HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Game 69: Leafs @ Capitals: 5:00 PM, RDSI(HD), SNET-O

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Play hard but lose. Keep the tank going.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Play hard but lose. Keep the tank going.
Might get a point that way. Better if they just mail it in from the beginning.

Old
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Caps are 22-10-3 at home. Thank god. We're not that great on back to back either.

Must lose...or we'll be stuck hoping for 8th place even 5 years from now.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Baba Ganoush

that first line is hideous looking. get Connolly out of there..and how does Frattin go from 1st to 4th? man oh man. if it were up to me, we'd be icing:

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
Mac - Grabovski - Frattin
Lombardi - Connolly - Crabb
Rosehill - Steckel - Ashton

Carlyle's offensive lines just look all around hideous to me.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I Am The Stig
Realistic Leafs fan.

vCash: 50
Gus is the confirmed tendy for today?

Old
03-11-2012, 01:11 PM
thas

I don't have a good feeling about this game since it's a back to back after a time change. It's a back to back for the Caps too, but they played at 1:00 yesterday. You never know with this team though.

Oh & on another note, this will be the first game to be shown live on the new sportsnet Leafs app.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/pressroom/20...net_leafs_app/

Old
03-11-2012, 01:13 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
can the TANK people have their own GDT... let them depress each other out

Old
03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

people still think this team can make the playoffs?

Old
03-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
that first line is hideous looking. get Connolly out of there..and how does Frattin go from 1st to 4th? man oh man. if it were up to me, we'd be icing:

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
Mac - Grabovski - Frattin
Lombardi - Connolly - Crabb
Rosehill - Steckel - Ashton

Carlyle's offensive lines just look all around hideous to me.
I agree with you, but would have Armstrong in (health permitting) and Lombardi out.

A healthy Brown would also have Crabb replaced.

03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
can the TANK people have their own GDT... let them depress each other out
I'm not actually a tank person really, I just made the tank reference facetiously

Old
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Leafan519

Can't fail to CAPitalize on this golden opportunity to not gain any points.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
I don't understand people that want this team to lose for a high pick. I'm all for getting a high draft pick, but that is more after the Leafs lose I think to myself "That much closer to a high draft pick", during the game/before the game I find it impossible to cheer against the Leafs.

Tankers, when the Leafs get scored on do you actually cheer? and boo when they score? I just don't see the point in cheering against your team ever.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

looking at Washington's forward group, I don't find it shocking anymore why they're struggling.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
ppaul092
Twiggy Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafan519 View Post
Can't fail to CAPitalize on this golden opportunity to not gain any points.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
I don't understand people that want this team to lose for a high pick. I'm all for getting a high draft pick, but that is more after the Leafs lose I think to myself "That much closer to a high draft pick", during the game/before the game I find it impossible to cheer against the Leafs.

Tankers, when the Leafs get scored on do you actually cheer? and boo when they score? I just don't see the point in cheering against your team ever.
I don't cheer or boo, it's just emotionless when either happens. Cant speak for anyone else, but that's me. It sucks that all these games aren't something I look forward to anymore. I'd prefer this team get a top 5 pick, so I hope for a regulation loss.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Jerkini

Quote:

I don't cheer or smile or feel satisfied.. I look at the bright side of a crappy situation and understand what it can mean for this team in the years to come.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:

I am not at the edge of my seat on close plays anymore. I just watch and if the Leafs get scored on it doesn't really bother me that much like it did a month ago.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Beleafer4

I feel a win

Old
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Leafan519

Quote:

You gotta think big picture bro. Whats best longterm for this team which we all love at this point is them slipping as far down the ladder as possible to draft a potential star center, which has been the organisations biggest weakness since Sundin left.

What will be best for this team going forward to have to ask yourself..winning most the last 15 or so meaningless games now that the pressure is off and finishing 9th or 10th and only getting a midrange pick, or drafting a potential star center to be a cornerstone for this franchise for the next 15 years. Another midrange finish is the last thing this team needs and as difficult as it is to cheer against the Leafs I've found myself doing so the last 4-5 games since its become clear this seasons toast. Just gotta keep reminding yourself its for the greater good, and checking the standings and visualising how satisfying it'll be to see our pick in the top 5 on the board on draft day. Wish we could just fast forward to that day!

Old
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Erdinger

Quote:

No it's hard to cheer against them when they are playing. Especially a game like last night where they played with a purpose and for once seemed to know what they were doing. But if they lose it no longer bothers me.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafan519 View Post
You gotta think big picture bro. Whats best longterm for this team which we all love at this point is them slipping as far down the ladder as possible to draft a potential star center, which has been the organisations biggest weakness since Sundin left.

What will be best for this team going forward to have to ask yourself..winning most the last 15 or so meaningless games now that the pressure is off and finishing 9th or 10th and only getting a midrange pick, or drafting a potential star center to be a cornerstone for this franchise for the next 15 years. Another midrange finish is the last thing this team needs and as difficult as it is to cheer against the Leafs I've found myself doing so the last 4-5 games since its become clear this seasons toast. Just gotta keep reminding yourself its for the greater good, and checking the standings and visualising how satisfying it'll be to see our pick in the top 5 on the board on draft day. Wish we could just fast forward to that day!
This.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Go Leafs Go!

Yep: I'm a Sens fan behind you guys this aft. Any chance you guys can keep those pesky Capitals out of the playoff picture? It would be much obliged. Last thing anyone needs is for Ovechkin to remember he's one of the best players in the league when the post-season starts.

Thanks.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
lampshade*

Hope Reimer is starting, the tank needs speed amd momentum, I feel Gus gives us to good a chance to win.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Go Leafs Go!

Yep: I'm a Sens fan behind you guys this aft. Any chance you guys can keep those pesky Capitals out of the playoff picture? It would be much obliged. Last thing anyone needs is for Ovechkin to remember he's one of the best players in the league when the post-season starts.

Thanks.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Go Leafs Go!

Yep: I'm a Sens fan behind you guys this aft.
No offense but nobody likes to have a Sens fan behind them.

Closed Thread