HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The General is back! The Quest for 9th is on. (Habs win 4-1)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2012, 12:59 PM
No Style Points

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
I got a simple question for you guys (just didn't want to start a new thread for that):

Would you resign Brad Staubitz for next year and if so at what price?

I say yes. He's the guy our team needs. Probably not for 82 games, but when we would need him, he'd be there. The guy's a real tough guy.
I like what's he brought to this team. Aside from the fighting, he can skate and hit pretty well. Makes the rest of the team play tougher too.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:00 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
I got a simple question for you guys (just didn't want to start a new thread for that):

Would you resign Brad Staubitz for next year and if so at what price?

I say yes. He's the guy our team needs. Probably not for 82 games, but when we would need him, he'd be there. The guy's a real tough guy.
YEs 850K

Old
03-11-2012, 01:01 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
why does people keep comparing to edmonton?

Anyways, if we dont finish top3 in the standings(reversed), I want Molson out.
Firing your GM or getting a new owner because the team didn't lose enough will really make the fans a happy bunch. Other then the extreme few who want the team to lose, most fans are still happier after a win then a loss.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 147
PK - Markov on the PP. Brings a tear.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
why does people keep comparing to edmonton?

Anyways, if we dont finish top3 in the standings(reversed), I want Molson out.
Molson?

YOU want Molson out?

Good god he's on his way out then!

Old
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Firing your GM or getting a new owner because the team didn't lose enough will really make the fans a happy bunch. Other then the extreme few who want the team to lose, most fans are still happier after a win then a loss.
I'm happy with the win...now back to tanking!

Old
03-11-2012, 01:10 PM
The Doors

When you think that last year's team was without Markov, Cole, Gorges, and Pacioretty... it's really disappointing to see how this season turned out. Just goes to show, a couple of things don't go your way and the entire season's momentum is blown... this game makes me look forward to seeing this team in the playoffs 13 months from now.

I think a clean slate is what they need. A few nice moves in the offseason, and a brand new season for players like Bourque and Kaberle to show that they belong. And the addition of a healthy Markov and Gionta. There are a lot of veterans on this team that have had poor years. Guys that are world class players. I guess we'll find out if they're over-the-hill or just had an off-year.

I wonder where the Habs would be today if they hadn't blown that 3-2 lead versus Carolina back in February after winning 4 straight...

Old
03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
NotProkofievian

I hope this game answered the ridiculous argument that was taking place about having Markov and PK on the PP. Easy solution, Markov can play on the right, or we can use an umbrella formation.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
YEs 850K
Would be really, really curious about your method for coming up with a 50% raise for a waiver claim who continues to offer the exact same thing he has over his past two contracts of ~$500K.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I hope this game answered the ridiculous argument that was taking place about having Markov and PK on the PP. Easy solution, Markov can play on the right, or we can use an umbrella formation.
I see a slightly wider 1-3-1. Not a fan of having two players crash the crease and not move, removes the man advantage.

Subban - Markov - Pleks near the blue line, with Subban staying further back and Pleks creeping a bit more toward the faceoff circle. This also opens the inversion with Subban sneaking in for an easy goal.

The other two forwards on either side of the net alternatively crashing and opening up/chasing the puck behind the red-line.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I see a slightly wider 1-3-1. Not a fan of having two players crash the crease and not move, removes the man advantage.

Subban - Markov - Pleks near the blue line, with Subban staying further back and Pleks creeping a bit more toward the faceoff circle. This also opens the inversion with Subban sneaking in for an easy goal.

The other two forwards on either side of the net alternatively crashing and opening up/chasing the puck behind the red-line.
I think they'll work in a pretty dynamic fashion. With markov up top and PK and DD/Plex on the wings. But I also see Markov and PK rotating off the point position continuously. So something like Markov rotates over to PK's position, passes off to PK and sneaks in for the back door pass from DD.

It's gonna be SICK!

Old
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Great game to watch, it was weird seeing Markov back though, didnt really know what to make of it too be honest. He played a solid game for a player who hasnt played in 16 months and I was VERY happy for him. The journey begins.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
TheBuriedHab

Also, Pk Subban has been playing great hockey for a while now. Hope he can do it all season next year.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:46 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Also, Pk Subban has been playing great hockey for a while now. Hope he can do it all season next year.
The sophomore jinx will be over. We should see improvement from PK next year.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:56 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Does anyone know where I could watch the whole game? I missed it and I could only find the highlights, I really want to see how Markov looked. Can't believe it's been so long, I couldn't stop smiling when I saw him celebrate Subban's goal.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
good game. the canucks are *******

markov looked really slow though...

Old
03-11-2012, 01:59 PM
habscup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
good game. the canucks are *******

markov looked really slow though...
Markov has never been fast, he's always someone who skates slowly and just breaks up passing lanes, pokechecks,etc. Don't worry.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If only we scored a 5th goal... then we would have had back-to-back chicken since a couple of years!

Old
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Does anyone know where I could watch the whole game? I missed it and I could only find the highlights, I really want to see how Markov looked. Can't believe it's been so long, I couldn't stop smiling when I saw him celebrate Subban's goal.
I think cbc.ca allows you to look at the game afteward.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2208771704

Old
03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
TinordiandSubban

BEST. GAME. EVERRRR!

So much happiness. Louis to Geoffrion, gave me chills. Markov to Subban made my heart soar!!! Most fun watching the Habs since...

And Patches is so far in a different class of class they need a new class for his class. Subban can do what he wants with this game.

Loved how Price pushed rat face into Stop-its. "go fight that guy if you want to fight." Hodgson for Kassian is going to be remembered as the worst trade ever in Canucks history.

And Viggo Mortensen is so crazy cool. I want to watch a Habs game with him.

Did I hear that it was the anniversary of Boom Booms death and Morenz's funeral yesterday? Blake has mighty ghosts with hi.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I think you missed it, RDS usually plays the canadiens express version in the morning before they start doing their regular programming. Or Not, never mind. CBC rules, enjoy.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
And Viggo Mortensen is so crazy cool. I want to watch a Habs game with him.
You echo'd my feelings perfectly but this part stood out.. man I would love that, we should ask him. I bet he'd be down too.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post
You know what, Campoli might have bad hockey sense, but he's a team guy. Always, ALWAYS the first to jump on a guy who whacks a team-mate or bugs the goalie.
Perfect reason to ditch him. We have plenty of those already. Need more hockey sense. Not some guy who tries to act tough.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
They picked top 10 twice in three years before that. They've been near the bottom for a long time.
But they were actually close to the POs in 08 (41 wins, same as Nashville who was the 8th seed) and 09 (I think they were in the playoffs or on the cusp until March, finished just 6 points out).

It's a far cry from being bottom dwellers.

Closed Thread