HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IF the Habs land Grigorenko, would you want Roy as the new head coach?

View Poll Results: IF the Habs land Grigorenko, would you wan Roy as the new head coach?
Yes 84 62.22%
No 51 37.78%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
PricePkPatch*

vCash: 500
I just learned that Radulov will be RFA at the end of the year anyway. How in hell could we land him? Nashville would ask for so freaking much!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That's worse than his becoming coach or GM. I find Roy to be unacceptable all around.

I don't want Roy to become the new coach of the Habs no matter who is selected in the draft. I don't like volatile coaches. I prefer them to be in the Scotty Bowman or Jacques Lemaire mold. As for GM, I prefer them to be cold and calculating, like Sam Pollock.
Have you ever seen Bowman when he coached the Habs? He was pretty volatile.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
The thought of Roy coaching the Habs gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach but the thought of Roy as GM of the Habs would be a complete disaster. I fear firesales everytime we go on a losing streak.
He's one of the best GM in the Q, possible the most cerebral. And all his "eruptions" as coach are pretty well calculated. I think your lack of knowledge in this matter is outstanding.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:42 AM
axman88

Habs won't land Grigorenko because they are going 15-0 in their last 15 games to squeeze into the playoffs!

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:57 AM
baldrick

One has nothing to do with the other, two entirely separate situations.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:00 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
Good thing I hear the Habs aren't high on Grigorenko either.
Source?

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:11 AM
LeMAD

We already have a bunch of 2nd line centers, we don't need Grigorenko. We need dmen, and whether we draft 2nd or 8th, there will be a few good ones available.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
The thought of Roy coaching the Habs gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach but the thought of Roy as GM of the Habs would be a complete disaster. I fear firesales everytime we go on a losing streak.
Roy is still a proud guy. He'd build the team as he wants it, and making firesales after another would be a proof that he's continuously wrong. Won't happen.

To also think that Roy won't adapt in the NHL is to think that he's a pure idiot. Hey, we never know, we might learn he is. But I don't think it's the case. For every move you say he's hard on his boys, you also have examples in him taking Cédric Desjardins during a game in the Mem Cup that it completely changed Desjardins' mindset and made him play great for the rest of the tournament. And while there is some throwing under the bus, I also feel that there's a lot of one-man show on himself solely to divert the attention from its players as well.

Honestly, whether we like it or not, there's not enough a surefire guaranteed candidate so that it would not make Roy one of them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
We already have a bunch of 2nd line centers, we don't need Grigorenko. We need dmen, and whether we draft 2nd or 8th, there will be a few good ones available.
Where are those centermen? Eller? Maybe. Who else? Pleks? Surely. But then who in the pool? Nobody. Though, I wouldn't be surprised that Timmins won't mind dropping in the standings. As far as his type of players, I see them being more d-men this year than forwards.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:18 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Can we lock this thread now?

It's a jinx thread.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:26 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

From reading this thread and others like it, it's clear that there will be no consensus on the next Habs coach. Whoever is chosen, there will be a percentage of very unhappy fans. Let's just hope whoever is chosen turns the Habs into a winning team despite all the preconceived notions some fans have already developed about the coach.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:29 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the Habs depth in D coming up? We should be set for awhile.

What we need are big forwards who can score.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

No. I want a quietly competent coach that coaches the Habs, and not a three ring media circus, as it would be every frigging night with Roy.

Hell, no....

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
I want Roy as coach, no matter who we draft.
Same here.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Drydenwasthebest

I don't ever want Roy near the Habs again.

1--He has no integrity as a coach. This is the man who sends his own son to attack and beat the heck out of an opposing goalie who had no interest in fighting.

2--He is the worst traitor in the history of the Habs. Yes, Tremblay was wrong for leaving him in to prove a point. That does not excuse Roy for letting his ego get the better of him and making it impossible for the Habs to do anything with him of value. He was paid millions to stop the damned puck. He was having a bad game. So what? Stay in nets, be professional, and earn your damned money. Tremblay was an idiot, Roy was an egotistical traitor. If Roy had been English we wouldn't be talking about him ever returning to the city for a visit, never mind as head coach.

3--His EGO is bigger than anything we can handle. He will allow his ego to interfere with decisions that may damage the team.

I do not care who we draft, I would rather lose for the next 5 years without Roy, than win with him. He makes me sick as an individual, in regards to his behaviour in the world of sports.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He's one of the best GM in the Q, possible the most cerebral. And all his "eruptions" as coach are pretty well calculated. I think your lack of knowledge in this matter is outstanding.
When he stormed off our team was that a calculated move too?

Maybe Roy would be the best thing to ever happen to this team. He's definitely competitive and wants to win. But man, he comes with risk. I hate the idea of him anywhere near Price.

I said it before and it still holds true for me. If we hire him I will hope for the best... but I will expect the worst.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i dont care if we draft roy's mom, i don't want him coaching the habs period.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I don't ever want Roy near the Habs again.

1--He has no integrity as a coach. This is the man who sends his own son to attack and beat the heck out of an opposing goalie who had no interest in fighting.

2--He is the worst traitor in the history of the Habs. Yes, Tremblay was wrong for leaving him in to prove a point. That does not excuse Roy for letting his ego get the better of him and making it impossible for the Habs to do anything with him of value. He was paid millions to stop the damned puck. He was having a bad game. So what? Stay in nets, be professional, and earn your damned money. Tremblay was an idiot, Roy was an egotistical traitor. If Roy had been English we wouldn't be talking about him ever returning to the city for a visit, never mind as head coach.

3--His EGO is bigger than anything we can handle. He will allow his ego to interfere with decisions that may damage the team.

I do not care who we draft, I would rather lose for the next 5 years without Roy, than win with him. He makes me sick as an individual, in regards to his behaviour in the world of sports.
Ego, "... his behaviour in the world of sports..."; the guy hates to lose and this organisation (top brass) badly needs an inoculation of "attitude/passion/personality".

Plekanec, Desharnais, Cole, Gorges, Price, Subban, Pacioretty, White, Darche, Gionta, Markov, Eller, Leblanc... strike me as guys who would tolerate a lot if the team was winning.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
phillytennis

Roy...Winner Everywhere he Went!!!

We don't all have to like Patrick Roy as a person...but we should remember this...

1. His talent and passion permmitted the Habs to win in 86 & 93...without his
off the chart competitiveness...we don't win the 23rd and 24th Stanley Cup.

2. I believe he knows what it would take to be a successful NHL coach...been a
player in the league for over 15 years

3. I believe the CH is embedded in his mind
(1st team...2 cups...long tradition)

4. As matured as a person...better understands the business side of the operation.

5. His passion for winning will hopefully rub off on everyone in the organization.

6. He needs to be surrounded by the right people...calming & cerebral force

7. His time as a owner, general manger and coach of the Rempart has permitted
him to better understand how to groom and motivate and get the most out
his young talent.

8. If he accepts a position with the Habs...he would certainly know the PRESSURE
of playing and coaching in MTL & Habland

phillytennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
EmelinHipCheck

vCash: 300
People who want Roy as Coach and McGuire as GM are disconnected from reality, Roy would walk all over him.
I for one would like to see the following :
Kekälaïnen as GM, Brisebois as Assistant GM
Roy as Head Coach, Randy Ladouceur and Guy Carbonneau as Assistants

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:18 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the Habs depth in D coming up? We should be set for awhile.

What we need are big forwards who can score.
That's not depth. By definition, most prospects fail to reach their potential. Right now, our defense is horrid, and in two years, well, Markov will be two years older.

We can be pretty confident that Tinordi will be a legit top-4 dman in 3-4 years. But as for Beaulieu and Ellis, time will tell. There's a few decent players after that, but they can be considered as "suspects" more than prospects.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I just learned that Radulov will be RFA at the end of the year anyway. How in hell could we land him? Nashville would ask for so freaking much!
That's only the case if he plays for Nashville this season. Which is just a rumour at the moment and there have been enough of those before. Otherwise he still has a year on his ELC.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
DAChampion

Interesting story about Roy.

Every year, coaches would always start the year telling the team "this is what we need to do to win the Stanley Cup".

Mario Tremblay came in and said "This is what we need to do to make the playoffs".

The claim is, that is why Roy never respected Tremblay.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
JohnLennon

Oh man, to think ANYONE would answer yes to this question is just sad.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:58 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
That's only the case if he plays for Nashville this season. Which is just a rumour at the moment and there have been enough of those before. Otherwise he still has a year on his ELC.
So it's either he plays for Nashville at ELC, or he's a Nashville's RFA?

Why are we even discussing the possibility of him over then?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote