HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...it's not over folks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2012, 08:18 PM
  #176
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
See TG, this is what myself and others have to put up with.

Really. How have I been enthusiastic. Just a single example?

The closest thing I ever said was that if missing the playoffs was what it would take to get Dumbo fired than it would be better for the franchise long term to miss.

But whatever makes you happy. If you want to think I've been posting and talking about the Kings at HF for 10+ years all while secretly hoping they lose than you go right ahead and think that.
Well, when the kings win, you're either a no-show on the hfboards, or make minimum number of posts.

But BOY, when the kings lose, you're all over the board. We can't shut you up! You just seem happier when the kings lose just to prove a point I guess. You seem to be more about you being right, than kings winning.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
  #177
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
I dont know. Its like we lost the eye of the tigger man.

saintsnsoldiers is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
  #178
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,346
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
That's hilarious, got any more?
If Izzy Stradlin saw that, he would not welcome you to the jungle.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM
  #179
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Sweet, can we we re-open my thread now?
You seem happy, please exit this board for being happy to say its over

Moses Doughty is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
  #180
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
If Izzy Stradlin saw that, he would not welcome you to the jungle.
If you were really witty, you would have substituted 'nighttrain' for 'crazy train' on that first one...

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
  #181
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,346
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
If you were really witty, you would have substituted 'nighttrain' for 'crazy train' on that first one...
If Steven Adler saw that, he would make you pee Mr Brownstone.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
  #182
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
This 3 game sweep could be the nail in the coffin. It's not about the wins or the points it's about the chaotic effort this Kings team puts up night to night. You really never know which team is going to show up. One night they'll bore you to tears and you'll be reaching for the remote after the end of the first period. The next night they look like the team most of us thought they would look like before the season started. Brown plays like a man on a mission, Doughty's double chin looks a little bit tighter, Penner, well, he looks like Penner-he's been very consistent. They look horrid vs Columbus in what should have been an easy 2 points, then they show up in Detroit like a Tasmanian devil for 2 periods then go back to suck mode in the final minutes. My blame continues to lye with Lombardi, Brown and Kopitar. IMO, 2 of 3 need to go in the offseason to truly change the pathetic atitude that surrounds this team. Losing is a disease and those 3 character have done plenty of losing at the NHL level, yet they are the leaders on this team. This team needs more winning pedigree from top to bottom, something that has almost always lacked in the Kings organization.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
  #183
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
See TG, this is what myself and others have to put up with.

Really. How have I been enthusiastic. Just a single example?

The closest thing I ever said was that if missing the playoffs was what it would take to get Dumbo fired than it would be better for the franchise long term to miss.

But whatever makes you happy. If you want to think I've been posting and talking about the Kings at HF for 10+ years all while secretly hoping they lose than you go right ahead and think that.
You know Herby, I agree with your response to to RH here.

I think that there is some sort of confusion that should be cleared by everyone including myself. Just because a fan has reached their ultimate level of frustration with an aspect of the team (mgmt etc) doesn't make them any less of a fan or any more of one either.

To me that is just wrong thinking as well as being impossible to tell.

I know Herby to be a super passionate fan and typically praiseful like the rest of us when we are doing things in line with what he sees as being correct and equally so when he sees things he doesn't approve with as well.

The key to me is passion. It's why I think we are all equally great fans of our team. I may not understand what compels people who know in their hearts that haven't a chance to come back and restate their displeasure entirely but I always read what they have to say.

No matter where you are coming from it sucks to watch a team with this much talent struggle so often but there you go. Its what you do with it that makes us all different and such a great fan base.

etherialone is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  #184
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
You know Herby, I agree with your response to to RH here.

I think that there is some sort of confusion that should be cleared by everyone including myself. Just because a fan has reached their ultimate level of frustration with an aspect of the team (mgmt etc) doesn't make them any less of a fan or any more of one either.

To me that is just wrong thinking as well as being impossible to tell.

I know Herby to be a super passionate fan and typically praiseful like the rest of us when we are doing things in line with what he sees as being correct and equally so when he sees things he doesn't approve with as well.

The key to me is passion. It's why I think we are all equally great fans of our team. I may not understand what compels people who know in their hearts that haven't a chance to come back and restate their displeasure entirely but I always read what they have to say.

No matter where you are coming from it sucks to watch a team with this much talent struggle so often but there you go. Its what you do with it that makes us all different and such a great fan base.
No, it just makes them wrong.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
  #185
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No, it just makes them wrong.
Actually, right more often than wrong, but since an "ITYS" is not well accepted...


PSP is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 03:58 PM
  #186
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Actually, right more often than wrong, but since an "ITYS" is not well accepted...

Nah, still wrong and impatient.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  #187
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Actually, right more often than wrong, but since an "ITYS" is not well accepted...

Just out of curiosity, what have the likes of you and Herby have been right about that most of board seem to have been oblivious to?

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
  #188
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
No, it just makes them wrong.
But, since someone mentioned Nietzsche the other day I will bring up one his golden oldies "there aint no wrong and there aint no right" (as interpreted by Mr. PerryFerral).

I could write another one of my 30 paragraph interpretations of ol Gus Jung had to say on the matter but in the end we would have the same sentiment.


etherialone is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
  #189
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
I dont know. Its like we lost the eye of the tigger man.

Mr Irreverent is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
  #190
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what have the likes of you and Herby have been right about that most of board seem to have been oblivious to?
to be fair, when we were dead last in the league in goals for, I believe it was PSP who boldly asserted that we have a scoring issue.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 05:18 PM
  #191
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what have the likes of you and Herby have been right about that most of board seem to have been oblivious to?
Suggest you go back and read some posts from July-October...it is very clear about who was right about what and who wasn't.

tomd is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
  #192
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
to be fair, when we were dead last in the league in goals for, I believe it was PSP who boldly asserted that we have a scoring issue.
Wait a minute, are you acting like this started during the season?

Can't speak for what PSP said. But even KINGS17 has to admit that I have been saying for years that this team was going to have a hard time scoring goals because of the god awful drafting and the lack of attention shown to drafting and acquiring talent.

Since DL has been here all he has to show for his first round picks are a backup goaltender with potential (Bernier), a flop (Lewis), a potentially great player (Doughty), a bust (Teubert) traded for a joke (Penner), a future 2nd line center (Schenn) traded in a package for our 45 point 2nd line center (Richards), a project d-man (Forbort), another pick traded for earlier mentioned joke (Penner).

The Kings horrific first round drafting, where most high end talent comes from, is THE biggest reason why we are having trouble scoring goals and why we don't have any slam dunk prospects in the system.

But ya, PSP and the rest of us just started talking about this earlier this season.

Herby is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
  #193
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Wait a minute, are you acting like this started during the season?

Can't speak for what PSP said. But even KINGS17 has to admit that I have been saying for years that this team was going to have a hard time scoring goals because of the god awful drafting and the lack of attention shown to drafting and acquiring talent.

Since DL has been here all he has to show for his first round picks are a backup goaltender with potential (Bernier), a flop (Lewis), a potentially great player (Doughty), a bust (Teubert) traded for a joke (Penner), a future 2nd line center (Schenn) traded in a package for our 45 point 2nd line center (Richards), a project d-man (Forbort), another pick traded for earlier mentioned joke (Penner).

The Kings horrific first round drafting, where most high end talent comes from, is THE biggest reason why we are having trouble scoring goals and why we don't have any slam dunk prospects in the system.



But ya, PSP and the rest of us just started talking about this earlier this season.
It's a joke that you think a few first round draft picks would have made a bigger difference than acquiring Richards and Carter. Players don't develop over night. So, even if we did make the best hindsight picks, I doubt they would have made a significant difference.

Heck, why don't you just tell us who your MMQ picks would have been in lieu of Hickey, Lewis and Teubert?

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
  #194
King Richards
Dry Island II
 
King Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Suggest you go back and read some posts from July-October...it is very clear about who was right about what and who wasn't.
Yes, let's all argue about who was right about what, and when. Wave that e-peen until all of HF Boards knows you were the all-knowing guru of Kings hockey!

King Richards is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
  #195
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
It's a joke that you think a few first round draft picks would have made a bigger difference than acquiring Richards and Carter. Players don't develop over night. So, even if we did make the best hindsight picks, I doubt they would have made a significant difference.

Heck, why don't you just tell us who your MMQ picks would have been in lieu of Hickey, Lewis and Teubert?
I'm not even talking about individual hindsight picks.

I am talking about the fact that of all the first round picks he has had as Kings GM he has drafted exactly one skilled forward out of the 7 picks. Not a single winger. He has never drafted a winger in the first round in his entire career as a GM. Think about that for a second. You wonder why we have problems scoring goals?

He is not even giving himself a chance because of his fascination with defenseman and "character" forwards.

The only picks I will outright say were disasters were Teubert and Lewis. I have been following Lewis longer than probably anyone here with the exception of SFHomer who watched him in the USHL. There were question marks about his offensive potential at the NCAA level, yet the Kings make him a first round pick, you just can't draft guys like Lewis in the first round. As for Teubert, you also don't draft players who project as third pairing defenseman in the first round.

Hickey, atleast, appeared to have some high end potential to maybe be a Top 4 d-man so that pick wasn't nearly as bad as Lewis and Teubert.

Herby is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
  #196
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'm not even talking about individual hindsight picks.

I am talking about the fact that of all the first round picks he has had as Kings GM he has drafted exactly one skilled forward out of the 7 picks. Not a single winger. He has never drafted a winger in the first round in his entire career as a GM. Think about that for a second. You wonder why we have problems scoring goals?

He is not even giving himself a chance because of his fascination with defenseman and "character" forwards.

The only picks I will outright say were disasters were Teubert and Lewis. I have been following Lewis longer than probably anyone here with the exception of SFHomer who watched him in the USHL. There were question marks about his offensive potential at the NCAA level, yet the Kings make him a first round pick, you just can't draft guys like Lewis in the first round. As for Teubert, you also don't draft players who project as third pairing defenseman in the first round.

Hickey, atleast, appeared to have some high end potential to maybe be a Top 4 d-man so that pick wasn't nearly as bad as Lewis and Teubert.
While I agree that I too have been frustrated with DL's love for dmen and goalies with the first picks, I can't understand your level of anger/frustration because DL picked Lewis and Teubert.

I'm pretty sure most nhl teams, if not all of them have had their shares of first rounders that have not panned out or have been flat out busts.

You could second guess DL all you want, but I honestly think he's done more to improve this team than hurt them.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
  #197
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'm not even talking about individual hindsight picks.

I am talking about the fact that of all the first round picks he has had as Kings GM he has drafted exactly one skilled forward out of the 7 picks. Not a single winger. He has never drafted a winger in the first round in his entire career as a GM. Think about that for a second. You wonder why we have problems scoring goals?

He is not even giving himself a chance because of his fascination with defenseman and "character" forwards.

The only picks I will outright say were disasters were Teubert and Lewis. I have been following Lewis longer than probably anyone here with the exception of SFHomer who watched him in the USHL. There were question marks about his offensive potential at the NCAA level, yet the Kings make him a first round pick, you just can't draft guys like Lewis in the first round. As for Teubert, you also don't draft players who project as third pairing defenseman in the first round.

Hickey, atleast, appeared to have some high end potential to maybe be a Top 4 d-man so that pick wasn't nearly as bad as Lewis and Teubert.
Lewis was a product of Al Murrays scouting system, not Lombardi's.He was going on the advice of his head scout.IMO,if Lombardi isn't GM during that draft we wouldn't have even taken Bernier.
As for Teubert I can see what he was trying to do in drafting a tough stay at home type defenseman[Matt Greene type] which the org lacked.

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
  #198
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Yes, let's all argue about who was right about what, and when. Wave that e-peen until all of HF Boards knows you were the all-knowing guru of Kings hockey!
It is a shame that only blind purple colored loyalty - no matter how misguided or inaccurate - counts for anything these days instead of objective analysis which turned out to be very accurate.

tomd is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  #199
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,418
vCash: 50
This thread's closed for the same reason the other one was.

If you don't like what someone has to say, please start adding people to your respective ignore lists and stop the bickering. The last thing I want to do is make people have to ignore each other, but I'm considering it as an option.

So, again, stop.

Live in the Now is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.