HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anders Nilsson

Old
03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
djavan

vCash: 500
Anders Nilsson

Ok, I think it's safe to assume the team will not have any more games once the season ends after game 82...

How many of the remaining 14 games would you like to see him start?

Last edited by djavan: 03-11-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: mistake
djavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Isles Junkie

honestly, 0

Montoya should be back soon, and even if he isn't, whoever is currently backing up Poulin in the AHL should be Nabbys backup now. Get Poulin & Nilsson ready for the AHL Playoffs. Use the last few weeks of their season to determine who should get the 1st start.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Hip Of Rick

Maybe 1-3 depending on Montoys health. We need to keep Nabokov here next season if we want to be competitive. One way to do that is to play him and not a 20 year old over him. We will be picking bottom 5 next year if we go into the season with a combo of DP/Montoya/Nilsson/Poulin next season. We need a legitimate proven NHL starter. Nabby is the perfect stop gap for a year or 2 and let Nilsson/Poulin rotate backing up Nabby and starting in the AHL next season

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:10 AM
StrongIslanders90

Kid Played well In both starts...... Id say Let him stay here and back up Nabby and Let Poulin get the Playoffs for BPORT

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
SthlmNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Kid Played well In both starts...... Id say Let him stay here and back up Nabby and Let Poulin get the Playoffs for BPORT
I'd say Nilsson would get a lot more from playing in the AHL playoffs.
Besides Poulin and Nilsson is one of the best goalie-tandems in the AHL, if not they're certainly the most promising goalie-tandem.

So here's to hoping Montoya's getting well soon!

SthlmNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

I guess they're only returning Nilsson because of the AHL playoffs? I like Montoya too, but after seeing Nilsson give the Devils the hardest time of any Goaltender this year on two different nights I think he might very well be the future.

This is coming from a guy who called him a jabroni a week ago which I'm now eating crow over.

I was irate, because the Devils seem to make Goaltenders this year that are backups look like Ken Dryden. Aside from Bryzgalov who we never really challenged much the two times we faced him no other Goaltender has given us that hard of a time, and no other Goaltender has shut us out for 118 minutes straight. Before last Sundays game we had only been shut out once twice this season. Once to Bryzgalov on opening night, and once to Lundqvist the week before.

The Devils challenged Nilsson MUCH better, and gave him everything they had Saturday. It took 58 minutes that night, and over 118 minutes in a week to break him. My respect for him went up immensely in that game, and I know he proved he was no fluke after that.

So Nilsson is a monster, and he's got a bright future I think. I wish him, and you guys well in the future. Nilsson has our number, and if anything I'm glad we don't have to face him in our final game together!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 01:21 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

At most two more.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
SpeedDemon

As many as possible

fact- DP is a cripple.
fact- Nabby's past his prime
out of the 3 (4 if you count Kosks ) Nilssion is the perhaps the best we got

can the vets (with the exception of Streit and Nielson), can the old and play with a team of players in their 20's. I garuantee we wouldn't do much worse

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote