HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Roenick Rips Marleau Again

Old
03-10-2012, 04:49 AM
WTFetus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Secondly yes 10X better is a figure of speech that typically means significantly better. I'm not seeing that
A term so broad as "significant" varies from person to person. In his mind, .25 ppg better could very well be significant. In the regular season, it separates a 60 point player from an 80 point player. So I'm still not getting why you mentioned ppg as a rebuttal, it doesn't help your case any.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
DutchSharksfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The Cup View Post

DutchSharksfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 09:08 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Traveling so haven't weighed in. From my position watching Marleau for his entire career, I think he is having one of his best two-way seasons ever. He is engaged, going into corners, and finishing checks like he weighs more than 200lbs. I've been most vocal of his lack of effort in the past. But I don't see that this year. He is consistently working hard. So in this case, I'm wondering if JR has been watching Patty play.

The team knows whats at stake. They haven't yet found the balance between tightening the defense and tightening the sticks but they are getting there. I'm still expecting a winning streak to take them into the playoffs and do damage once they are there. They're putting in the effort and they have the skill and players. I just hope they have the time.

03-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...

vCash: 1004
Islanders AND Sharks fan? Your credit just went out the window ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
sharklife25

Quote:
THIS IS THE BEST POST I've EVER READ!!!

AGREE WITH EVERYTHING!!!!!!

sharklife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
tiburon12

I want to know more about what went on between Marleau and Roenick during those two season. DP asked Patty and he said "not worth talking about," which of course only makes me want to know more

tiburon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon12 View Post
I want to know more about what went on between Marleau and Roenick during those two season. DP asked Patty and he said "not worth talking about," which of course only makes me want to know more
I doubt its very exciting

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
We Want The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Islanders AND Sharks fan? Your credit just went out the window ...
Why, because I am loyal to the team I grew up watching, and I have taken in over 50 sharks games including 2 game 7's? If anything, I would think being an Islanders fan for the last 25ish years would give me more credibility in knowing how spoiled Sharks fans are right now, as they haven't made the second round since 1993. The Sharks have only MISSED the second round once since 2004, and most fans act like they have gone through such hard times.

We Want The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
sharklife25

Quote:
Why, because I am loyal to the team I grew up watching, and I have taken in over 50 sharks games including 2 game 7's? If anything, I would think being an Islanders fan for the last 25ish years would give me more credibility in knowing how spoiled Sharks fans are right now, as they haven't made the second round since 1993. The Sharks have only MISSED the second round once since 2004, and most fans act like they have gone through such hard times.
With high expectations comes great disappointment...

If you have the horses to do it, but they never come through it's far more heartbreaking than never having the horses and never expecting anything out of them...

sharklife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM
We Want The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharklife25 View Post
With high expectations comes great disappointment...

If you have the horses to do it, but they never come through it's far more heartbreaking than never having the horses and never expecting anything out of them...
They have made the final four (out of THIRTY TEAMS) 3 times in the last 7 seasons, final 8 in 6 of 7. You can cry about them not making the finals all you want, but the fact is, each year there are way more than 8 teams that "have the horses to do it", and the sharks are consistently going pretty far.

As a fan, I hope that they find their way this year, but I am also not going to be looking for players to blame if they don't. I think that is what is most frustrating when talking to other Sharks fans... they are always looking for a scapegoat, even before the season is over, as if the team has already lost. If the chosen scapegoat of the day has never won a cup before, the reason for them being the scapegoat is "they obviously don't have what it takes to win a cup". If the chosen scapegoat has won a cup in the past (Boyle, Niemi) then "obviously it was a fluke". It is all just so frustrating to see, the team has great players and fans are usually attacking them.

As for your quote... in my experience you are dead wrong. It is far more heartbreaking to see your team not make the 2nd round for 2 decades than it is to see your team ousted in the playoffs every season for a decade.

Last edited by We Want The Cup: 03-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.
We Want The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
kihekah19

I wouldn't put much stock into what the attention whoring roenick has to say about anything. The man is a flat out FAKE.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
I wouldn't put much stock into what the attention whoring roenick has to say about anything. The man is a flat out FAKE.
He really is - a bandwagonner.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote