HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Small Lundqvist interview

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Freudian
Regress to meanness

vCash: 406
Small Lundqvist interview

In the swedish paper Expressen. I'll translate for those of you who don't understand swedish.

About Kevin Weekes:
"Kevin has had a tough time, no doubt about it. He has had poor luck the games he has played. I like Kevin and think he has gotten a lot of unwarranted criticism. I was glad we won the last game he started".

About going to Turin
"It's increadibly fun to go and meet the other guys in the team"

About being a star in the National team now:
"Star and star. I don't look at myself that way".

How he think Sweden does in the Olympics:
"It is so hard to predict. Of course I go around dreaming about a final and gold."

Does he dream about a shutout in the dream:
"(laughter) No. I haven't seen any scores. Just that we win."

About how he changed his game since moving to New York.
"The biggest difference (compared to early in the season) is that I am more relaxed before the games. It used to take so much unnecessary energy from me. I relax much more today."

On why he think he has done so well in the NHL:
"I came prepared. I had many good seasons in Sweden. And I have had great help by the coaches."

About being the Rangers #1 keeper for the next ten years:
"I want to stay with the team. It is really a dream of mine. I have to constantly be at the top of my game and perform."

On younger players coming up wanting to take his spot:
"I am not going to give my spot up easily. I am here now"

Old
02-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Twist and Shout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian

On younger players coming up wanting to take his spot:
"I am not going to give my spot up easily. I am here now"
Ain't that the truth.

Old
02-06-2006, 10:35 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
A man who hangs out with Playmate Victoria Silvstedt would be relaxed in NYC?? Go figure

Old
02-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Ola

In another interview he said that winning the Olympics this year would be bigger then the Cup!

Guess he needs to be around the NHL for a while to get his prioritizes straigt...

Old
02-06-2006, 12:08 PM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
In another interview he said that winning the Olympics this year would be bigger then the Cup!

Guess he needs to be around the NHL for a while to get his prioritizes straigt...
I am surprised he dared to say that, I wonder if he would say the same if he was interviewed by american media.

Old
02-06-2006, 02:19 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
About being a star in the National team now:
"Star and star. I don't look at myself that way".
Does anyone remember brodeur saying the beginning of the season that he doesn't care about the reduced size of the pads as long as hes a star and atop of the league in stats? what a cocky guy, lundqvist's attitude is totally different from my perspective. I'm sure he too thinks a lot of himself, but at least he doesn't make it publically known.

Old
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola

I don't think that's so bad. Here's a 24 year old kid who's playing on an international tournament that most only get to play in twice, maybe three times, and very rarely more than that. The Stanley Cup is something that you shoot for every year for as long as your career is alive in the NHL. The Olympic gold medal? Who knows how many shots at that you'll get.

Having said that, I think the Stanley Cup is way tougher to win. I'm ok with his priorities right now.

Old
02-06-2006, 05:06 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola

He grew up with this dream, not the Stanley Cup. Its just an issue of proximity. I mean, Forsberg is still haunted by the fact that he never won the SEL champ for Modo. Forsberg is a god in Sweden because of his gold medal, not his NHL accomplishments. I am sure that Lundqvist will acquire a taste for Silver very shorty, especially for 33 lbs or so.

Old
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
shoothepuck

He also knows that his chance to win gold is right around the corner, where the cup may take him a few more years to win.

Old
02-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Ola

I agree with everything thats said. And it wasn't a "statement" from him. He was asked what was bigger for him, "the games" or the cup, and he said winning the games would be reallly big. The reporter jumped on it and asked like "so you think the olympic games are bigger then the cup?" and Lundqvist then answeared that he first wanted to win the olympics and then the cup...

Closed Thread