HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#68 | New Jersey Devils vs. New York Islanders | Mar 10 | L 1-2

Old
03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Gillies Mustache

vCash: 500
Only ten pages after this debacle? Man we really don't give a **** anymore...

Gillies Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Furkmyster

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. How fitting.

Frack is Streit a slow ass skater ...

Furkmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:31 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furkmyster View Post
Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. How fitting.

Frack is Streit a slow ass skater ...
When did Streit get on the ice? Kovy is a much faster skater and Streit just looked gassed out there to boot, but I would have to watch that shift again to see how long he was out there prior to the play.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Furkmyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
When did Streit get on the ice? Kovy is a much faster skater and Streit just looked gassed out there to boot, but I would have to watch that shift again to see how long he was out there prior to the play.
Shift wouldn't have been a minute yet since NJ scored on the PP with what 90 seconds to go? I wouldn't think he should be gassed, but true Kovy isn't slow.

Furkmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
StumpNYI

Looks like I missed a good one.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Looks like I missed a good one.
You can definitely say that. It was a complete fail in the last 2 minutes.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Slightly OT, but I feel bad for Ron MacLean. Like 'Howie Rose' bad. He occasionally has to work with PJ Stock on HNIC who is basically as educationally challenged as Butch, but without the Stanley Cup rings or quirky "grandpa's just old and senile" charm.

My sympathies, Ronnie.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:40 PM
JTforPres2012

At the game tonight, absolutely heartbreaking. It's hilarious how you go to the Sens game where they lose 6-0, and their out of it in the first minute of the game, now this just unbelievable.

Everyone here knows Fat Cap isn't an NHL coach. It's plain and simple, obviously this further proves the point.

Realistically speaking, if the Isles don't make a few moves in the off season (don't hold your breath), what will honestly be different next year? The Isles will have one good line and that's it. I just don't see any of these players (as of next year) changing a team. Ullstrom isn't putting in 30 goals, Dylan Reese isn't going to lead to this team to the playoffs.

It's just beyond disappointing, now the draft talk comes, so what? wait another 5 years. You have to feel bad for a guy like Tavares who refuses to have a twitter or even call his parents after he was chosen to the All-Star game because he wants no distractions, when you have idiots like Grabner spending more time at the tattoo parlor then he does on his own game.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:41 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillies Mustache View Post
Why give a **** when the team gave us **** tonight? It's still fresh! Save your **** for a better cause. **** is abundant to us as we can see (more and more every year under Wang). When this **** team takes a **** and expects us to give a ****, say "I've had enough of this ****" and stop giving a **** and tell your ****head ticket reps to eat ****, you've had enough of this **** and don't give them ****.

Unless ****head Garth gets us any **** July 1st....

The season finally ended tonight for me - with a bang. Onto draft day!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
A Pointed Stick
Sell? Of Course!

.300, Coming right up.

I' d like to dedicate this game to the Wang. Truly, without his starving the team of talent, they might have won.

Goat of the game tonight is PAP, for taking a stupid penalty at the worst possible moment.

This team fails for Nail. How many more years of this crap will Tavares take before he demands a trade? I ask that because this roster is going to look the same next year, and the Wang apologists are going to say they tried to get good free agents, and the Snow apologists are going to say he won't swing a trade because our kids are too valuable, and we will be back here next year failing for the next lottery.
Sucks to be an Islander fan.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
glubrat

You know, I don't even care that Anders played a hell of a game.

It's all meaningless when this team isn't constructed well at all.

And we need a coach who knows what the hell he's doing out there for a full 60 minutes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: these players HAVE TALENT. A quality coach would be able to channel that talent and craft legitimate NHLers out of them. This Capuano guy is anything but a quality coach. Return to whence you came. I hear there's a ferry leaving from Port Jeff every hour.

glubrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:31 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by glubrat View Post

And we need a coach who knows what the hell he's doing out there for a full 60 minutes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: these players HAVE TALENT. A quality coach would be able to channel that talent and craft legitimate NHLers out of them. This Capuano guy is anything but a quality coach. Return to whence you came. I hear there's a ferry leaving from Port Jeff every hour.
And this is the mistake of about all posters.

It's not the coach. He doesn't have competent talent and leadership guys to play on the lines the kids need them on.

It's not the GM. He has no experience, he has no rep and can't get what he wants when the players know what the "organization" (Wang) has instilled as the team's legacy (not trying to win).

It's not the players. They came to win and just don't have the talent or coaching to get a myriad of different types to come together and play a cohesive game.

It's the owner. HE refused to hire the BEST GM. HE is thus responsible for the minor league coaches coming in or the Nolans who needed a GM to give him the right blend. HE is the reason we can't pat an Erhoff $5M but we CAN pay a Rolston $5M.

The fix is a restructuring of what this team is made of, what its purpose is and what the direction we go in will be. HE kept Milbury, refused to hire independent minds OF QUALITY for fear of losing CONTROL and he is the reason no one wants to work for him.

Oh, except for the hacks that couldn't manage a career elsewhere who say they love it here. Save for Tavares, guys who have made it "out of the ghetto" will leave for greener pastures in all likelihood.

We are the "ghetto."

Wang is the "slumlord."

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

The 1983 Edmonton Oilers will tell you that talent does not win championships.

The 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1996 Detroit Red Wings will tell you that talent does not win championships.

The mid 2000's Ottawa Senators will tell you that talent does not win championships, but they also never figured out the tonic.

The level of talent on the Islanders does not concern me. The level of care and passion greatly concerns me. Like I said in an earlier post, the losses roll off the back of this team way too easily.

They let their goaltender down tonight. They let their fans down tonight. Unfortunately, these two things occur on a far too regular basis.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:50 AM
IslesNorway

Unbelievable loss! The Isles had this one locked up and then a stupid penalty by PAP ruins everything. Bad, bad loss

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:28 AM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Missed the 2nd and 3rd period. Doesn't surprise me that we blew that game one bit.

I hate this team and the people running it.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:35 AM
camper

Turned the game on, NO MATT MARTIN, Turned the game off , More action watching curling on TSN,

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Brunomics

Was at the game last night, when Nilsson let up the Clarkson goal I figured hey it happens we'll get them in overtime. Then PA takes a braindead boarding call and I figure ok they'll get out of this and then Zidlicky scores and I get all pissed yell **** this and my gf and I leave.

I was actually pissed off for the first five minutes but then reality set in that we have a simple minded coach, a know nothing gm and a piece of **** of an owner that circumvents the salary cap so why should I expect any more than I got tonight on the ice? There was no desperation in closing out this game.

Definitely not renewing my seasons for next year. When this organization actually decides they want to be a respected team in the league and want to win then I'll come back but sadly I never see this happening.

Charles Wang can go **** himself. Same goes for Snow and Capuano as well.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:31 AM
JKP

Quote:

I completely agree. Cappy, nice guy but not an NHL coach and not the guy that this teams needs to go to the next level.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Operation: Major League is working to perfection.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:20 AM
cjdv16

Whatever.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
glubrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
And this is the mistake of about all posters.

It's not the coach. He doesn't have competent talent and leadership guys to play on the lines the kids need them on.

It's not the GM. He has no experience, he has no rep and can't get what he wants when the players know what the "organization" (Wang) has instilled as the team's legacy (not trying to win).

It's not the players. They came to win and just don't have the talent or coaching to get a myriad of different types to come together and play a cohesive game.

It's the owner. HE refused to hire the BEST GM. HE is thus responsible for the minor league coaches coming in or the Nolans who needed a GM to give him the right blend. HE is the reason we can't pat an Erhoff $5M but we CAN pay a Rolston $5M.

The fix is a restructuring of what this team is made of, what its purpose is and what the direction we go in will be. HE kept Milbury, refused to hire independent minds OF QUALITY for fear of losing CONTROL and he is the reason no one wants to work for him.

Oh, except for the hacks that couldn't manage a career elsewhere who say they love it here. Save for Tavares, guys who have made it "out of the ghetto" will leave for greener pastures in all likelihood.

We are the "ghetto."

Wang is the "slumlord."
Erhoff isn't worth that money.

And yeah, Wang is the problem, but look at what Hitch has done in St. Louis with a young talented team. He's instilled a work ethic in them and utilized their abilities to the best of his own ability. Cap is just playing pond hockey out there.

glubrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
A Pointed Stick
Sell? Of Course!

Quote:
Erhoff isn't worth that money.

And yeah, Wang is the problem, but look at what Hitch has done in St. Louis with a young talented team. He's instilled a work ethic in them and utilized their abilities to the best of his own ability. Cap is just playing pond hockey out there.
It isn't a matter of "Isn't worth that money." If you have a hole in your boat and you are sinking and it costs you $1,000 for a $0.50 plug you don't let the boat sink because, "The plug isn't worth the money." Letting the $200,000 boat sink because you didn't think a $1,000 temporary plug was worth even a buck... that's just plain dumb, but that's not even what went down last summer. They didn't get the plug because no plugs are even willing to go in their boat's holes because they all know the boat's owner is letting the boat sink from OTHER holes he has no desire to fill.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Just numb to it all. Comfortably numb and used to it.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Management is indirectly driving the most passionate away...

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote