HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time for Ray to get chance

Old
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
I like his regressing as of late....from an .899 save percentage prior to the all star break up to .915 currently, he sure is stepping up his game at the right time. Enough about Ryan Miller, this post is about Ray Emery and Chicago's goaltending plans for the remainder of the season plus the playoffs.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Ray with another W. Solid game and can't fault him for the goal against.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:43 PM
cherrypik

Ray seems to be more talkative and controlling in net. He also think he see plays develop quick and has better reflexes on tips then Crawford. Although the posts have bailed him out at least 6 times in the past two games...

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
ChiHawk21

Where art thou Coldsteel?

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he comes up huge right now. What is good and what we need.

He is good at not giving up rebounds

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:00 AM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
Ray seems to be more talkative and controlling in net. He also think he see plays develop quick and has better reflexes on tips then Crawford. Although the posts have bailed him out at least 6 times in the past two games...
I think the posts as a reason all of the shots that hit them didn't go in is a bit misleading. Sometimes pucks hit the post because that was all the goalie left open. Also, if the goalie wasn't there, they would have still hit the post. The fact that 6 shots hit the post doesn't mean that he was bailed out on all of them.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Rays style fits this team better. He plays a calm, simple, easy game. Limits movement and doesn't challenge far from his net. He also is more mature and doesn't let stuff get to him as much. Like how he has played of late and hope he keeps it up, Hawks need a spell of good goaltending.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:37 AM
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Rays style fits this team better. He plays a calm, simple, easy game. Limits movement and doesn't challenge far from his net. He also is more mature and doesn't let stuff get to him as much. Like how he has played of late and hope he keeps it up, Hawks need a spell of good goaltending.
You could've said the exact same thing about Crawford last year going into the postseason. He was uber-calm, poised, and frosty.

Sophomore slump went into sophomore meltdown.

CS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
You could've said the exact same thing about Crawford last year going into the postseason. He was uber-calm, poised, and frosty.

Sophomore slump went into sophomore meltdown.
It was his head and game that both melted down. He is clearly rattled and things are getting to him and his game itself went to *. He is all over the place, sliding around and out of his crease like a poor mans Hasek and that isn't his game. Stay square, stay quiet, keep it simple, that is what a bigger buttefly goalie should be doing. He should model his game after Giguere.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
I think the posts as a reason all of the shots that hit them didn't go in is a bit misleading. Sometimes pucks hit the post because that was all the goalie left open. Also, if the goalie wasn't there, they would have still hit the post. The fact that 6 shots hit the post doesn't mean that he was bailed out on all of them.
Agreed....the last time I checked, the posts aren't able to move from side to side to block the puck from going in the net.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

^ Post still pretty much means you beat the goalie. A shot that close, any goalie is going to make a solid attempt on it. Wings had some good looks during the game, no doubt. Hawks have had the same bad luck in other games this year.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Panzerspitze

Where're the haters now? Wrong about Stahlberg. Wrong about Emery. And wrong about Bickell.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Sevanston

Patrick Roy referred to his posts as his best friends.

Hitting a post isn't scoring a goal, and as long as the other team isn't scoring goals, then it doesn't really matter where the puck goes.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
Where're the haters now? Wrong about Stahlberg. Wrong about Emery. And wrong about Bickell.
not a hater, but still here. I do not think he will win a cup with us... there for, we have to fix our goaltending problems in the offseason. 1 of CC/Emery has to go.

And I'm the first to say that he was great on this little winning streak

Old
03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
I dont think I am Emery hater, just a realist. it has only been 3 games in a row and we are annointing Emery as the savior? this is the same Ray Emery of the past 3 seasons right? the inevitable meltdown is coming, it isnt a question of if, but when.

I am very excited of his play and if he can do this to help snag us some wins and let Crawford regain some mental focus until Emery's eventual blowout, I couldnt be happier. if Ray Emery carries this team past round 1 of the playoffs, I will take my crow with butter and garlic....but I cant get overjoyed yet knowing its only been 3 games, and his name is Ray Emery.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:43 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Flyers made the SCF with a Michael Leighton/Brian Boucher tandem. They were beaten by a 27 year old rookie goaltender, Antti Niemi. Niemi had a .910 SV% throughout the playoffs. Not that outstanding. Only in the Sharks series did he really play great.

Chris Osgood won the Cup as a 35 year old and lost in the finals the next year at 36.

Ray Emery made the SCFs in 06/07 with a .907 SV%.

So it isn't impossible to have success with average/unproven goaltending. Our own damn goaltender made the Stanley Cup finals just 4 playoffs ago.
No, he didn't. Emery played 20 games that postseason and was at 0.916 by the end of the 19th game. Game 5 vs. Anaheim was such a giant, all-round, cluster**** (team sucked, Emery sucked, Phillips scored on own net) that it dropped Emery's SV% from 0.916 to 0.907.

Oh, and as a division rival... the undervaluing of Ryan Miller in this thread is absurd. He's well worth his salary and a heck of a lot more than any of the offensive offers posted in this thread.

Last edited by trentmccleary: 03-06-2012 at 03:03 AM.
trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I dont think I am Emery hater, just a realist. it has only been 3 games in a row and we are annointing Emery as the savior? this is the same Ray Emery of the past 3 seasons right? the inevitable meltdown is coming, it isnt a question of if, but when.

I am very excited of his play and if he can do this to help snag us some wins and let Crawford regain some mental focus until Emery's eventual blowout, I couldnt be happier. if Ray Emery carries this team past round 1 of the playoffs, I will take my crow with butter and garlic....but I cant get overjoyed yet knowing its only been 3 games, and his name is Ray Emery.
Let Crawford regain some mental focus? For the 5th time this year?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:04 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Crawford has had many chances to take the undisputed starters role and run with it. He's failed miserably. Until Emery craps the bed over a couple of games, he's our guy come hell or high water.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I heard from one of CCs former teammates, that they liked him and that he is a good teammate. Too bad he plays really bad this year. Wonder why. I really wonder why he changed parts of his style and why became THAT mental wreck he now is. Sure, the D hasn't helped him that much, but he was good last year and in the POs.
He was good because of his positioning and not giving up many rebounds. That's not something teams will find out and will score on you. Sure, Glove hand high is not his strenght, but he can't stop a puck to save his life

Old
03-06-2012, 07:32 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Crawford has had many chances to take the undisputed starters role and run with it. He's failed miserably. Until Emery craps the bed over a couple of games, he's our guy come hell or high water.
I'll bet if Emery craps the bed for one game that Corey's right back out there again...especially if say Emery gets pulled in the first period and Corey comes in and actually looks good.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
I'll bet if Emery craps the bed for one game that Corey's right back out there again...especially if say Emery gets pulled in the first period and Corey comes in and actually looks good.
Of course it's Q, he would sit Lundqvist for a week if Biron looked half decent for a game.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Of course it's Q, he would sit Lundqvist for a week if Biron looked half decent for a game.
He's been pretty good about the goalies over the years. This year they both suck though so you can't blame him for alternating and pulling the plug on whoever is in after one bad game. There is no Crawford, Niemi, Khabby this year.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Chicago Blackhawks ‏ @NHLBlackhawks
#Blackhawks Fast Stat, via @PK9: Ray Emery is 10-0-1 with a .935 Sv% and 1.68 GAA at the United Center this year.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote