HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#67|Mar. 10, 2012|Flyers at Maple Leafs|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
03-10-2012, 08:46 AM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Good luck. I love seeing games there. I live in philly but if i was ever gonna relocate it would be to toronto. The most beautiful hockey heaven every created and everyones cool there. their hardcore for the leafs but their not dick s like in montreal. Everybody's all cursing at you in french there. I'm undefeated on the road and i'm hoping we play in LA next year cause that's next on the list. That and Vancouver. Nice work representing, have fun......btw, did you ever drink at Reilly's?
Nope, never drank there. You will LOVE Vancouver, I've been 4 times and if I ever win the lottery I'll be buying a place there and going back and forth between T.O. and Van. I love the sea wall and Stanley Park and the eagles and otters and seals. Didn't go to a Canucks' game but I saw the Giants who play in the WHL and it was a penaltyfest. Here are some pics I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammike...7622482669010/

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
We are in section 103 I believe. I have sat up top a few times and honestly, the atmosphere is actually better up there. You actually get the real Leafs fans up there as opposed to the corporate crowd.

Every time I have been up there, the fans have been as respectful as they could be considering I was wearing a Flyers jersey. With my experiences, you should hope even more than normal that the Flyers win/outplay the Leafs. When it gets to be bad, the Leafs fans start turning on eachother and it leaves for some great entertainment
Just got home, we are in 308. We are on the blueline facing the Flyers' bench. Are you taking the GO train in? I see you're in Waterloo and CG will be taking it. When are you coming in? We're meeting at Harvey's at Union around 5:15 in case you're in the area.

We have sat their 2 or 3 times now. Clients of mine have partial season's tickets and they give me their Flyer tickets if they have them. CG also got tickets from a client of hers once, we sat in one of the ends, I think where the Leafs shot for the first and third. I think we're 1 and 3 so far, has to improve tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Best seats I ever had were at the ACC. Right behind Flyers bench with our own private box beneath the seats. You go in there during intermission for food and drinks and then have best seats in house for game. Saw Richies 3 on 5 goal live
Show off! LOL! I don't eat or drink at games, too expensive and not many vegetarian options.

The only time I've had really good seats was when Vancouver played and it was Sundin's return. My friend got tickets from her boss but silly girl, she thought I'd be cheering for the Leafs! She was shocked when I was cheering for the Canucks!

Last edited by SnS: 03-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2539
Voracek and Kubina didn't travel to Toronto but they haven't been ruled out for tomorrow night's game (at New Jersey) just yet.

Jonas Gustavsson and Ilya Bryzgalov are the starting goalies tonight.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Voracek and Kubina didn't travel to Toronto but they haven't been ruled out for tomorrow night's game (vs. New Jersey) just yet.

Jonas Gustavsson will start for Toronto.
Not good.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:39 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Just got home, we are in 308. We are on the blueline facing the Flyers' bench. Are you taking the GO train in? I see you're in Waterloo and CG will be taking it. When are you coming in? We're meeting at Harvey's at Union around 5:15 in case you're in the area.
Yes, taking the Go Train. I live in Waterloo for school, but my parents like in Burlington so I came home for the weekend so it makes it easier.

We are heading down pretty soon, going to the ROM this afternoon and then out for dinner before the game. Thanks for the offer, I definitely appreciate it. However, we have a reservation at Real Sports for 5pm.

Enjoy the game, and Go Flyers!

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:50 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

...a friend is still trying to procure tickets!..fingers crossed! I guess there's always the game later this month
GO FLYERS!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
cheesesteak

Toronto's turn to get Galov'd!

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:10 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

I want to see Harntell/Phaneuf go yet again. I want them to unleash the physical play on the Leafs. Flyers hopefully come out strong like they've had in recent games.

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Yes, taking the Go Train. I live in Waterloo for school, but my parents like in Burlington so I came home for the weekend so it makes it easier.

We are heading down pretty soon, going to the ROM this afternoon and then out for dinner before the game. Thanks for the offer, I definitely appreciate it. However, we have a reservation at Real Sports for 5pm.

Enjoy the game, and Go Flyers!
Have fun! I was in Burlington last weekend birdwatching

Old
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Bryzgalov is tonight's starter.
I wanted Bob to start this one, he hasn't played in ages. His skeleton will be on the bench tonight!

Old
03-10-2012, 11:24 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Bryzgalov is tonight's starter.
He is on fire, but would of liked Bob to get this one and have Bryz vs Devs tommorow. Or maybe the Bryz just wants to play all the games

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2539
Quote:
I wanted Bob to start this one, he hasn't played in ages. His skeleton will be on the bench tonight!
If the Flyers lost the last game, my guess is Bobrovsky would have started tonight.

Even with the back-to-back games this weekend, considering Bryzgalov is on a roll and the team is winning, coaches can be reluctant to risk altering the 'mo with a goalie switch.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
PJStock*

Can see this being a pretty close affair... Leafs are desperate, and they competed pretty well against the Bruins and Pens. Not to be negative, but with the current AHL defense the Flyers are icing, just a matter of time before they get burned. Even with Bryz on a roll.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
The Bruins had three chances to draft Clarke and two of the picks combined for about 150 games played.

The Flyers picked John Stevens four picks ahead of Patrick Roy.

Each team has regrettable picks, sometimes based on who followed.

As far as Favell, did you see this from a few months ago?

Thanks,
I think the last time I saw him play was in some form of alumni game or something. He actually sat in a stool in the crease. Pretty funny. He was fun to watch in his hayday.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
you seriously want see Bob after Bryz finally find the way out of the woods?? wow..

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:45 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Going to miss this one, sadly.

Hoping for my favourite score line of the year:

Leafs x
Flyers > x

03-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Xegiie

cant wait to watch this one, my guess is flyers-toronto 4-1.
3 points for G just to troll with #100 and jags with one goal

Old
03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
you seriously want see Bob after Bryz finally find the way out of the woods?? wow..
Eh, Bob needs to play a game here and there. Good to see Breezy doing well, but its always good to make sure your backup gets in a few games just incase the starter gets hurt and the backup needs to make a run. We have back-to-back games, I thought Bob would have gotten the Leafs and then you could run Breezy for a bunch of games yet again.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
I would have liked to see Bob today and Bryz tomorrow at NJ.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

ugh. bryz plays every game. period.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Tim Tebow

We are so used to not having a #1 we want to start Bob

Bryz is feeling it. Keep it going. It's not like he's going to get tired he was starting all of 69 games a year in Phoenix. If he started every game remaining (which he won't) he would only have 62 starts. Might as well keep riding him out while he's hot.

Who cares what Bob does he isn't leading us anywhere anyway.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Yup, Bryz can't play every game and Bob needs occasional work. Besides, this will likely be my one and only chance to see Bob in person seeing he's likely going to be trade bait.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
I might be in the minority, but I think Timonen's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I think the few games rest he's going to get will do wonders in the playoffs, as long as he isn't out tooooo long, I think it will be a good thing.

I'd rather play Bob tonight and play Bryz against NJ. That way, we can give Bob a game, and Bryz can play right away tomorrow without much layoff to get him off of his game.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Xegiie

well in czech we have saying. You don't change tactic or line ups after a winning game.
We have 4 games winning streak i wouldn't touch a thing, including bryz. Tho i didn't know theres game tommorow.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
well in czech we have saying. You don't change tactic or line ups after a winning game.
We have 4 games winning streak i wouldn't touch a thing, including bryz. Tho i didn't know theres game tommorow.
That's why I'd rather he not play. Last year, Bob was burnt out by being overplayed early on, I'd rather give Bryz a day off here and there before the playoffs. We're not in any danger of missing the playoffs so there's no need to over play him.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
That's why I'd rather he not play. Last year, Bob was burnt out by being overplayed early on, I'd rather give Bryz a day off here and there before the playoffs. We're not in any danger of missing the playoffs so there's no need to over play him.
Bryz is used to playing 65-75 games a year. He's also in the hottest form of his flyers career. Why in the world would you want to jinx that benching him? Hell, he might start back to back.

Do the Rangers bench Lundy?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote