HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

longtime blue fan trying to make playoff game

Old
03-11-2012, 08:28 AM
trueblue09

vCash: 500
longtime blue fan trying to make playoff game

Ok heres the deal i have been a blues fan since probably 94. I was 10 at the time and dad started taking me to games. Im now 28 and watch them religiously every night they play. I live in Houston texas and have been waiting for the day they re-enter playoffs. Obviously they will make it in this year and most likely have home ice advantage. I really want to come up and see a game maybe even first playoff game they play this year. I did some research and seems like playoffs usually start around 13 or 14th of april. I work long hours and only have off fridays and saturdays. Seems like the blues will play a game either that friday the 13th or sat the 14th. So do you guys think im safe in buying a cheap southwest airlines ticket now. Getting in stl early friday morning and leaving sunday morning just incase they play friday or saturday i will be there both nights then? Id rather buy airline ticket now rather then wait to find out schedule and pay probably over double in airline ticket price.

Any advice on this would be great. I wont drive it way too long and i have a massive gas guzzling texas truck. Rather fly up there with my jersey on, drink, and watch history. Super excited, look forward to suggestions.

Last edited by trueblue09: 03-11-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: wrong statement
trueblue09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:06 AM
homeoftheBlues

vCash: 1030
Not sure that I would book that flight yet. I couldn't find any information online about exactly when the first round games will be played. However, I looked at some teams that played last year and it looked like the first two home games were either Wed-Fri, or thurs-sat. Our last game is Saturday so it's possible that we could have a tues-thurs home match-up.

homeoftheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:02 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
You can always change the dates for the Southwest flight. Investigate it, but I think if its far enough in advance there is no penalty. I recall doing that before.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote