HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2012, 06:18 PM
niftymove

vCash: 500
Quote:
M Brunet from Lapresse seems to agree with Grant, do you trust board members more than Brunet also?

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...nko-deception/
I dunno, I trust Mathias Brunet big time, i know, he is not a pro-scout, but all this noise around Grig is starting to make me nervous.

I would stay far from Grig, unless he has a super good end of season, which is not the case so far....

Old
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Similar red flags in terms of compete level and holes in games. Agreed that Espo isn't as good as Grigorenko but we weren't picking Top 3 when everyone wanted Esposito. I'm just pointing out that Grigorenko is losing steam on draft lists much like Espo was at the same time of year and for many of the same reasons yet everyone here thinks they know better than the scouts and want us to take Grigorenko regardless. The good thing is it sounds like Timmins isn't interested in Grigorenko but of course the masses on this board know more than Timmins and have seen the top prospects play more than Timmins has.
Except the red flags weren't the same?

His draft year put his offensive potential into perspective. His desire to play hockey was long questionned before that.

Grigs has humongous offensive potential and came over to play hockey. It's been his life for quite a few years.

Apples and oranges, but you hang on to the words of a few people. I'm sure you'll feel vindicated when he drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
I dunno, I trust Mathias Brunet big time, i know, he is not a pro-scout, but all this noise around Grig is starting to make me nervous.

I would stay far from Grig, unless he has a super good end of season, which is not the case so far....
8 goals and 14 points in last 8 games, 10 goals and 18 points in last 11. Don't let facts smack you in the face though.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Holy ****.

Marc Antoine Godin ‏
NHL execs from three different teams told me #CBJ are expected to trade their 1st round pick (likely 1st overall) at upcoming draft #yakupov
I saw that tweet too and thought WTF? I guess Columbus figures they got burned twice by Russian players and don't want to go down that road a 3rd time. Considering how many posts I've read from BJ fans about drafting the kid this news has to burn.

Interesting tho. I have a feeling this could be a wild unpredictable draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
The good thing is it sounds like Timmins isn't interested in Grigorenko but of course the masses on this board know more than Timmins and have seen the top prospects play more than Timmins has.
I've seen many people write this about Timmins & Grigorenko, but how do people know this? I don't think Grigorenko & Esposito are comparable. Nobody considered Espo a top 5 pick his draft year. He fell pretty hard his year, while Grigo is still a sure top 5 pick. I didn't want the Habs to draft Espo that year. I was hoping for Brandon Sutter, who went one spot ahead. I still can't believe we drafted Patches 22nd overall.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Nobody considered Espo a top 5 pick his draft year.
Except for when he was #1 in rankings still midway through the season.

Closed Thread