperts really haven't been the same as a line since he departed.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Great story and feature Brock!!! The kid has grown up fast in a short time and I'm glad to see something clicked in his head. The kid has the tools and right now IMO he's missed in London. The Ruperts really haven't been the same as a line since he departed.
I think the twins miss him much more then the fans right now, like u said JL! Next year I think is where we will really miss him as Fans but there is no way u can compare Fox for Mckegg let be honest. Mckegg was a good deal said to see him go at the end of the year!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
overtheboards

Jacob Jammes is a good hockey player , the coaches in london should get him down there as fast as possible and get him out of gloucester cause theres no coaching there

overtheboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Jacob Jammes is a good hockey player , the coaches in london should get him down there as fast as possible and get him out of gloucester cause theres no coaching there
I really liked the signing. I know the Knights wanted him to come to the league earlier but his parents thought it would be best for him to develop in Gloucester. This reminds me of Jonathan Drouin, in the Q who did the same thing, thinking of possibly venturing the NCAA route by sticking with Midget over immediately signing with Halifax but overall changed his mind mid season decided to come to the CHL. Jammes will practice with the team, and may possibly play this weekend. There is a really good chance he may play with the Knights during the playoffs.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:46 AM
sirMcDuck

Can I get little update about Olli Määttä? Seems that statswise his playing pretty well 5+26=31p +25 (best rookie defender). But what else? Do he have NHL-potential?

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
aresknights

Matta has had a good rookie campaign.
He is rated to go in the first rd of NHL draft (he was rated aas a top ten north american skater)
He is one of the top rated OHL defenseman for the draft.
Has been a reg on the PP for a few months as well.
HAs shown some grit, can move the puck, plays both ends.
Good player

Old
03-15-2012, 05:11 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Hah just came here to ask about Määttä

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote