HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Power Outage in Toronto. 0-0 after overtime. Flyers 1 in skills competition.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Superstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Here's some food for thought old guy. Considering the fact that Carlyle keeps playing Gus,that would mean that the management still has hope in this guy and want to see what he's got in him.
I'm inclined to think that these guys know more about the game and Gus himself than you.

You can stop answering. I'll put you on my ignore list to not bother anymore.
Management needs to find out quickly what kind of a goalie we have in Gus since he will be a UFA at season's end.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Management needs to find out quickly what kind of a goalie we have in Gus since he will be a UFA at season's end.
everyone gets that except him.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Nickolopolous

Healy ripping Kessel in overtime was embarrassing. Other than being a former NHL player, what does Glen Healy bring to the table besides bitter diatribes and unintelligible colour commentary. I'm not surprised Kessel reacted to Healy's comments the way he did. You would think Healy would know better than to **** on a player while he's down, but apparently not. The team is playing like garbage and Kessel hops on to the bench after missing on a breakaway, and all Healy has to say is "that's not the worst we've seen from Kessel tonight, unfortunately," knowing full well that Kessel, who is sitting two feet away, can hear every word. He's a passive-aggressive little troll and I can't stand him.

Nickolopolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
CBC is just not that good anymore.

I like TSN a whole lot better nowadays.
unfortunately i have to agree, and once cherry is gone cbc will have nothing going for it (as in, great ratings draws, regardless of whether you like him or not).

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolopolous View Post
Healy ripping Kessel in overtime was embarrassing. Other than being a former NHL player, what does Glen Healy bring to the table besides bitter diatribes and unintelligible colour commentary. I'm not surprised Kessel reacted to Healy's comments the way he did. You would think Healy would know better than to **** on a player while he's down, but apparently not. The team is playing like garbage and Kessel hops on to the bench after missing on a breakaway, and all Healy has to say is "that's not the worst we've seen from Kessel tonight, unfortunately," knowing full well that Kessel, who is sitting two feet away, can hear every word. He's a passive-aggressive little troll and I can't stand him.
then kessel pushed the camera out of his face.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

are people seriously still angry about losses?

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Simple answer: Yes.

Terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Donmega

Game was boring as hell, but I liked the flashes of Carter Ashton, looks like he might be a stud after 1 or 2 yrs on the marlies.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Dayjobdave

I think its pretty sad that the same posters who complained that they wanted 'winning' defensive hockey are complaining when the team plays a solid defensive game against one of the best teams in the league because it was 'boring' and 'boring sucks because we didn't win, but it would have been ok if we did'

ridiculous.

The team is showing that they can be coached. It is probably too late for this year, but bodes well for the future.

I think Carlyle is riding Gus because he had to pick a goalie. The 'win and you're in' jumpiness under Wilson had them both playing scared.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolopolous View Post
What a troll this Healy is. Kessel went all out on the breakaway in OT, so if Kessel stayed on while out of gas and Philly scores, that would be the perfect play? What a senile piece of crap this Healy is -- I have no idea how he got this gig, when did he became a hockey expert? His showing on the FAN590 is even more pompous because McCowen seems to agree with everything he says.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

I thought it was a solid performance by the team tonight. A few goal posts saved the Flyers in this one. This game could've easily been 1-0 Leafs win.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining game especially in the 3rd despite the HNIC crew repeating what a boring game it was.

It sucks losing in the shootout. such a stupid way to lose a game.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Question
Question
Question:

when in Feb did you feel was the turning point or the game in which you thought the Leafs' post season chances were sunk?

Sundin Night In Canada?
The shot going wide against the Devils?

It just seemed to set the tone for the rest of the year.

samwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:33 PM
rj24

You guys are ridiculous, the only reason we ever had a playoff spot or remained close to one was because of kessel

rj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:35 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj24 View Post
You guys are ridiculous, the only reason we ever had a playoff spot or remained close to one was because of kessel
Oh really? So what is happening right now as we continue to lose after, what, like 16 games?

EDIT - My bad, read the post wrong. You are pro Kessel? Me too lol, and yes I agree he has been amazing all year and if it weren't for him we'd be horrawful.

Last edited by samwitch: 03-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Oh really? So what is happening right now as we continue to lose after, what, like 16 games?
Without Kessel's great defensive Selke like play the leafs would have easily lost 3 to 0 tonight

number72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Boom King

We held the top offensive team in the league to under 30 shots and the only goal they scored was in a shoot-out. Bryz played a strong game for them tonight and save for a few posts, we could've had this one.

Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Eyedea
96 from the left

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Despite the fact that I hate losing, I am glad that they're in a strong draft position. < However that loser point made the position a lot worse.

Eyedea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
DPyro

Why is everyone complaining that they lost? I thought the whole idea was to tank. We all know the Leafs are out of the playoffs, so seeing that they can be a good defensive team bodes well for next year.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Sergei Berezin

Absolutely crazy that a win tomorrow night will pull the Leafs right back into it.

I mean... 4 points back of the Caps after tmo would change things dramatically. The only team I'm worried about is Buffalo, but we actualy have games left against them too, so... it's just a matter of taking care of our own business.

I thought we were gonna get killed in the past three games, to be honest. But hey... I don't think many people will disagree with me when I say that all three games could've went either way. With that said, all three games were losses, and yet we're still in it!

I'm not giving up just yet. **** a draft pick... it's been too long since I've watched a playoff game at the ACC.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
unfortunately i have to agree, and once cherry is gone cbc will have nothing going for it (as in, great ratings draws, regardless of whether you like him or not).
No one watches HNIC for Cherry. They watch because HNIC put the Leafs on TV on Saturdays.

PS
Leaf Nation has gone full retard.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gardiner
#Shredder

Lovin Carlyle so far...we're actually trapping and playin some D!!!

But yea...tank nation!!!

Gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Why is everyone complaining that they lost? I thought the whole idea was to tank. We all know the Leafs are out of the playoffs, so seeing that they can be a good defensive team bodes well for next year.
haha this is very true.

It's ironic that the tank people are the ones *****ing the loudest after each loss.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
Game was boring as hell, but I liked the flashes of Carter Ashton, looks like he might be a stud after 1 or 2 yrs on the marlies.
This also! He seemed solid! REALLY strong on the puck, can't wait until he can get his offensive game polished up!

I like how they are bringing him in. Not putting him into too big of a role offensively, but giving him enough ice time to get his feet wet and get used to the speed/size of the game. Once he gets more comfortable, I'm sure they will give him a look with some more skilled guys, maybe in Lupul's spot.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:51 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Absolutely crazy that a win tomorrow night will pull the Leafs right back into it.

I mean... 4 points back of the Caps after tmo would change things dramatically. The only team I'm worried about is Buffalo, but we actualy have games left against them too, so... it's just a matter of taking care of our own business.

I thought we were gonna get killed in the past three games, to be honest. But hey... I don't think many people will disagree with me when I say that all three games could've went either way. With that said, all three games were losses, and yet we're still in it!

I'm not giving up just yet. **** a draft pick... it's been too long since I've watched a playoff game at the ACC.
This is exactly what I think of whenever I try to convince myself to cheer against the Leafs... I cannot wait for the day to return.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Philkessel

The turning point in this season was the reimer shutouts if you arent a reimer lover you saw that they were both very unimpressive shutouts there was something like 6+ posts hit and the way reimer crotches in the net and plays on the goal line has nothing to do with him cutting down angles let wilson who did this non stop run with his favorite which got gus cold which we all know how he plays when he sits for 2 weeks

Philkessel is offline   Reply With Quote