HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils61 View Post
Devils Fan here: i figure this would go on the negativity thread, but does it bother you to hear about Suter going to X team as much as it bothers us to hear Parise going to X team??
At first it bothered me for sure but now I'd be in denial if I didn't acknowledge there is a good chance Suter is elsewhere next season. I'm not as in tuned to Parise's situation but Devils fans should probably accept the fact there is a decent chance Zach will be somewhere else next season too.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
The only negative thing I can add is that this whole thread sucks. We as Preds fans can't complain too much when compared to some other teams.
Amen...

Be glad you have a team, be double glad it is successful.

Old
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
I like salt, but it is bad for me.

that sucks.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I'll be honest...I'm already divorcing myself from Suter and to lesser extent Weber. At this point, as long as they don't pull a Hamhuis and pine for the fjords (or British Columbia or Detroit or wherever) instead of playing their best hockey for US, well, poo, but it's a business. It does sort of annoy me though, because it really messes with Poile's strategy of growing from the draft if the best players leave after they grow simply because Nashville isn't in a (insert large /Canadian/original 6) market. That really sucks, quite frankly.

Old
03-08-2012, 06:01 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
well their recent string of lack luster play certainly helps ease the seperation anxiety for me

Old
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
devils61

i appreciate the replies, on our end its rather irritating considering he is our captain and the comments are made more regularly about how easily he is willing to leave the situation he has in NJ for what is being argued as "greener pastures" being on the roster of team X. especially considering his recent play which is great especially playing alongside Kovy and Henrique

Old
03-10-2012, 12:11 AM
hockey diva

Still have issues to clean up. Poor passing, Legwand with some really terrible turnovers, still having trouble breaking out of our zone, passing up clear shots, too many cutesy moves, and just sloppy play for long sections of time.

Old
03-10-2012, 01:54 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Still have issues to clean up. Poor passing, Legwand with some really terrible turnovers, still having trouble breaking out of our zone, passing up clear shots, too many cutesy moves, and just sloppy play for long sections of time.
Legwand has gone into his mid-season slumber again. Maybe he'll play with some intensity in the playoffs. For the time being, he doesn't belong on a scoring line on a contending team and he doesn't make his wingers any better. Which is more the norm than the exception.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-10-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old
03-10-2012, 12:00 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Legwand has been on a 51 pt pace since the beginning of 2012 (15g/36a). He has 17 points in the last 27 games. He had 16 points in his previous 27 games. Mid-season slump?

Old
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

legwand needs to step up.. way too invisible at times.. weak on the puck and gets a secondary assist for the stats

Last edited by NoNecksCurse: 03-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Broom of the System

In the last 11 games, Legwand has 2 goals, 5 primary assists and 1 secondary assist... Too boring to go through the entire season, but i'm willing to bet he has a good deal more primary assists than secondary over the entire year.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Legwand averages .80 primary assists per 60mins of 5on5 ice time .... .13 secondary assists. 6:1 ratio

Old
03-10-2012, 02:50 PM
NoNecksCurse

notice my smiley guys... still think legwand needs to step his game up. im more worried about weber and suter playing up to their level night in and night out

Old
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
hockey diva

He still made a number of terrible turnovers Thursday. Including one in our D zone that almost cost a goal. He was lollygagging with the puck instead of moving it out and got his pocket picked. I don't care what his assist ratio is, he's whiffed on multiple shots. He has been terrible defensively which is supposed to be his strong point.

Old
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

The Negativity Thread: The New Legwand Thread

Legwand certainly has his weaknesses, and he does have his bad games. Just pointing out that he isn't slumping. He's on the same pace he has been on all season.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The Negativity Thread: The New Legwand Thread

Legwand certainly has his weaknesses, and he does have his bad games. Just pointing out that he isn't slumping. He's on the same pace he has been on all season.
He started the year with something like 15p in 15 games and it was Legwand mania around here. "He finally got good line mates and look what happens". la la.

If he's getting 20 minutes a night and signifiant PP time, he better be putting up at least 40 points.

When I refer to his "slumber" I'm not referring to his mediocre point totals. I'm referring to his overal game. He started the year off with some life in his game, now he's back to being the Legwand we know most of... going through the motions, staying on the perimeter, turnover machine, and overall generic offensive game.

I think one reason Erat has kicked it up a notch this year is because he has been with Fisher most of the year. Not that Fisher is anything special offensively, but his effort his consistent, he has some ability to keep the play alive in the offensive zone, wins battles, decent shot, etc. Legwand rarely makes his line-mates better offensively. He's just generic. Sure, he will have mediocre point totals getting 20 min a night and a lot of PP time, but so will Patrick Kjellberg.

Let's just hope he brings more intensity to the playoffs again.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:19 AM
cleangene

Notice Mr. Legwand tonight??

Old
03-11-2012, 12:36 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Notice Mr. Legwand tonight??
he played a much better game.. and defensively (more important imo).. 2 of his 3 points were assists I could have obtained by being the secondary of some great kostitsyn's goals.. suter and weber also on the ice for another even strength goal against..

Old
03-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Please continue the Legwand bashing. Thanks

Old
03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Please continue the Legwand bashing. Thanks
Legwand ONLY had 3 assists tonight. pathetic

Old
03-11-2012, 01:58 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
he played a much better game.. and defensively (more important imo).. 2 of his 3 points were assists I could have obtained by being the secondary of some great kostitsyn's goals.. suter and weber also on the ice for another even strength goal against..
not to be negative about your negativity, but when you play the minutes they play, its gonna happen...

Old
03-11-2012, 03:08 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
He started the year with something like 15p in 15 games and it was Legwand mania around here. "He finally got good line mates and look what happens". la la.

If he's getting 20 minutes a night and signifiant PP time, he better be putting up at least 40 points.

When I refer to his "slumber" I'm not referring to his mediocre point totals. I'm referring to his overal game. He started the year off with some life in his game, now he's back to being the Legwand we know most of... going through the motions, staying on the perimeter, turnover machine, and overall generic offensive game.

I think one reason Erat has kicked it up a notch this year is because he has been with Fisher most of the year. Not that Fisher is anything special offensively, but his effort his consistent, he has some ability to keep the play alive in the offensive zone, wins battles, decent shot, etc. Legwand rarely makes his line-mates better offensively. He's just generic. Sure, he will have mediocre point totals getting 20 min a night and a lot of PP time, but so will Patrick Kjellberg.

Let's just hope he brings more intensity to the playoffs again.
I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it

Old
03-11-2012, 04:22 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
The Hornqvist goal was a pretty good play by Legwand. The other two, it's all SK and AK. People can prop up Leggy to be a scoring machine on those, but 99 out of 100 NHL players get secondary assits on those goals.

He could have had 8 assits tonight. Won't change my perception that's he's very average in the offensive zone. We have a sample size of hundreds of games.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-11-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old
03-11-2012, 04:28 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it
I don't except you to.

Poile (who never calls out anyone) and Peterson have called Legwand out publicity for his inconsistent effort. So it's not just the crazy people who want more out of Legwand.

Legwand is a decent NHLer. But I don't think he belongs on a scoring line on a contending team. You can buy it or not.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Anyone else feel slightly less pumped than usual the day after beating the wings?? It was great while it was happening, but today I think we weree mostly just lucky. I hope klein is back soon and cube has a seat...

Closed Thread