HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 5.0: Diaz and Bourque out with concussions

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2012, 02:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I'm still waiting for Mr Habs opinion about that
damn! beat me to it

Old
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
From what I've heard there was a chance Markov could be back early next week but the flu means another setback. Assuming there's no more surprises, Friday would make a lot of sense.
Yes that's it. The flu. Markov has the flu in his knee! I for one dont believe for a minute he has the flu. I guess we will know fairly soon

Old
03-10-2012, 11:51 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Yes that's it. The flu. Markov has the flu in his knee! I for one dont believe for a minute he has the flu. I guess we will know fairly soon
I believe it. Sometimes when things go wrong, they tend to all do it at the same time.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

PG is at the Hamilton game, said that Markov will play and that Desharnais is day to day and while he won't play tonight he doesn't think he will be out for too long.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:04 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Marky is playing tonight !!!

Old
03-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaHabsFan View Post
Marky is playing tonight !!!
Still unconfirmed, but it looks like it !

I still say it's stupid to play him at all, but still... finally a reason to get excited for a game !!

Let's hope everything holds up

Old
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Still unconfirmed, but it looks like it !

I still say it's stupid to play him at all, but still... finally a reason to get excited for a game !!

Let's hope everything holds up
He needs to play to see how he will do. How he plays may make up what Montreal does this summer for the defense core.

Old
03-10-2012, 03:30 PM
HomaridII

The wait is finally over!

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621537

Old
03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Mr Hab will be the sniper in the crowd, looking for the general...

Old
03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
MarkovsKnee

Does anyone know what's going on with Moen & Darche? Is Moen done for the season with a concussion? I haven't heard anything about what ails Darche.

It was good to see Markov back.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Good to see this list WITHOUT Markov.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:09 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I guess he really had the flu.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Desharnais: day to day

According to Cunneyworth (first link) his injury is not serious and Renaud Lavoie from rds (second link) mentioned that if everything goes well, he should be back vs the Sabres.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-gallagher.php

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../136206/public

---------------------

Moen

Is he suffering from post concussion symptoms?

Old
03-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I'm still waiting for Mr Hab's opinion about that
I didn't come here (HF Habs Board) or follow the sports news recently, so...I thought Markov would maybe play in a week or two or more! So, there was a major element of surprise for me when I saw #79 out there!! Honestly...I almost dropped my drink! #79 looked like a ghost out there!! I can admit though...it did feel good to see him out there and especially when he hugged Subban after PK scored (nice soft pass from Markov). It's all the waiting that I can't stand and he's there when we don't need him anymore (obviously he has to test out his knee).

Yes I'm a Markov basher! (I bash the never ending waiting, jinxed/injury prone body and his miserable interviews (until recently!), and the worst part...his magic act in playoffs called ''Mr.Invisible''), but...I also do admit that I like his cerebral style and regular season play (when/if he's there!), but still...we need him to stay healthy (obviously) and we need him to prove waaaaay more in playoffs...waaaaaay more (at the very least he should help our PP in playoffs).

I've been so excited at the thought of a TOP 5 (OVERALL) PICK (like many of us Hab fans), and now...Markov might help us instead get a 8th or 9th or 10th overall pick!! (huge difference). Not Markov's fault obviously...he needs/wants to test his knee and looked so happy to finally be playing (I do love that!), but he's still approx. 2 months late in helping our Habs get to playoffs (#$%^&*#$%^&*#$%^&*@#$#$%^&*@#$%&*%*%@#$ ). Blame his very jinxed, very fragile body/knees, I guess! (can't rush a knee injury,etc).

So, no playoffs and now...we have to nervously wait and see if we move down from top 5 pick to only a top 10 pick. The only thing (only consolation) that can make me forget this miserable season is a solid STAR/SUPERSTAR TOP 5 PICK. Now that Markov is back to test out his knee I feel like our chances of getting a top 5 pick may be dwindling (I really really hope I'm wrong 'cause I really want us to get a TOP 5 PICK or at worst...a TOP 6 PICK).

MARKOV'S SMILE and QUOTE:
he was so excited when hugging Subban after Subbie scored (like a kid!)...I really really do love seeing that (really I do!). I wish Markov smiled more often. Maybe having a more positive attitude (smiling more, joking around more often like he is now!) when doing rehab can improve his health a bit!! positive attitude can help the body/mind heal faster or sort of!,etc...). When asked about his knee after the game, Markov replied (with a little sarcastic smirk) ''it's still there!''. See...I like this reply (there's some humor in there! obvious he's really happy...too bad he couldn't come back in January). Glad he's healthy again but I won't hold my breath (he's jinxed with an injury-prone body,imo, but I hope the jinx is over obviously but we need to get one more top 4 dman anyway, and at least one more very solid #5-6 dman) but I will hope he will help us next season (lockout??? no lockout???) by staying healthy (and try to avoid being violently bodychecked a la Subban) and helping us when it really counts...playoffs. He still has yet to prove something to our Habs during playoffs. I've already seen way more from Subban and Gorges in playoffs.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-12-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old
03-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Nicko999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

MARKOV'S SMILE and QUOTE:
he was so excited when hugging Subban after Subbie scored (like a kid!)...I really really do love seeing that (really I do!). I wish Markov smiled more often. Maybe having a more positive attitude (smiling more, joking around more often like he is now!) when doing rehab can improve his health a bit!! positive attitude can help the body/mind heal faster or sort of!,etc...). When asked about his knee after the game, Markov replied (with a little sarcastic smirk) ''it's still there!''. See...I like this reply (there's some humor in there! obvious he's really happy...too bad he couldn't come back in January). Glad he's healthy again but I won't hold my breath (he's jinxed with an injury-prone body,imo, but I hope the jinx is over obviously but we need to get one more top 4 dman anyway, and at least one more very solid #5-6 dman) but I will hope he will help us next season (lockout??? no lockout???) by staying healthy (and try to avoid being violently bodychecked a la Subban) and helping us when it really counts...playoffs. He still has yet to prove something to our Habs during playoffs. I've already seen way more from Subban and Gorges in playoffs.
Markov and Subban seem to be great friends.

Old
03-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Markov and Subban seem to be great friends.

Great pic!! I want to see more of this when it really counts...next season (lockout?? no lockout??) and especially in playoffs.

Price and Subban have been saying that Markov is our best dman...and I'm a huge fan of Price, Subban (also Gorges), so...I'll respect what they said. But, I do wonder what they think about Markov's playoff performance (almost invisible) and playoff stats (terrible).

For now...I'm gong to hope that Markov can stay healthy for a long long time. Way too fed up of our Habs missing a huge spot in our TOP 4 D-CORPS (can't wait for Beaulieu, Ellis, Tinordi, and maybe Dumba?! maybe UFA Ryan Suter?!).

Again...nice pic!! (Habs solidarity!! ).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-12-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Nicko999

I guess my theory about Moen having a concussion might be true after all.

Old
03-14-2012, 12:30 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I guess my theory about Moen having a concussion might be true after all.
KGB agent Gauthier thinks he is hiding it well...

Old
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Habs

Where is Diaz?

Old
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
SB164

Seriously, where IS Diaz? I haven't a heard a word about him in weeks.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Andy

Groin injury for Diaz is what I heard. Don't feel like finding links, though I'm sure I heard it during a broadcast.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Seriously, where IS Diaz? I haven't a heard a word about him in weeks.
All I know is that he has a lower body injury.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

Old
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Emelin est absent en raison d'une blessure au haut du corps/Emelin is out for tonight's game. Upper-body injury.
http://twitter.com/#!/CanadiensMTL/s...74419992014848

Let's hope it's nothing serious unlike a concussion as example.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
poetryinmotion

We're not hearing a peep about Moen or Diaz, jeez, did the disappear off the face of the earth?

Old
03-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
We're not hearing a peep about Moen or Diaz, jeez, did the disappear off the face of the earth?
You have to remember that the KGB is running this team. They've just been "taken care of".

Closed Thread