HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Blackhawks

Old
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
icekoob

vCash: 500
Also, and I mean no offense, but I have to laugh at you guys who are really upset over this win. Hockey fans in general are so funny in that our team loses one game and it's the end of the world.

You guys have a great team and I see no reason why anyone but maybe Boston could stand in your way. Lundqvist can take this team to the promiseland. Would love to see you guys in the Finals

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:52 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
Also, and I mean no offense, but I have to laugh at you guys who are really upset over this win. Hockey fans in general are so funny in that our team loses one game and it's the end of the world.

You guys have a great team and I see no reason why anyone but maybe Boston could stand in your way. Lundqvist can take this team to the promiseland. Would love to see you guys in the Finals
It's more of a mounting frustration from 3 losses in a row and our forwards not providing much offense... Ranger fans not overly concerned about Boston, we are 3-0 against them this season and I think have won 7 of our last 9 against them. More concerned about Pittsburgh.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:54 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Hey guys can we re-do the John Scott trade and you guys instead throw in Anisimov. Thanks.
Can we redo it and you can keep our 5th, just give us a 7th or something?

Guy is the definition of useless.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:56 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hey guys can we re-do the John Scott trade and you guys instead throw in Anisimov. Thanks.
He's pretty inconsistent and is prone to going good stretches without registering any points.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 03:04 AM
MDL8981

Quote:

Its not just about this one game...its built up frustration. A few losses in a row, but maybe even more concerning then that is that the team really hasnt looked good for almost a month. The good 60 minute efforts which included outworking the opposition and stellar team defense, which was a staple of this team pre-ASB, has almost dissapeared. Those solid efforts have been few and far between the past month...the norm has become being outplayed and getting flat out dominated at times. Even most of the games we won in February, we because Hank stood on his head and won us those games (think the past two wins vs Boston).

Now all of a sudden the goaltending has cooled off. And this is what you get when Hank isnt stealing wins.

So at least for me, its frustration over the fact the team has gotten away from what made them so successful October-early February. And now its back to "if Hank doesnt save us, we're screwed".

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
**** this game.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 04:09 AM
Ola

Seing how a player like Callahan has no jump in his legs when he is to go after a puck dumped into the attacking zone with a little over a minute left and the goalie pulled, it is a little annoying that we are playing "short handed" basically.

Isn't this the time a great team normally uses depth to "save" its goto players for a upcoming PO's?

Why did we dump Wolski?

Couldn't he have been of use now to give us some depth?

Why are both Rupp AND Scott playing?

It seems like these decisions to go with grinders only are really wearing on the goto players on this team because they have to carry a big load.

I just hope Torts running the goto players really hard right now, when we should be in a position to use depth and play to our strength and get our fair share of pts, won't come back to hurt us.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Jim Morrison

Soo... About that trade-deadline

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 05:05 AM
js10

Avery call!!

Extreme situations require extreme measures. They need to call up Avery. This move works remarkably. They will win it all just not to have him back. You can bet.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 05:47 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Soo... About that trade-deadline
Would you really be that happy if we gave up a 1st for Gaustad? Or two 4's for Pahlsson and his 2 goals?

Old
03-10-2012, 06:01 AM
The Sweetness

Unfortunate result but I thought we played a pretty decent game. Chicdago made us pay for our mistakes but I think we played better and got a bit unlucky. If this wasn't the third game of a three game losing streak then people would probably react a lot differently.

I love watching this team because of the effort they put in on a consistent basis. Memories of players coasting around and seemingly not caring if we lost are so fresh in my mind and as long as the guys give their all on the ice I will be pleased.

If this young team keeps putting in this effort in a nightly basis then we will have the core of a championship team. Obviously it is frustrating not scoring more, but at the same time what we have been doing has worked and proof of that is in the standings.

The fact that we are overachieving should not mean that people should adjust their expectations and overreact everytime we encounter some diversity.

The Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:30 AM
bubba5

Richards is the problem. He does not score, he does not do anything offensively, he does not take the body Or sacrifice the body to make a play, he has not helped our pp one bit. He is a waste of cap space and we can look forward too even more declining skills over the nex 8 years

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Richards is the problem. He does not score, he does not do anything offensively, he does not take the body Or sacrifice the body to make a play, he has not helped our pp one bit. He is a waste of cap space and we can look forward too even more declining skills over the nex 8 years
To look at whats going on and blame it squarely on Brad Richards is astoundingly ignorant.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Would you really be that happy if we gave up a 1st for Gaustad? Or two 4's for Pahlsson and his 2 goals?
Would've loved Downie, McGinn, Kostitsyn or even Nash. Additional scoring have always been our problem, and it's beginning to show why now down the stretch.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
I must disagree...the past two games he has really stood out in the games in my eyes, and although the goal was just a little too late at the end of the game last night. I think he is starting to hit his stride, I know there was a lot of talk about him not producing much offensively because he was trying become more defensive to try and fit into the system, and i think he is there and we are going to see more offense from him as we head to the playoffs and of course in the playoffs.

I feel like tomorrow is going to be a blowout in a good way! I think this team has been building up ever since the devils game and they are ready to pop!

I am frustrated with losing 3 in a row, but i am confident they will find a way stay together get back on track and be a huge force going into the playoffs. This adversity can only help them as the head to the playoffs!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Bardof425*

We do not have a first place roster, why should we be in first place? Unfortunately, the season is 82 games and not 60 and in a long season everything comes out in the wash. And we are now rinsing out and being exposed as a team with little talent up front, an inexperienced D; more inexperienced due to injuries, and a brutal power play. But we have chemistry.

Torts didn't want to mess with the chemistry. Is Brian Boyle a master chemist? Because he's a terrible hockey player. As a boss, just because someone does everything you tell them to doesn't make them a strong employee. Torts likes players that do what he says with little or no deviation. Even if they suck. And that's why we have a roster full of no talent grinders. And that my friends why we will get the 4 or 5 seed and lose in the first round.

The future will be bright if he purge some of the worthless forwards we have (Boyle, Feds, Scott, Mitchell) and replace them with guys who are effective with the puck on their sticks and continue to develop this young defense. At the beginning of the year no one thought we were a contender and we're not. It only hurts because of where we managed to get in the standings. But the pundits and us in our heart of hearts knew that the standings weren't telling the real story and that at some point we'd slump and find out rightful place in the middle of the pack.

Torts needs to let some skill guys into this lineup and Brandon Prust must be a 4th liner. The other two slugs on his line just need to go. We need to find a guy who wins big draws and put him on a line with Prust and Rupp. Build a third line with Hags and Dubi and have enough skill on the top two lines to score 6 goals every once in a while. Hank will be Hank.

The season is not over, but thoughts of a Cup this year should be.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:17 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Would've loved Downie, McGinn, Kostitsyn or even Nash. Additional scoring have always been our problem, and it's beginning to show why now down the stretch.
We did try to get Nash...its not our fault Howson is an idiot and didnt take a good offer. He's the only difference maker on your list and we did attempt to get him.

Kostitsyn, McGinn, Downie....these guys are all role players. Not saying they arent solid. They're good middle of the road players but nothing more and all three came with a fairly high asking price considering the type of players they are. Frankily, we have enough role players. We need more of the elite talent....but outside of Nash, there wasnt anyone out there.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Garden_Variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Not to be a debbie-downer here but Kreider provided close to nothing on the ice tonight in BC's win. He is not a consistent impact player on the ice. I am a fan of Kreider but think fans should really temper their expectations because it wouldn't be fair to think that a player who does not dominate NCAA games with any consistency is going to step up in March during a playoff push and provide scoring depth at the NHL level as a rookie with no Pro experience.
You are correct sir! UMASS outplayed BC last night however BC's goalie was sensational. Ranger draft pick Danny Hobbs played much better than Kreider last night. Danny Hobbs gave up his body to block shots which Kreider does not do which means he will not play on a Torts team. The kid looks bored out there and does not give max effort every shift. Just so everyone understands considering all of his talent he does not even play on the top line. He is a 2nd liner on BC. Keep your expectations to a minimum please.

