HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hustle? To be honest, it doesn't even look like he is trying that hard. Just playing like he knows the game and what he's doing. I actually think he can turn it up even more.
He has some unreal acceleration.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
He has some unreal acceleration.
That's for sure! I couldn't believe it. I actually thought he was a slower type skater.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
HSF

what is up with Puempel is he injured?

Old
03-09-2012, 11:38 PM
LadyM
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
what is up with Puempel is he injured?
yeap, he's been out with a concussion.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:25 AM
NuxFan09

College results (Friday March 9/12):

CCHA

D Chris Wideman had a goal and an assist and was +3 for his Miami University RedHawks in their 6-0 win over Michigan State. Miami University leads the quarterfinal series 1-0.

LW Jeff Costello didn't have any points and picked up 2 PIMS for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their 2-1 double overtime loss to Michigan. Michigan leads the quarterfinal series 1-0.

ECAC

LW Brad Peltz was not in the lineup for the Yale Bulldogs in their 2-1 overtime win over Harvard. Did a quick check as to why but couldn't find any info. Yale leads their quarterfinal series 1-0.

WCHA

D Ben Blood scored a PP goal and was +1 for North Dakota in their 4-1 win in Game 1 over Bemidji State. North Dakota leads their first round series 1-0.

D Bryce Aneloski had no points and was -1 in Nebraska-Omaha's 4-0 shutout loss in Game 1 to St. Cloud State. St. Cloud State now leads the series 1-0.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Glory

http://www.qualitystreaming.net/hockey/

Looks like Brynäs - Frölunda will be streamed tomorrow. It's leading the voting right now, if you want to vote for it go in on the link and click on Schedule(votes) (got to have facebook) and vote for that game. Starts 15:00 (3PM(?) swedish time)

Old
03-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
ECAC

LW Brad Peltz was not in the lineup for the Yale Bulldogs in their 2-1 overtime win over Harvard. Did a quick check as to why but couldn't find any info. Yale leads their quarterfinal series 1-0.
Peltz must be on the roster just so he can wear the jacket.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
This is a business, and it's the greatest league in the world. I respect how hard daug and condra hustle, but daug is a fringe nhler who is below average at everything besides the pk. Same goes with condra, though he is a little better. Smith, Neil, Foligno, Alfie, Michalek, Greening, etc. are all capable of playing pk and are hardly a downgrade to the previous two, ass they all at least add something other than average pk ability.
Neil and Foligno are significant PK downgrades IMO. I don't want to go into the playoffs relying on two of my top 3 offensive forwards to carry the PK load. Particularly when one of them is 39.

Old
03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Lol the same **** is happening to Carkner and Konopka. I don't see anyone complaining about that. At the end of the day the goal is to win games. If Zibanejad and Stone are better than Daugavins and Condra, then the former gets to play and the latter watches from the press box. Zibanejad is already an NHLer in terms of skill level and better than both of Condra and Daugavins. In pre=season and the first 9 regular season games, he looked like a decent third liner. He was sent back to Sweden because the sens want him to be a top six guy. Going into the playoffs, a guy like Zibanejad will add more to the team than either Daugavins or Condra.

As for Stone, the guy gets no love around here. Back to back seasons of dominating the WHL plus being one of the best if not the best player for team Canada in the WJHC. He is a big winger, who is solid a taking draws, has well above average offensive IQ and can be any of a sniper, playmaker or powerforward. Is he ready to walk into the NHL? I don't know, but I would like to see what he's got. I also think that a line of Zibanejad-Smith-Stone>>>Daugavins-Smith-Condra. Zbad is fast, hits like Neil is very solid defensively and has some damn good finish as well, Stone is the playmaker on the line who will set up Zbad mostly but will also be able to play the sniper role himself and Smith will be his good ole self by being very physical and aggressive and being very solid defensively.
If one or both of these guys gets brought to Ottawa and dominate in practice it would be hard to keep them off the roster. I'm also all for getting these guys spots next season if they earn them.

But to take out two of your better pk forwards (notice how NHL GM's spend up to second round picks on guys like Kelly and Moore) right before the playoffs and expect two rookies with a combined 9 games NHL experience to step in and make a difference is setting your hopes pretty damn high. I'd have more faith in Zibanejad being able to produce and help because of his size, speed and physical attributes but I would not expect Stone to be able to step in and make a big impact right away.

But the, what was I thinking? I completely forgot this was the prospect circle-jerk thread.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Minister of Offence

Solid swing speed on the one timer assist from Noesen last night.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Whats going on with Pageau? Been having a hard time scoring goals with his new team it seems.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Whats going on with Pageau? Been having a hard time scoring goals with his new team it seems.
Maybe his role has changed IE: Paired up with a shooter?

Old
03-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
If one or both of these guys gets brought to Ottawa and dominate in practice it would be hard to keep them off the roster. I'm also all for getting these guys spots next season if they earn them.

But to take out two of your better pk forwards (notice how NHL GM's spend up to second round picks on guys like Kelly and Moore) right before the playoffs and expect two rookies with a combined 9 games NHL experience to step in and make a difference is setting your hopes pretty damn high. I'd have more faith in Zibanejad being able to produce and help because of his size, speed and physical attributes but I would not expect Stone to be able to step in and make a big impact right away.
I agree that they will have to earn those spots in practice. IMO they will earn those spots, just like Klinkhammer and O'Brien did. Certainly it is just speculation at this point, so basically I am just confident in Stone and Zibanejad's abilities and feel that based on those abilities they will be able to outplay condra and daugavins for roster spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
But the, what was I thinking? I completely forgot this was the prospect circle-jerk thread.
What are you talking about?

Old
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I agree that they will have to earn those spots in practice. IMO they will earn those spots, just like Klinkhammer and O'Brien did. Certainly it is just speculation at this point, so basically I am just confident in Stone and Zibanejad's abilities and feel that based on those abilities they will be able to outplay condra and daugavins for roster spots.

What are you talking about?
Both Butler & Condra have one way contracts for next season so unless one of them is traded or waived I'm guessing they will be on the roster next season. Daugavins & Regin are both RFAs, it will be interesting to see if these two are re-signed/qualified. Winchester is another guy who is still young & could also be re-signed although I wouldn't re-sign him. The only way I can see to replace Butler, Condra & Daugavins is if they callup Hoffman or DD soon & they out play those guys for a spot going into the playoffs.

A number of decisions need to be made now & if they want to make room for some prospects for next season. I would also think that there are one or two Bingo guys (Hoffman/Boroweicki) ready to step into the NHL next season as well. I doubt we will see Zibanejad or Silfverberg this yr during the NHL playoffs but I do hope that Stone, Blood & Wideman all make it to Bingo before they end their season.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Sens Mile

Important NCAA games for some of our boys.

Chris Wideman has 1A so far in a 1-1 game in the first (Best of 3, won last night)

0-0 game for Notre Dame (Lost last night, could end Costello's season)

Old
03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Sens Mile

Chris Weidman with a goal and assist, advances to CCHA Semi-FInals. (Cameron Schilling as well, Sens Chirp says we are looking)
Jeff Costello with an assist, his season is over. Do not expect him to be signed to an Entry Level Contract.
Western Michigan Advanced with Matt Tennyson, Sens Chirp suggested we are looking at him, and he has been on recently (Broke Anderson cut). He is in the 3rd year of his NCAA, so not guranteed to sign afterwards.

Ben Blood advanced to the next round with North Dakota

Andrej Sustr is out with the two losses.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:24 PM
sensfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post

Looks like Brynäs - Frölunda will be streamed tomorrow. It's leading the voting right now, if you want to vote for it go in on the link and click on Schedule(votes) (got to have facebook) and vote for that game. Starts 15:00 (3PM(?) swedish time)
So the game comes on 7am Pacific and 10am Eastern

Old
03-11-2012, 12:22 AM
NuxFan09

CHL prospect results - Saturday March 10/12

WHL

RW Mark Stone had an assist on the powerplay and was even on the night for the Brandon Wheat Kings in their 2-1 win over the Saskatoon Blades.

LW Darren Kramer scored a goal and was even on the night for his Spokane Chiefs in a 3-2 win for the Chiefs over the Kootenay Ice.

D Jordan Fransoo had no points and was -1 for the Victoria Royals in a 3-0 shutout loss to the Everett Silvertips.

OHL

*No OHL prospects in action today.

QMJHL

LW Jakub Culek had an assist and was -1 for the Rimouski Oceanic in a 4-2 loss to the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada.

Old
03-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Glory

20 minutes till Brynäs and Silfverberg playing first quarterfinal against Frölunda. Collberg ain't playing.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
20 minutes till Brynäs and Silfverberg playing first quarterfinal against Frölunda. Collberg ain't playing.

Is it working for anyone?

Just a dark screen that says

Quality Streaming
Football (reserve) Hockey Schedule (votes)

none of the links really do anything

Old
03-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Glory

Think it will start when they drop the puck. Skipping all the commercial and that stuff. Atleast I hope so

On now!

Old
03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Think it will start when they drop the puck. Skipping all the commercial and that stuff. Atleast I hope so

On now!
http://www.justin.tv/derbykanalen#/w/2743454816

This seems to be working. Solid feed.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:05 AM
WayneBruce

Not gonna be easy for Silfverberg & Co. They are playing against the pure shutdown-line of A.Axelsson-PJ.Axelsson-Freddy Sjostrom.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Glory

Wow, looking at that first goal, it's weird

guess what? 16 games now. Assist to Järnkrok on an empty net goal

Last edited by Glory: 03-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Dionysus

vCash: 50
Nice little touch pass by Silfverberg to set up Jarnkrok for the EN goal. Also, the fans are phenomenal.

Closed Thread