HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...it's not over folks

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
It. Is. Over.
why you so negative.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

haha, it feels like there's a lot of bill paxtons here

*how do you embed youtube videos?

Old
03-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
that reminds me of a wonderfull situation i think 5 years ago,
when the bets were win 13 out of 20 and we are in.

Of course we lost 19 of 20 remaining games

Old
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post

Now we almost have to win the next two games to have any chance of the playoffs, and while I will still root for our Kings, realistically they won't make it, barring a complete collapse by two of the teams ahead of them, namely San Jose and Phoenix, and that won't happen...

I think Sharks and Coyotes fans will disagree with you right now!

the sharks are on a unbelievable skid right now, and the coyotes after going undefeated in regulation for the whole month of february have lost 5 straight games.

Listen when your 1 point out of the playoff spot. Your not out of it. That's just a fact. You can twist it and turn it every which way but the fact is your not out of it.

The last two losses were inexcusable. You HAVE to win those games!

But they didn't. So you HAVE to put it behind you and you have to move on, and frankly that's what fans need to do as well.

Otherwise you'll go crazy!

Old
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

It simply isn't over.

We still have another 4 losses until the stats say that we are out and there is still allot of hockey to play before it is all over and again, there is always a chance until there simply isn't one.

Old
03-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
It. Is. Over.
Sweet, can we we re-open my thread now?

Old
03-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
haha, it feels like there's a lot of bill paxtons here

*how do you embed youtube videos?
take whatever is after the v= in this case "dsx2vdn7gpY" and put the youtube tags around that. I will not do it for your vid, since it's NSFW and that's against the rules Here's a better one for this thread

I get what your saying though...negative nancy's

Old
03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Why would the "its over" crowd even bother watching the team the rest of the season? I am not saying they should or shouldn't, I am just curious as to why you would bother.

Wait until we are mathematically eliminated and then come in and point your fingers at the rest of us and tell us how you told us so.

In the mean time you aren't right and it it seems like you truly aren't enjoying yourselves for the most part so why would you bother watching? If it is just to tell those of us who will fight for the team and keep up hope to the very end that we are naive or ridiculous then let me save you some time.

You are right in my case and I am willing to bet that the rest of the we still might make it crowd doesn't care how right you feel at this point either. I have been a fan since one year before psp started, I was a kid but we went to the games and even though it was the early 70's I loved the game and the Kings as well.

I can see what is happening and where we are struggling and I still think that we have the players who, if they can turn the corner entirely soon enough that we could be a truly scary team to face in the playoffs.

It doesn't look good just yet and no doubt the offseason is going to see us become an even more changed team/system/mgmt or likely so but that isn't for another few weeks or longer.

So why bother now?

We could just as easily win our next 6 games in a row as F up and gift wrap a win to our opponent(s) like we did last night so again, you are right, it doesn't look great for us but you keep coming around ringing your bell and telling us that the world is going to end.

We know it probably will but there as of today still a little hope and in the end, I will enjoy watching my team battle until the last second of the last game anyways.

Old
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Why would the "its over" crowd even bother watching the team the rest of the season? I am not saying they should or shouldn't, I am just curious as to why you would bother.

Wait until we are mathematically eliminated and then come in and point your fingers at the rest of us and tell us how you told us so.

In the mean time you aren't right and it it seems like you truly aren't enjoying yourselves for the most part so why would you bother watching? If it is just to tell those of us who will fight for the team and keep up hope to the very end that we are naive or ridiculous then let me save you some time.

You are right in my case and I am willing to bet that the rest of the we still might make it crowd doesn't care how right you feel at this point either. I have been a fan since one year before psp started, I was a kid but we went to the games and even though it was the early 70's I loved the game and the Kings as well.

I can see what is happening and where we are struggling and I still think that we have the players who, if they can turn the corner entirely soon enough that we could be a truly scary team to face in the playoffs.

It doesn't look good just yet and no doubt the offseason is going to see us become an even more changed team/system/mgmt or likely so but that isn't for another few weeks or longer.

So why bother now?

We could just as easily win our next 6 games in a row as F up and gift wrap a win to our opponent(s) like we did last night so again, you are right, it doesn't look great for us but you keep coming around ringing your bell and telling us that the world is going to end.