Mats Zuccarello is not a shot-blocker either which is probably why he does not get call ups. Torts is a stubborn guy so its his way or your watching from the stands. Probably why Wolski never played even when Feds went down with an injury.

Garden_Variety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 08:48 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
No, the problem is scrubs like Boyle, Scott and our glut of fill-in d-men being bad at what they do.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
We did try to get Nash...its not our fault Howson is an idiot and didnt take a good offer. He's the only difference maker on your list and we did attempt to get him.

Kostitsyn, McGinn, Downie....these guys are all role players. Not saying they arent solid. They're good middle of the road players but nothing more and all three came with a fairly high asking price considering the type of players they are. Frankily, we have enough role players. We need more of the elite talent....but outside of Nash, there wasnt anyone out there.
Role players... Well, they've produced far more than our own "role players" since being traded.

McGinn 4+2 in 6 games
Kostitsyn 1+3 in 4 games
Downie 2+8 in 8 games

Would've loved to have, say Downie, on our second line.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:58 AM
William Muney

I agree...many talk of Krieder being hte second comming of Brendan Shanahan which he aint! People still talk of Sauer like he is a sure thing...this guy has been hurt far more then he has been healthy over his junior/pro career. I think its time that we get over the notion that we are a real cup contender and start looking for maybe squeaking through the first round....This team still needs growth

William Muney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:12 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Shades of 05-06...great regular season, then a collapse, blown division lead, and a first-round sweep. Please let this year be different.
Thoughts of this have been creeping up in the back of my mind too. Anything but that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I'm actually starting to wonder if they shouldn't just rest some of their workhorses like Gaborik, Girardi, McD and Callahan (who looks like he came back way too soon), and not worry where they finish in the top 8. Because the way they're going, it looks like one and done no matter who they play, the last month they haven't looked like a playoff team, they look like a horse that was in first and fades at the top of the stretch. Maybe they can get rested and get back to the defensive lockdown game where they win every game 2-1.
In either the Ottawa or NJ game day thread I suggested this specifically to the players in bold. Give them three games off each and not the same games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Why did we dump Wolski?
Because he is a soft, lazy, and a liability every time he is on the ice. Talented? No doubt. However if you want to win you can't choose when you feel like working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
To look at whats going on and blame it squarely on Brad Richards is astoundingly ignorant.
I was going to quote him, but you saved be the trouble. Thanks.

As of this moment I am still not worried (I said 9-4-4 for March), however they have a ****** home stand and I may start to panic a little. Someone who isn't me might have to up their self meds.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:22 AM
msv957

This Ranger team is:

2nd in the NHL is Goals against
12th in the NHL in Goals scored
6th in the NHL in Goal differential
3rd in the NHL in points
1st in the East in points

The sky is falling!!! sheesh.....

These team statistics are very good. This team has as good as a chance to win the cup this year and any team in the NHL.

Let's step back a little and realize that teams throughout an 82 game season will go into a slump as it always happens.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

there is sure plenty of blame to go around however i feel that unless Richards and dubi start producing as we expected from them...theyre going nowhere. Richards has played better the past few games, hes at least noticeable but his play on the PP is borderline brutal. if he wasnt sold as being the savior for the PP and wasnt a "torts guy" its questionable that he would be out there at all. see him on the point makes my skin crawl. Up until 2 days ago he didnt shoot the puck and you have to hold your breath everything the play comes back to him because odds are its going the other way on an odd man rush. I dont see the hockey IQ at all with some of his decisions at the point.
as for dubi, i've said it for years...we've seen the best of him, they should've got rid of him when we had the chance. As someone said before, we need to limit our expectations as this team has severely overachieved all year long. If they drop to 4-5 and get swept in the first round will I be disappointed? of course. will i be surprised? not at all. This team is still a few pieces away from being a legit cup contender and it all starts with the lack of scoring and torts inability to get anything out of the PP for years.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Petemo

Fedotenko is done. He can still hang when they're cycling down low, but in the D and neutral zone he has lost a step decision making wise, and is a turnover machine. I hope its just a slump and not him falling off a cliff, as we could really use his experience and playoff clutch ability.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote