HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks v. New York Rangers 3/9

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I don't buy that a single (possible) bad decision by a (possible) single player really matters, no. It is an 82 game season... players are going to make their share of mistakes. To keep going on and on about them, actually going to the lengths of posting several pictures just to prove such an insignificant point... yeah. Pointless.
At this point, it's a 13 game season. The playoffs still aren't guaranteed.

So yeah, all of the mistakes do matter, even the little ones.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
At this point, it's a 13 game season. The playoffs still aren't guaranteed.

So yeah, all of the mistakes do matter, even the little ones.
Then why not also talk about every single little good play too?

It would be just as logical.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
But who the hell cares?
I do.

/thread

Old
03-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I do.

/thread
Well of course you do... it's an opportunity to hate on your least favorite player.

But you are right with that second part. Not sure why anyone's still posting in here, so I'll go ahead and stop.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
That's pretty inaccurate. Kruger had a chance to clear the puck on the (second?) goal and piddled around with it. And the first(second?) one kane got his pocket picked, though stalberg and whoever the defenseman was both did pretty poor jobs trying to get the puck out.
Stalberg started it with lazy play and a turnover. It all started with VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
LOL ... it's more than "pretty inaccurate". Yes, VS could have been harder on the puck on their first goal and got beat on the boards, but he at least did not let the puck go the other way and Kane was right there near the blue line to pick it up or clear the zone .... and we all saw that fail. Of course Q would ignore that brutal effort and bench Stalberg.
The 2nd goal was blatantly caused by Kruger's fumbling around, and then standing around watching after giving up the puck. Even his assist on the JO goal was a blind cross ice pass that fortunately deflected off the defensive player right to JO at the point, for a nice goal. We'll take it!
It started with VS being lazy and a turnover. he could have avoided it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
This is quite the experienced analysis of those particualr plays.

Kane has puck on stcik near blueline and can't get it out, but it's VS fault because he passed it to Kane?

You even post Kruger is one foot away, how is that not Kruger's job to help secure the puck and get it out? After all, he's only 1' away.

A cross ice pass that deflects to Oduya is somehow one of Kruger's "flashes of offense". I saw a flash and felt whiff when one of his "flashes of offense" showed up early in the game. You might have missed that one, it was 20' between the circles, you know the areas where Kruger excels.
Krüger is able to carry the puck into the zone without losing it. He has done it since Toews is out and the coaches want him to do this more. Now he does it. VS loses the puck while doing this.

And Stalberg still could have avoided it and it all started with VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Something must get lost in translation in games he's watching, I swear.

1st goal. Stalberg moves the puck up the ice and loses his stick. Kane over skates it and does not ensure possession. Rangers goal.

2nd goal, Kruger fails to clear the puck. Rangers score.
1st goal, Stalberg is affraid and doesn't clear the puck, he just gives it to Kane who couldn't do much with the puck and did the wrong thing

2nd goal, Stalberg was lazy and couldn't pass the puck. If he doesn't fail, Krüger gets the puck and the Rangers don't get the chance to score.

I never said I fully blame Stalberg, but MM has to agree with me. He watches the "game within the game". He argue with the same way against players he doesn't really like

Quote:
Now let's see who really lost their assignments on the Prust goal. I will refrain from commentary and let people draw their own conclusions from the screen captures.
standing pictures are really really a good way to judge on the plays

I expected better than that

Old
03-11-2012, 07:38 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Haha. I think I "know" quite enough, thank you.

Debating over a single, isolated play in a game that ended more than 24 hours ago, crying "it was this player's fault!" in response to another poster's claim that "it was THIS player's fault!!!"

Yes, that is intellectual discussion indeed.
It is for these guys !!

Old
03-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
It is for these guys !!
Sorry the discussion got a little deeper than yelling "shoooooot!" on every powerplay the second the puck enters the zone. I'll try to keep you in mind next time.

Old
03-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Stalberg started it with lazy play and a turnover. It all started with VS

It started with VS being lazy and a turnover. he could have avoided it

Krüger is able to carry the puck into the zone without losing it. He has done it since Toews is out and the coaches want him to do this more. Now he does it. VS loses the puck while doing this.

And Stalberg still could have avoided it and it all started with VS

1st goal, Stalberg is affraid and doesn't clear the puck, he just gives it to Kane who couldn't do much with the puck and did the wrong thing

2nd goal, Stalberg was lazy and couldn't pass the puck. If he doesn't fail, Krüger gets the puck and the Rangers don't get the chance to score.

I never said I fully blame Stalberg, but MM has to agree with me. He watches the "game within the game". He argue with the same way against players he doesn't really like

standing pictures are really really a good way to judge on the plays

I expected better than that
Did Stalberg fail t get the puck out on the 2nd goal? OK

Does that play, 8-10 seconds before the goal was scored, relieve the other 4 skaters on the ice of their responsibility? No, it's a team game and this is where this season's team has failed miserably. Nobody really rotates well and covers for their mate.

Really that "trunover/failed clear" has nothing to do with Keith charging out to the point or Kruger letting Prust get position on him down low. Thus a goal is scored.

The freeze frame shot should be more than sufficient to demonstrate who was doing their job at the moment of the goal. Nick Leddy had his man, Kruger lost his check and there was still another Ranger open down low.

Tale of a season in 2 screen captures.

Old
03-11-2012, 08:50 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Did Stalberg fail t get the puck out on the 2nd goal? OK

Does that play, 8-10 seconds before the goal was scored, relieve the other 4 skaters on the ice of their responsibility? No, it's a team game and this is where this season's team has failed miserably. Nobody really rotates well and covers for their mate.
Really that "trunover/failed clear" has nothing to do with Keith charging out to the point or Kruger letting Prust get position on him down low. Thus a goal is scored.

The freeze frame shot should be more than sufficient to demonstrate who was doing their job at the moment of the goal. Nick Leddy had his man, Kruger lost his check and there was still another Ranger open down low.

Tale of a season in 2 screen captures.
Exactly right. As a perfect example, I don't know how many times I've seen a dman pinch for this team and it eventually ends up as an odd man rush the other way... and who gets the blame? Typically the dman who pinched... which is not always accurate, that's for sure. This is a prime example of an epic fail at the coaching level. Q talks a good defensive game but the system the team plays (or lack thereof) does not back it up.
That team game system mentioned by MM is taught in peewee, and yet Hawks fail to execute it on many an occasion?!

Old
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Why is it if they win, it was a great team effort and everyone did their job, but if they lose it's always this or that guys fault. It's a team game you win a a team and lose as a team. When this team loses it's never because one guy failed to execute. Any player, except goalies, can have the worst game of his career and the team can win of the other 19 guys play well. The same goes for winning, no team ever wins because of what one player did.

Except for Sam Gagner.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Sorry the discussion got a little deeper than yelling "shoooooot!" on every powerplay the second the puck enters the zone. I'll try to keep you in mind next time.
Lighten up fella,it was a joke !!

Oh and the "discussion" was about as deep as a wading pool for ants.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:26 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

First Goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDu5N6AsLw

Breakdown: VS battles hard along the boards, chips the puck out towards Kane who is thinking too much ahead of the play and is forced to turn back to get what could've been an easy pass and getting the puck out. As a result of him having to turn back, Mitchell catches up to him lifts his stick, gets position on him, defense is caught out of position as well, goal is scored. Result? VS is benched for a Kane & defense mistake.

Goal 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HZAZjs1c#t=45s

Breakdown: Leddy and Kruger both fail to get the puck out. Kruger helps Leddy to win a board battle, Kruger attempts to make a stupid pass with a ranger player right in front of him (Prust), Prust uses his stick and pokes the puck to his teammate who gets around Sharp, He shoots the puck which Emery stops. Leddy and Kruger both in front of the net, Kruger had the puck right at his feet and failed to get it away from the crease. Prust puts it in the net. Result? VS is benched some more for Leddy and Kruger's mistakes.

Old
03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Steve Larmer

First goal was a terrible, terrible play by Kieth and Seabrook. Kane got stickchecked at the blue line. that happens numerous times a game. Keith made a terrible decision to step up in the play with less than a minute left in the period. And Seabrook has hanging out, just chilling on the boards.

Second goal is 100% Kruger's fault. Not sure how you can blame Leddy at all.

Closed Thread