We know it probably will but there as of today still a little hope and in the end, I will enjoy watching my team battle until the last second of the last game anyways.
Give this man a ******* medal. Excellent post . This team is right in the thick of things. Sure it might not work out, but personally I know I do not derive pleasure from attacking my team, then if it happens to be true, saying "I told you so". Would rather cheer for the team, hope it works out. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. **** happens. But if it does, I feel good that I supported them the whole way.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

It's far from over. The team just isnt making it easier to maintain a playoff position.One win and boom, back to 8th.

Old
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
It's far from over. The team just isnt making it easier to maintain a playoff position.One win and boom, back to 8th.
You've been a Kings fan for how long?

Old
03-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:

So why bother now?

Maybe the 'it's over' crowd loves this team just as much as you do...they are just fed up with the same ole story, year in and year out. Just maybe they are SICK of the mediocrity and are using this sunshine and cupcakes Kings forum to voice their frustrations.

Just like you, they probably want nothing more but to see this team succeed and for once, give us a championship season or at least one that resembles it....they love this sport and this team like a son or daughter...that's why no matter how much they disappoint, these people will still be there rooting for them.

Why is that so hard to understand for some of you? You think just because certain people call this team out for having a piss-poor season, that makes them bad people who don't support the team? I don't get it.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Maybe the 'it's over' crowd loves this team just as much as you do...they are just fed up with the same ole story, year in and year out. Just maybe they are SICK of the mediocrity and are using this sunshine and cupcakes Kings forum to voice their frustrations.

Just like you, they probably want nothing more but to see this team succeed and for once, give us a championship season or at least one that resembles it....they love this sport and this team like a son or daughter...that's why no matter how much they disappoint, these people will still be there rooting for them.

Why is that so hard to understand for some of you? You think just because certain people call this team out for having a piss-poor season, that makes them bad people who don't support the team? I don't get it.
If Duff McKagen saw you talking like this he'd head out of town on the nightrain.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
If Duff McKagen saw you talking like this he'd head out of town on the nightrain.
That's hilarious, got any more?

Old
03-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Well said.

But it won't stop the same usual people coming on here and calling us fake fans or debbie downers or pessimists or whatever hell else they say.

We will all cheer and hope for the best, but this is a poorly built hockey squad and deserves to be exactly where they are in the standings.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Well said.

But it won't stop the same usual people coming on here and calling us fake fans or debbie downers or pessimists or whatever hell else they say.

We will all cheer and hope for the best, but this is a poorly built hockey squad and deserves to be exactly where they are in the standings.
Well...I wouldn't go that far. Are you saying Dallas, Phoenix, and Colorado are built better than the Kings? You're saying those teams have better rosters than the Kings?

Old
03-10-2012, 07:38 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

PLEASE go and show me where I challenge ANYBODY'S love for the team. Please go and do that.

I have NEVER done that. I was merely asking why bother if it doesn't work for you? Why continue to come around and tell the rest of us how we are wrong for believing that we want to wait until its over before we say it is over?

Why is it so hard to understand that there isn't really a right or wrong involved here? Why is it so hard to accept that you can love the team and know that things look very bad without giving into the idea that there simply isn't any hope?

Why is it so important to have to make certain that everyone who still just wants to cheer for the team understands just how dire a situation we are in? I know where we stand and even more so than I care to and some might but that has never changed for one second the way that I cheer for the team until it is over.

It doesn't make me any better or worse of a fan, it just makes me more hopeful or it seems to anyway.

I simply don't understand why it is so important to force everyone into the idea that we are destined to fail when not a single one of us (as far as I know) can have any certainty in how things are going to work out for us just yet.

IF we are eliminated from the playoffs then at that time we can all have a good old cry about it and then start addressing the changes that we hope to see for next season.

As long suffering Kings fans which we all are regardless of how long we all know how this goes and will remain until we win the cup.

Run with the team and support it until the moment that we have no hope of winning the cup and then pressure mgmt to make the right decisions to better our chances for next year.

It would be all too easy to sit and pick the team apart for allot of us around here but what I am suggesting is that we at least wait until we are factually eliminated from contention before we declare an ending to everything hopeful.

I am not saying that you or I or anyone else is any "better" of a fan because that is just a ridiculous notion to begin with. It is also unquantifiable. We are all here because we love the team and that is that. No more, no less.

Again, my point is that it is alright to cheer for the team and remain hopeful that we will make that turn into becoming a cup winner and also to believe that to be possible until it is no longer possible and even then, it is alright to cheer for the team until the last second of the last game.

It is also alright to go around whinging on about how terrible everyone from the billionaire who owns the team feels about it even though very very few of us around here have ever spoken to him about it and also to carry on about how awful each and every player and mgmt/coach is too.

There isn"t anything wrong with any of it. I am simply suggesting that it is perfectly fine to be hopeful and to cheer for the team. I don't see why it is a difficult thing to get and again, nowhere have I said that anyone is a better fan than anyone else.

Simply that I don"t understand why someone would go out of their way to do so and why they wouldn't just wait until the next season to start watching again or even waiting until the offseason to start discussing what they believe needs to be done to fix our problems.

I am not nor have I ever said what they should or shouldn't do, simply that I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Probably due to the fact that I am certain that the people who are whining are most definitely passionate fans who love the team as much as anyone else.

To me it is like a marriage to me, if you walk around saying that your marriage sucks and is doomed then you can count on being right. If you walk around saying that your marriage could be better and that it needs work but that there is still hope that things will work out right then you may be right.

One is hopeless and with the other there is at least hope and what the heck is so wrong with that?

Meh.

Last edited by etherialone: 03-10-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old
03-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Well...I wouldn't go that far. Are you saying Dallas, Phoenix, and Colorado are built better than the Kings? You're saying those teams have better rosters than the Kings?

The Kings roster on "paper" is clearly not as good as many of us thought at the beginning of the season.

Mike Richards has essentially matched Jarret Stoll's production from the past three seasons. Jarret Stoll and Dustin Penner may have looked decent on paper to some of you, but they have both been fringe NHL'ers this season. Doughty and Kopitar look so stale. Brown is what he is a 50-60 point player.

Let's be honest here, you can say the roster is better than those teams. I am saying that without Quick's heroics we are much closer to the Ducks or Wild.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
They are all in about the same boat. If they played in a series it would probably be pretty close.

The Kings roster on "paper" is clearly not as good as many of us thought at the beginning of the season.

Mike Richards has essentially matched Jarret Stoll's production from the past three seasons. Jarret Stoll and Dustin Penner may have looked decent on paper to some of you, but they have both been fringe NHL'ers this season. Doughty and Kopitar look so stale. Brown is what he is a 50-60 point player.

Let's be honest here, you can say the roster is better than those teams. I am saying that without Quick's heroics we are much closer to the Ducks or Wild.
I don't disagree. I just don't think it's fair to say the Kings are "where they should be" in the standings. I would say they're underperforming. Whatever the reason, that's up for debate.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Well said.

I have never one time suggested anything of the sort about you or anyone else and you know that to be a fact. We butt heads every now and then about our positions on the team but I have always believed that it was a respectful two way passionate debate.

I have never even suggested that you are any other kings fan is a "fake" one and would be peeved right off if someone else did too.

Last edited by etherialone: 03-10-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Really Herby?

I have never one time suggested anything of the sort about you or anyone else and you know that to be a fact. We butt heads every now and then about our positions on the team but I have always believed that it was a respectful two way passionate debate.

I have never even suggested that you are any other kings fan is a "fake" one and would be peeved right off if someone else did too.
I wasn't talking about you.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you.
Fair enough.

I actually hate the idea that any of us or anyone else challenge how much of a fan someone is because they disagree with them about something that is at best a debatable thing.

WHen I read what you wrote I was put off because I hold you in high regard even though we don't see eye to eye on everything, maybe even because of it.

I may not love all of the negativity that seems to insist on permeating ever inch of these boards but that doesn't mean that I think that it is entirely wrong nor does it mean that I think any less of anyone who sees things that way.

I may find it curious behavior but that doesn't make it any more or less valid in its center.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

TG,

People like rh and jay for example seem to have a hard time differentiating the dislike that myself and ibleed for example have for Dean Lombardi. They think because we hate Lombardi that we like to see the Kings lose, which as you know clearly isn't the case.

I've said this numerous times...

"I have been a Kings fan long before Dumbo took over and I will be a Kings fan long after he is gone"

Hating Lombardi, Sutter and Murray and the way they do their jobs does not mean we hate the Kings or want to see them lose.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

For someone who doesn't like to see the kings lose, sure seems to be awfully enthusiastic every time that they do lose.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
For someone who doesn't like to see the kings lose, sure seems to be awfully enthusiastic every time that they do lose.
See TG, this is what myself and others have to put up with.

Really. How have I been enthusiastic. Just a single example?

The closest thing I ever said was that if missing the playoffs was what it would take to get Dumbo fired than it would be better for the franchise long term to miss.

But whatever makes you happy. If you want to think I've been posting and talking about the Kings at HF for 10+ years all while secretly hoping they lose than you go right ahead and think that.

Closed Thread