HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
I just hope SK and AK develop enough chemistry so Nashville will have no choice to re-sign AK this summer and then let them play together next season.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I just hope SK and AK develop enough chemistry so Nashville will have no choice to re-sign AK this summer and then let them play together next season.
They will resign him 100%.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
the

Why is our management so stupid,I hate it when it happens! Nashville is laughing at us,it's not even funny!

Last edited by the: 03-10-2012 at 10:41 PM.
the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
They will resign him 100%.
Yeah.. They'd be stupid not to. Having 2 bros in a team is a luxury.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Perhaps but we kept him much longer than we did others.
Yeah we kept him a little longer but did little to showcase him or get him going.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Why is our management so stupid,I hate it happens! Nashville is laughing at us,it's not even funny!
You call Gainey, Gauthier stupid. They are the best GMs in NHL.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Fuelled by Passion

If Radulov is back Nashville won't be able to sign Andrei. With the pace he has with his new team he will hit 20 goals this year and then PG will make a genius move and sign him back for 4-4.5 mil a year and habs coach will put him with Gomez and Darche so city of Montreal will be able to hate him again

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
If Radulov is back Nashville won't be able to sign Andrei. With the pace he has with his new team he will hit 20 goals this year and then PG will make a genius move and sign him back for 4-4.5 mil a year and habs coach will put him with Gomez and Darche so city of Montreal will be able to hate him again
he ain't coming back, he loves it in Nashville already and his bro is there too. he will sign for less as well.
he will come back playing for nashville though and the tards in montreal will boo him.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM
HCH

Quote:
My boy Andrei is awesome, with his bro they are just AMAZING!!!! WOW

haters can suck it...
I hope he scores another ten this year and thirty or so next year.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Why is our management so stupid,I hate it when it happens! Nashville is laughing at us,it's not even funny!
Its not uncommon for AK to go on a streak before completely disappearing. Lets see if he can keep it for more than a few games.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:48 PM
the

Quote:
You call Gainey, Gauthier stupid. They are the best GMs in NHL.
Truth be told...a lot of our fans are just as dumb! Everybody spits on his face and the guy starts playing like a monster.Next year everybody are going to act like hypocrites and pretend that he was always liked.

How come we never learn from our mistakes? At the very least,why can't we rob some teams like we get robbed each and every time?

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Truth be told...a lot of our fans are just as dumb! Everybody spits on his face and the guy starts playing like a monster.Next year everybody are going to act like hypocrites and pretend that he was always liked.

How come we never learn from our mistakes? At the very least,why can't we rob some teams like we get robbed each and every time?
very well said my friend.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:50 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

stupefying nashville got two top-six forwards in their primes, and brothers mind you, for a single late 2nd round pick. and some habs fans have excuses to argue that this is alright.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:52 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Its not uncommon for AK to go on a streak before completely disappearing. Lets see if he can keep it for more than a few games.
Thing is, he's not trying any harder than he was in Montreal. He's playing with good players (2nd line) and getting PP time like he should be.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Avim86

The thing that bothers me the most is that we now have holes in our top 9 now and we traded away SK and AK for almost nothing in the end a 2nd round pick for both...
SK has strong vision and good playmaking skills while AK has a wicked shot and the ability to deke through traffic and the goalie doesn't even see the puck.
The problem in Montreal is we have no patience with struggling/misbehaving youth it's a pride issue , at some point you have to sit down use your resources and turn these boys into men. Ribeiro was traded and went out to flourish in Dallas , Ryder is playing
great as well , Higgins is being used well in Van , 2 x Kostitsyn will work great for Nashville. The weird thing is you can tell that Kostitsyn likes to play with the same line mates and we just love to juggle things around , I can't be the only one to notice this.

Enjoy our mismanagement of assets (to Nashville) , I know I won't.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Should he not be streaky he would be 75-80 points guy = 7-7.5 mil. He is almost 0.6 points a game player the way he is and truth to be said he worth 3.5-4 mil a year. I don't really understand this statement. Did some people expect him to be a 80 points guy and get paid 3.25 mil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
Thing is, he's not trying any harder than he was in Montreal. He's playing with good players (2nd line) and getting PP time like he should be.
He definitely isn't. But some good adjustment were done by the coach who has him for only 2 weeks.
For example he enters the zone LAST of all forwards, unless he carries the puck. When his team is losing the puck he goes back and stays closest to the 2 D-man, Legwand and Honquist are actually applying the pressure on opponent puck carrier. Was it really so hard to do for Habs coaches?

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:59 AM
BobbyFischer*

Andrei, LIKE A BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

in your face you vegetarian jack ass!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:00 AM
bhuya71

wow some love to them belarussian boys!!! I seriously love Andrei and I truly believe he can be a consistent 30-30 threat when used properly and allowed to play to his strengths with capable linemates! Sergei is quite impressive as well... we even could've kept grabovski... we as fans should preach patience among ourselves and our media... for management cannot be the sole bearer of blame when such pressure is applied by an entire city :\

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:24 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
The thing that bothers me the most is that we now have holes in our top 9 now and we traded away SK and AK for almost nothing in the end a 2nd round pick for both...
SK has strong vision and good playmaking skills while AK has a wicked shot and the ability to deke through traffic and the goalie doesn't even see the puck.
The problem in Montreal is we have no patience with struggling/misbehaving youth it's a pride issue , at some point you have to sit down use your resources and turn these boys into men. Ribeiro was traded and went out to flourish in Dallas , Ryder is playing
great as well , Higgins is being used well in Van , 2 x Kostitsyn will work great for Nashville. The weird thing is you can tell that Kostitsyn likes to play with the same line mates and we just love to juggle things around , I can't be the only one to notice this.

Enjoy our mismanagement of assets (to Nashville) , I know I won't.
From 3500 miles away, something smells rotten in the Habs upper management. THIS should be the new GMs main priority, not who is on the 4th line. Player development has to improve, this team is going nowhere if it doesn't.

I am glad for AK though, just wish he'd scored all those goals in a habs jersey.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:24 AM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
stupefying nashville got two top-six forwards in their primes, and brothers mind you, for a single late 2nd round pick. and some habs fans have excuses to argue that this is alright.
Because that's not how it happened at all.

JM ran SKost out of town. AKost ran himself out of town.... two years later

Think of it like you're the Habs brass for a moment. There's this player you took a risk on over a bunch of other amazing prospects, who constantly, year in year out gets on bad terms with his coaches and doesn't show any significant effort to learn English (or French) or in drills.

He doesn't show much in practice or on the ice with whatever time you do give him and whenever he does have a great game and you reward him you notice that a short while later he almost literally disappears all over the ice. You can't coddle him to full confidence though because the team needs to win every game and that effective ice-team can go to better, or more able players.

They weren't going to re-sign him and he was a UFA, so they got something out of it.

I'd make the trade yesterday, today and tomorrow. He's going to disappear again and all you guys are going to disappear with him. Just like when Halak is on fire all the fanboys creep out of the woodwork.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:48 AM
Stradale

Not sure AK ran himself out of Montreal or RC did.. and make sure to drop AK value at his lowest. No matter what, even if AK said he wants to stay in Montreal multiple time, now I bet he's one happy guy.

Instead of playing in a bottom rank team in his contract year, he will get a brand new start, with a good coach that will make sure to bring the best of AK, playing with his brother, in a playoffs team. There's a lot more chance that he will get a multi-year contract at ~4M$ after playing with the Preds than Habs. Career wise, the trade will be good for AK.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

K. I'm ****ing mad watching SK to AK highlights. **** off Montreal. Just... just **** you. What a waste..

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:40 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because that's not how it happened at all.

JM ran SKost out of town. AKost ran himself out of town.... two years later

Think of it like you're the Habs brass for a moment. There's this player you took a risk on over a bunch of other amazing prospects, who constantly, year in year out gets on bad terms with his coaches and doesn't show any significant effort to learn English (or French) or in drills.

He doesn't show much in practice or on the ice with whatever time you do give him and whenever he does have a great game and you reward him you notice that a short while later he almost literally disappears all over the ice. You can't coddle him to full confidence though because the team needs to win every game and that effective ice-team can go to better, or more able players.

They weren't going to re-sign him and he was a UFA, so they got something out of it.

I'd make the trade yesterday, today and tomorrow. He's going to disappear again and all you guys are going to disappear with him. Just like when Halak is on fire all the fanboys creep out of the woodwork.
Funny how quickly people forget the raging that went on when Akost would vanish for weeks and no one cared he was on the third line. But now he gets a wake up call on a offensivly dead team and puts some points together and he was our superstar and we were dumb to move him. Or how about how important Markov was to this team, then he gets injured and Gauthier signs him and people rail against Gauthier and call him an idiot and how it was a bad move. Then Markov comes back, plays good and he is a godsend and the next coming of christ!

You could almost swear the people who post on these forums had the brains of goldfish but I think even a goldfish would be like "WTF?"

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Funny how quickly people forget the raging that went on when Akost would vanish for weeks and no one cared he was on the third line. But now he gets a wake up call on a offensivly dead team and puts some points together and he was our superstar and we were dumb to move him.
Funny that he's now getting quality powerplay time (and scoring important goals) on the second best PP in the league while he was the 8th most used forward on one of the worst PP in the league.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:39 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Funny how quickly people forget the raging that went on when Akost would vanish for weeks and no one cared he was on the third line. But now he gets a wake up call on a offensivly dead team and puts some points together and he was our superstar and we were dumb to move him. Or how about how important Markov was to this team, then he gets injured and Gauthier signs him and people rail against Gauthier and call him an idiot and how it was a bad move. Then Markov comes back, plays good and he is a godsend and the next coming of christ!

You could almost swear the people who post on these forums had the brains of goldfish but I think even a goldfish would be like "WTF?"
Offensively dead team eh? Well, I forgive you for you know not what you say. Fact is Andrei is being used in a top 6 role here where he should've been playing all along in Montreal. He's happy too. His comments after the game last night make me have no doubt he's a happier man now.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote