HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-11-2012, 06:59 AM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
K. I'm ****ing mad watching SK to AK highlights. **** off Montreal. Just... just **** you. What a waste..
They look absolutely terrific together...

If only the habs had... oh wait...

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:02 AM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because that's not how it happened at all.

JM ran SKost out of town. AKost ran himself out of town.... two years later

Think of it like you're the Habs brass for a moment. There's this player you took a risk on over a bunch of other amazing prospects, who constantly, year in year out gets on bad terms with his coaches and doesn't show any significant effort to learn English (or French) or in drills.

He doesn't show much in practice or on the ice with whatever time you do give him and whenever he does have a great game and you reward him you notice that a short while later he almost literally disappears all over the ice. You can't coddle him to full confidence though because the team needs to win every game and that effective ice-team can go to better, or more able players.

They weren't going to re-sign him and he was a UFA, so they got something out of it.

I'd make the trade yesterday, today and tomorrow. He's going to disappear again and all you guys are going to disappear with him. Just like when Halak is on fire all the fanboys creep out of the woodwork.
He's going to become a 30 goal scorer in the league, so I suggest you try to come up with excuses as to why it will happen right now

You probably said the same thing about SK back then, yet he was their leading scorer last year, and likely would have been this year too had he not played injured for a stretch of 10 games or so.

Had we drafted a good playmaking center, who can cycle the puck in the last 10 years, the AK46 pick wouldn't look bad. To have one of the heaviest shots in the league and not have anybody give it to you must be frustrating. I'm glad he's free from the BS that is Montreal, and I'll be glad when we get a real coach who knows how to get the most out of our talent.

Last edited by muzion: 03-11-2012 at 07:14 AM.
muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Its not uncommon for AK to go on a streak before completely disappearing. Lets see if he can keep it for more than a few games.
Adding AK gives Nashville a realistic shot at winning the Stanley Cup. Let's see how long it takes for the AK detractors to realize how ignorant they really are and have been for years.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Mind boggling to see Gauthier and Gainey still have a job. We had those bros here. We saw the chemistry they could have had at some point. SKost was once seen as a potential 70-point guy. AKost was once playing on one of the best line in this whole NHL. One day, a thread was made and for some strange reasons, the question was "Would you deal both bros for anybody else we could have chosen in 2003 like Getzlaf, and it was a resounding NO. When you see the talent. When you see a potential, it's YOUR job as an organization to develop them so that they also develop the consistency and they reach that ceiling. As a organization, we've abandon those players who are now doing great elsewhere. In some places, players, coaches and even owners make sure their their young players stay with them or vets at their houses and such. In Montreal, where it's really easy to lose yourself, players are told to "be careful" yet, we hear that the organization is not there to babysit them. So it's Okay for other teams to do it in maybe "softer" cities but not here? And on top of everybody who does, we sure are damn "lucky" that Latendresse is hurt 'cause he'd be another one. And then, after all those mistakes that both Gauthier and Gainey were seeing and doing first hand, they trade those kinds of players for other players they just have NO idea how to make them work like Pouliot and Bourque. Mind you, in that instance, it is not about developing them, it's just about making bad trades. Pouliot is gone, and Bourque will be our new scapegoat for years to come.

There only one guy in this organization who benefit from this and it's Timmins. If finally AKost explodes and becomes the player he thought he would be....I just don't understand how people don't hate Gauthier and Gainey that much. You have a guy in Timmins who most likely is the best guy in the business, that drafted the most NHL players in the game and now that "might" see 2 others of his 1st rounders in McDo and AKost becoming key players for their respective team. Gauthier and Gainey SUCCEEDED in making that team average, a team that had GREATNESS AND FUTURE written all over it. Going back to being mind boggling to see those guys have a job.

And for people who says that we should shut up, 'cause we hated AKost and blah-blah-blah. This organization, by not surrounding his players better, MAKE US hate them. Hey Grabs misses his plane, ship him out. SKost don't want to be send down, ship him out. Lats sleeps at the hotel, ships him out. Laps wants to play more, ship him out. AKost seems lazy, ship him out....how many more proofs do you guys need that to have so many HAVE TO SHIP HIM OUT, it can't be solely the problem of the players? How many other teams have had to move so many promising players for those types of reasons? And out of those teams, how many of those teams didn't receive squat in return?

This organization is worst than the Houle one for 1 reason. Houle was ignorant. He wasn't bad, he was coming from nowhere and had no idea what to do. Corey was an idiot to appoint him. So it's not Houle's fault. But Gauthier and Gainey comes with a boatload of freakin experience. And they do that? Hey, to their defense, say that they've reached their expiry date. Fine. Happens to everybody in every business. But that would have been a long time ago. But why the heck do we still have to live with that?

We just have the best freakin farm team for the rest of the league. And I don't want NOBODY ELSE saying how Montreal fans are overrating their players. Sorry, we see them with the true potential they have. It's this team who makes it sure they'll never achieve it. Teams who want to deal with us should be overpaying each and every single time they trade with us knowing that we will provide them great players, especially the ones Timmins drafted. But no. Instead, this team has the most lopsided deals NOT in our favor. Hey, give them 5-year extensions....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Adding AK gives Nashville a realistic shot at winning the Stanley Cup. Let's see how long it takes for the AK detractors to realize how ignorant they really are and have been for years.
They're not going to realize anything. They just don't understand that being a 20-30 goal scorer BY DEFINITION means you're not scoring every second game, lol. Considering he had one of the heaviest shots on the team, and was one of the most solid on his skates, I just hope we can find someone to replace all that without breaking the cap bank. Bets on a Nashville-St.Louis Cup Final? Would be hilarious, lol. Build an NHL Contender - Chapter 1: Trade with Pierre Gauthier.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Mind boggling to see Gauthier and Gainey still have a job. We had those bros here. We saw the chemistry they could have had at some point. SKost was once seen as a potential 70-point guy. AKost was once playing on one of the best line in this whole NHL. One day, a thread was made and for some strange reasons, the question was "Would you deal both bros for anybody else we could have chosen in 2003 like Getzlaf, and it was a resounding NO. When you see the talent. When you see a potential, it's YOUR job as an organization to develop them so that they also develop the consistency and they reach that ceiling. As a organization, we've abandon those players who are now doing great elsewhere. In some places, players, coaches and even owners make sure their their young players stay with them or vets at their houses and such. In Montreal, where it's really easy to lose yourself, players are told to "be careful" yet, we hear that the organization is not there to babysit them. So it's Okay for other teams to do it in maybe "softer" cities but not here? And on top of everybody who does, we sure are damn "lucky" that Latendresse is hurt 'cause he'd be another one. And then, after all those mistakes that both Gauthier and Gainey were seeing and doing first hand, they trade those kinds of players for other players they just have NO idea how to make them work like Pouliot and Bourque. Mind you, in that instance, it is not about developing them, it's just about making bad trades. Pouliot is gone, and Bourque will be our new scapegoat for years to come.

There only one guy in this organization who benefit from this and it's Timmins. If finally AKost explodes and becomes the player he thought he would be....I just don't understand how people don't hate Gauthier and Gainey that much. You have a guy in Timmins who most likely is the best guy in the business, that drafted the most NHL players in the game and now that "might" see 2 others of his 1st rounders in McDo and AKost becoming key players for their respective team. Gauthier and Gainey SUCCEEDED in making that team average, a team that had GREATNESS AND FUTURE written all over it. Going back to being mind boggling to see those guys have a job.

And for people who says that we should shut up, 'cause we hated AKost and blah-blah-blah. This organization, by not surrounding his players better, MAKE US hate them. Hey Grabs misses his plane, ship him out. SKost don't want to be send down, ship him out. Lats sleeps at the hotel, ships him out. Laps wants to play more, ship him out. AKost seems lazy, ship him out....how many more proofs do you guys need that to have so many HAVE TO SHIP HIM OUT, it can't be solely the problem of the players? How many other teams have had to move so many promising players for those types of reasons? And out of those teams, how many of those teams didn't receive squat in return?

This organization is worst than the Houle one for 1 reason. Houle was ignorant. He wasn't bad, he was coming from nowhere and had no idea what to do. Corey was an idiot to appoint him. So it's not Houle's fault. But Gauthier and Gainey comes with a boatload of freakin experience. And they do that? Hey, to their defense, say that they've reached their expiry date. Fine. Happens to everybody in every business. But that would have been a long time ago. But why the heck do we still have to live with that?

We just have the best freakin farm team for the rest of the league. And I don't want NOBODY ELSE saying how Montreal fans are overrating their players. Sorry, we see them with the true potential they have. It's this team who makes it sure they'll never achieve it. Teams who want to deal with us should be overpaying each and every single time they trade with us knowing that we will provide them great players, especially the ones Timmins drafted. But no. Instead, this team has the most lopsided deals NOT in our favor. Hey, give them 5-year extensions....
This is why I say "forget character, focus on talent." Character - this is only an issue when the player is an ass like Avery. But Andrei Kostitsyn supposedly had bad "character." Bull-c-r-a-p.

Look at the state of the Habs organization in 2007-2008 and now. The difference? All these bad "characters" are supposedly gone and with it a lot of talent.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:30 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Don't know why there's Preds fans trolling the Habs fan base here. Seems a little uncalled for to pile on.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:30 AM
habdynasty

Ryder scores 30 this year.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:37 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:

Obviously the GMs made huge evaluation errors by trading the brothers for a 2nd rounder and change and I'm furious for that. I mean everyone knew that both Kostitsyns would play better as soon as they left Mtl. But they also need to atone for why the coaches they hired in Mtl were not able to made these guys produce. It seems the coaches can never draw the full potential of these players and then as soon as they leave, they light it up. We need a coach who can realize and maximize the potential of young players.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:40 AM
onice

Andrei, Sergei, Grabs, Ribeiro. Lats, Koivu

I know it's still only 5 games but Andrei has magically become a 1 ppg player. I wanted the Habs to keep him but I knew with the dunces running the organization the best thing for him was to be traded. But I didn't think these buffons would only get scraps in return.

For me this last Kostitsyn trade broke the camel's back. It epitomizes everything that has been wrong with this organization. I can not find words strong enough to express my disdain for the GMs & coaches we've had since 03. (i exclude Juliuen from that list.) The only thing that has saved us from becoming a laughing stock has been the work of Timmins and his staff.

Since 03 this amateur scouting team has drafted 18 players currently NHLers. The closest team to the Habs has produced 9 NHLers. TT and his team have produced quality and quantity. Yet Sergei has become a 1-2nd liner for the preds. Grabs is a 2nd line center man for T.O., Andrei will probably become what we all thought he was in Nashville, Ribeiro has become a very good center man In Texas, in St Louis D'Agostino is a good player. Beauchemin was traded by Toronto for some very interesting pieces. These and many many more were players drafted by Timmins and found lacking by the coaches and GMs we had in place yet somehow they become good players elsewhere.

If this isn't the biggest indictment of Gainey/Gauthier and his coaches and the strongest indication that Timmins is top notch, I don't know what is.

I really, really, really, really want a clean sweep of the GM office and the coaching staff. Except for Timmins and his staff, I see nothing I want to keep in the front office. If Molson had any sense he would clean house and put the garbage out to the curb.

It may seem harsh to use words like garbage when describing Gainey's work as GM. But when you're payed millions of dollars and these are the results you bring in, I can think of harsher, less polite words.

I hope to God I'm wrong but my guts tell me Molson is going to give these clowns another year or just make some cosmetic changes to the management team.

Last edited by onice: 03-11-2012 at 10:08 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Out of that list, the only one I miss on this team is Koivu.

Why aren't you complaining about McDo?

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Tiger Svoboda

I don't miss any of these guys. All had to go when they left.

Tiger Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:49 AM
durojean

What I'm more mad about is the team we could have had without those trade plus our first round pick...

Cole Desharnais Pacioretty
Cammalleri Plekanec Grigorenko
Kostitsyn Eller Gionta
Moen White Darche

Markov Emelin
Subban Hamrlik
Kaberle Gorges

Price

That's incredible how our team is worst than it could be.

By the way I'm all for trading a player with bad character but... Be sure to get good value for that said player or re sign him and trade him while he's hot.

Last year I wanted Plekanec traded because he had good value... Honestly I'm not sure we could have his value right now by trading him.

I'm mad that we always seem to make good picks then never follow up by developping them well. Some wanted to trade Subban this year while he was playing bad.

One example of a guy that right now is being badly developped is Lars Eller. The guy is oozing offensive potential but he never gets powerplay time he is benched at every single mistake he makes and he's playing with defensive players like White and Moen.

No wonder why he has difficulties putting up point on the score sheet and why he had his best moment with Kostitsyn.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:50 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Out of that list, the only one I miss on this team is Koivu.

Why aren't you complaining about McDo?
Because it %^&$* hurts too much and now that you mentioned it, I want to go jump off the Champlain bridge.

I don't care who you miss. This team had assets that were squandered. Gainey and Gauthier are like these rich spoiled brats that come into money from their parents (Timmins and his staff would be the parents in this case) and in a few short years these kids bankrupt themselves.

Whether you miss them or you don't isn't the point. The point is that they are NHLers contributing to their present teams but they weren't doing it here because the fools we had in place didn't know how to use them or didn't know how to exchange them for good value.

Last edited by onice: 03-11-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 AM
TheGoalJudge

I wonder how Timmins feels lol? He finds all these guys after the 1st round and they get traded for literally nothing.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:59 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Don't forget Streit either. That would be quite the D with Markov, Gorges, Streit, Subban and McDonagh.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
habdynasty

Don't forget Chipchura! Or Hainsey

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:01 AM
phil76

It is what it is. Fans as to stop living in the past. Live the present moment as a fan so you can have a better future as a fan I'm a habs fan at heart. Even though this season is bad I still love them. We will have a good team soon..just be positive and leave the negative behind. If you want to be negatives be a leafs fan

phil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prendan Brust

Quote:

Agreed. Time to fire these clowns!

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Svoboda View Post
I don't miss any of these guys. All had to go when they left.
I've mentioned it before, we, the posters on this board has become masters at rationalising each and every trade and fail to take a few steps back and assess the full picture.

Did you read the entire post?
The Habs have drafted twice as many NHL player than the secong best club (I haven't looked it up myself admittedly) yet is last in the East!
Something is royally ****ed up when it comes to player development within the organisation and until that is sorted out we are headed nowhere.

And you may very well be absolutely right. Maybe we don't need anyone of them, but are we better off without them? What have we got to show for it? Not a whole lot sadly.

For me it is not the players in point, it is the way this organisation has been run the last couple of seasons...

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:02 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil76 View Post
It is what it is. Fans as to stop living in the past. Live the present moment as a fan so you can have a better future as a fan I'm a habs fan at heart. Even though this season is bad I still love them. We will have a good team soon..just be positive and leave the negative behind. If you want to be negatives be a leafs fan
The problem with your little pearl of wisdom is that the past (Gainey/Gauthier) are still here calling the shots.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

i think Weber is next on the list. I see the potential in this guy. If he played with more confidence I think he'd be great.

As for Andrei, while I'm stoked he's doing well in Nashville with his brother (always been a huge fan of the two of them), I'd wait a little bit before calling him a PPG player. He's known to go in domination mode for a few games then slowing down significantly. He's a streaky player after all.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:03 AM
HeShootsHeScores

I guess this is the thread where I give a big **** you to the habs for letting go andrei for nothing. They gave up and went along the stupid and false trend that AK was lazy and useless. Now I saw those SK and AK highlight and it's just sad.

It was so freaking predictable that AK was gonna be awesome in any other jersey, duh, he was already awesome here, even though half the fanbase and 100% of the coaches had an unjustified hate toward him.

AK did a great job at keeping a whole generation of young fans entertained. He and kovalev brought this team back on the map. He never got appropriate recognition for it.

Go Andrei Go

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:07 AM
MrNasty

Every team has moron fans that makes list of players they still wish they had on their team or draft picks that turned into stars. Their lists include Gorges, Cole, Eller, Gionta, etc. What is ironic is that most players that Habs fans wish they still had are good players on horrible teams. They did nothing to make their teams winners. (please don't argue that the reason Nashville has a good team is because of SK)

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Funny that he's now getting quality powerplay time (and scoring important goals) on the second best PP in the league while he was the 8th most used forward on one of the worst PP in the league.
^^this^^

------------------

I call the day they sent Kostitsyn away + claimed Staubitz (Kostitsyn out, Staubitz in: a powerful image imo), the "Cunneyworth Day".

At the start of each season since his first full season, you knew that Andrei Kostitsyn would be among your top goal scorers. Now this big, powerful home grown talent will do his thing outside of Montreal.

A. Kostitsyn; Nashville
5 games played, 3 goals, 3 assists, a plus/minus of +3

I stand by my prediction: next season, Andrei Kostitsyn will outscore everyone in Habs land.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote