HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The General is back! The Quest for 9th is on. (Habs win 4-1)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2012, 03:02 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I think cbc.ca allows you to look at the game afteward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I think you missed it, RDS usually plays the canadiens express version in the morning before they start doing their regular programming. Or Not, never mind. CBC rules, enjoy.
Thanks everyone. Saving that link, pretty cool of CBC to show complete games for free.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Where are the ****ing haters?
Markov makes the team 1489 times better, from a non playoff team to a playoff team or from a playoff team to a contender. HE IS THAT GOOD!

Old
03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Where are the ****ing haters?
Markov makes the team 1489 times better, from a non playoff team to a playoff team or from a playoff team to a contender. HE IS THAT GOOD!
I just think people have forgot how good he can be when he is 100% healthy. He is a top 5 d man in this league IMO. Who cares what the haters say. If he plays close to a full year next year, the Habs will contend for the NE division. Our D will be solid and we arguable have a top 5 goalie as well.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Kenny Powders

Someone has the video with Subban making fun with the green mens? that was funny as hell!

Old
03-11-2012, 03:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I just think people have forgot how good he can be when he is 100% healthy. He is a top 5 d man in this league IMO. Who cares what the haters say. If he plays close to a full year next year, the Habs will contend for the NE division. Our D will be solid and we arguable have a top 5 goalie as well.
this is exactly what I think, agree with 100%.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
haburger

god i hope we win most our games down the stretch .i wanna see all the poseurs whine about not drafting high.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:39 PM
PricePkPatch

I was thinking about the pass Markov made to Pacioretty..

Isn't this the single longest pass possible in the game of hockey? Like, from the deep end of your zone all the way to the blue line?!

That man is a Passing God.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Hes a difference maker. I try to convince my buddys that if this guy is playing were automatically a playoff contender. They just dont believe it cause hockey is full of short term memories you forget the impact a guy can have on there team. And its not like we have the best depth to back him up. Not comparing him to Lidstrom but look at the impact it has on them when hes not playing it derails them completely.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
god i hope we win most our games down the stretch .i wanna see all the poseurs whine about not drafting high.
Yeah that's smart.

"Haha, posers! Look at how much better we are now that we drafted Gaunce!"

Old
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
So if the guy we could've drafted ends up a 80-90 point player and we get a decent 2nd liner, you'll be happy?

Season's over boy, all we're winning is the Maple Leafs run to 10th award.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
So being a real fan means wanting to see your team finish outside the playoffs and with a mediocre draft pick?

Got it.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
So being a real fan means wanting to see your team finish outside the playoffs and with a mediocre draft pick?

Got it.
Yup.

Wanting what is best for your team is being a fair weather fan.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
andy28

Great to see Markov back. Strange feeling seeing that old, familiar face back on the ice and in a Habs jersey again.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
So if the guy we could've drafted ends up a 80-90 point player and we get a decent 2nd liner, you'll be happy?

Season's over boy, all we're winning is the Maple Leafs run to 10th award.
The thing is what is the point in worrying about it. I mean, I have been excited all the second half of this season at the prospect of picking high in the draft, but you finish where you finish. Last night was only one game, so we don't know if this means we are are going to be climbing in the standings. We might lose the next two. But if we win games now, it means it is because our team is capable of winning those games, and would you have them do less than what they are capable of? Should Carey Price let a few stinkers in?

If we don't finish in the bottom five, then a high pick was not in the cards. I would love to have a top pick. It is the most convenient way to add elite talent to your lineup, no doubt about it. But it is not the only way to improve your club.

Last edited by andy28: 03-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old
03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
The thing is what is the point in worrying about it. I mean, I have been excited all the second half of this season at the prospect of picking high in the draft, but you finish where you finish. Last night was only one game, so we don't know if this means we are are going to be climbing in the standings. We might lose the next two. But if we win games now, it means it is because our team is capable of winning those games, and would you have them do less than what they are capable of? Should Carey Price let a few stinkers in?

If we don't finish in the bottom five, then a high pick was not in the cards. I would love to have a top pick. It is the most convenient way to add elite talent to your lineup, no doubt about it. But it is not the only way to improve your club.
I'm not saying to worry about it, I'm saying the guy wants the team to run the tables. There's simply nothing to gain from that.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
andy28

Quote:
I'm not saying to worry about it, I'm saying the guy wants the team to run the tables. There's simply nothing to gain from that.
How do we know that? Finishing the season on a high note could be a really good thing for the players we have on the ice right now. There are a whole lot of them and only one first round draft pick.

You never know what could end up being best for this team.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
SB164

With Markov back, who should be on the first wave of the PP? DD or Pleks?

I think Pleks has a better shot, but Desharnais may be a bit more patient, waiting for the right opportunities.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
How do we know that? Finishing the season on a high note could be a really good thing for the players we have on the ice right now. There are a whole lot of them and only one first round draft pick.

You never know what could end up being best for this team.
So, if we don't win a lot late in the season, the players will suddenly stop knowing how to play hockey and everyone will ask to be traded? Come on now.

I'm not even worried about it though, the losses didn't pile up by chance.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yup.

Wanting what is best for your team is being a fair weather fan.
And IMO what's best for this team right now is getting a top 5 pick (hopefully a top 3 pick) and not winning what amounts to meaningless games down the stretch.. If someone thinks I'm not a "real" fan for thinking that then so be it.. I really don't give a crap.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
haburger

bottom line is if u wanna "tank" u are a quitter.i got no time for it .either u support the team or u dont.judging by hf boards we got ALOT of quitters.and i cant wait to hear u all whine cause this team aint gonna quit.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
andy28

Quote:
So, if we don't win a lot late in the season, the players will suddenly stop knowing how to play hockey and everyone will ask to be traded? Come on now.
I never said anything even remotely like that. I said you never know what finishing on a high note could do for the players we have right now.

I don't expect us to run the table or even win half of our games, but who knows in the end what is best?

Old
03-11-2012, 04:34 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
bottom line is if u wanna "tank" u are a quitter.i got no time for it .either u support the team or u dont.judging by hf boards we got ALOT of quitters.and i cant wait to hear u all whine cause this team aint gonna quit.
We are supporting our team by wanting what is best for it.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Going against the grain doesn't make you a fan.

No one is a quitter, people just want the team to move forward instead of treading water. This time, the floodgates opened and we have a chance of starting anew.

Quote:
I never said anything even remotely like that. I said you never know what finishing on a high note could do for the players we have right now.

I don't expect us to run the table or even win half of our games, but who knows in the end what is best?
No one knows what is best, you can only play the percentages at this point. And picking 5 spots back would greatly lower the percentage in getting a franchise cornerstone.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Schwang

Quote:
Ya, and if we draft high, I bet you're glued to the tv watching the future superstar centre we get and cheering like crazy. Moron. You're the poseur that blindly follows a team that clearly needs to make some drastic changes. We finally have an opportunity to draft high, and people like you are pissing all over it! Ya, finishing 17th as opposed to 28th will REALLY help us.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

All I can say to the Habs for this season is..........Tanks for nuthin'

Closed Thread