HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Jump rope exercises for hockey?

Old
03-11-2012, 06:34 PM
IslesZoso

vCash: 500
Jump rope exercises for hockey?

I was eying my daughter's jump rope and was thinking that I could use this for hockey training.

Do any of you guys train with a jump rope? How would it be beneficial to hockey?

And if so, what types of reps/variations should I try out?

Thanks

IslesZoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:56 PM
PuckHogs29

It's a good warm up tool, good for cardio work, balance. Once you get a good rhythm going and have it all figured out, try single leg skips, alternating the legs, double unders, that sort of thing. Incorporate it into any regular workouts if you do any. It's a good way to build your endurance and cardio capacity and just to change things up. The jump rope has some pretty good uses that way.

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:56 AM
BigDuke6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
It's a good warm up tool, good for cardio work, balance. Once you get a good rhythm going and have it all figured out, try single leg skips, alternating the legs, double unders, that sort of thing. Incorporate it into any regular workouts if you do any. It's a good way to build your endurance and cardio capacity and just to change things up. The jump rope has some pretty good uses that way.
I agree. I hate running and way back in high school became good at jumping rope, so it is my primary cardio work. It is actually a great cardio workout once you get good enough and get your rythm down. I can't say that it will provide extra foot speed or agility or anything like that, but it will certainly help your cardio and endurance.

BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
chickennecker

also check out rosstraining.com, hes just came out with a jumprope workout. not very expensive and has a ton of great info, def knows his stuff. has some videos on youtube, def can backup what he says.

chickennecker is offline   Reply With Quote