HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Jesse Winchester

Old
01-14-2012, 02:56 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Yeah, I think they should just make sure that it's never Daug + Konopka + Butler on the ice all at the same time. Double-shift Neil, Condra or Greening to help that 4th line out.
Yeah hate to say it but Daug should be gone next year. Not an NHL caliber player on a good team.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
AlfieIsOurKing
Jumping Folignos!

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...megadrop_story

This story gives a bit more insight as to what has been happening with Winchester.

AlfieIsOurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Brutal, hope hes back this year now...

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Liliaceae
Sens ♥

That really sucks ..hope he starts to feel much better soon.

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:30 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Gaustad is an *******. How that wasn't a penalty, and there was ZERO supplementary discipline just shows how much the officials and Shanahan are biased against this team.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Gaustad is an *******. How that wasn't a penalty, and there was ZERO supplementary discipline just shows how much the officials and Shanahan are biased against this team.
I know it sucks by what hes had to go through, but I still believe that wasn't a penalty. 2 min at the most.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
SenateReform

He'll be a huge help to line up once he's healthy. Definitely one of our most reliable and consistent grinders.

Hope his recovery goes well.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Micklebot

When is this guy coming back? I heard he practiced with no contact (or am I thinking of someone else?)

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:54 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
When is this guy coming back? I heard he practiced with no contact (or am I thinking of someone else?)
I heard he's still at least a week or two away (but no proof or anything, just talk)... if he can't get in games before the playoffs, his season is pretty much done, IMO. Guys like O'Brien & Klink have filled his role, and aren't rusty, as Winchester will inevitably be when he returns.

His concussion was hella-bad, though. Extra time off is never a bad thing for a full recovery.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
NuxFan09

The Senators are loaded with options in the bottom 6 so I doubt there's any hurry for Winchester to return, especially with guys like O'Brien and Klinkhammer impressing.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
The Senators are loaded with options in the bottom 6 so I doubt there's any hurry for Winchester to return, especially with guys like O'Brien and Klinkhammer impressing.
Klinkhammer is great and all, but he doesn't play center. O'Brien is the only thing keeping Konopka on the bench, and I prefer Winchester as our 13th forward.

All that said, I'd much rather Winchester get fully healthy than risk permanent repercussions coming back too soon.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Winchester is da bomb. I wish him well and hope he comes back sooner rather than later.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
TooLow494

Do you guys think he will get a contract next season. Something tells me Smith and McLean are really not seeing eye to eye and he might be gone next season. I really like Smithy over Winny.

What do you guys think?

TooLow494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5000 View Post
Do you guys think he will get a contract next season. Something tells me Smith and McLean are really not seeing eye to eye and he might be gone next season. I really like Smithy over Winny.

What do you guys think?
There is no way this team lets a guy like Zack smith walk. why in the world so you think he is having issues with the coach? Because he was scratched for one game?

Old
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:

What do you guys think?
Make them see eye to eye if true. Smith is an incredibly useful player when he's on.

Anyway, Winny is prolly the best 13th forward option. C/W, done developing, can PK, faceoffs,... but not good enough that you feel guilty of leaving him out of the lineup.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:35 PM
TooLow494

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Make them see eye to eye if true. Smith is an incredibly useful player when he's on.

Anyway, Winny is prolly the best 13th forward option. C/W, done developing, can PK, faceoffs,... but not good enough that you feel guilty of leaving him out of the lineup.
Did you see smith completely ignoring Maclean's instructions in overtime yesterday. Looks really unhappy in interviews as well...

Old
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
HSF

Quote:
Did you see smith completely ignoring Maclean's instructions in overtime yesterday. Looks really unhappy in interviews as well...
Seriously? Now i know how rumours start

Remember how kelly celebrated his goals by giving 'props' and that was it..he muwt hate his team mates.

Just cause he is serious doesnt mean much

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
TooLow494

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Seriously? Now i know how rumours start

Remember how kelly celebrated his goals by giving 'props' and that was it..he muwt hate his team mates.

Just cause he is serious doesnt mean much
Not just me saying this, Sens reporter also questioned this one twitter Sylvain St.Laurent (French version only sorry) http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/stlaur...ce-un-message/

Look i for one hope this is not the case I love smith and i hope he stays...

After i read this then a couple days later i see him clearly ignoring MacLeans instructions especially on a PK and after being benched... might be and hope i'm wrong.

Just something to think about

Old
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Not just me saying this, Sens reporter also questioned this one twitter Sylvain St.Laurent (French version only sorry) http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/stlaur...ce-un-message/

Look i for one hope this is not the case I love smith and i hope he stays...

After i read this then a couple days later i see him clearly ignoring MacLeans instructions especially on a PK and after being benched... might be and hope i'm wrong.

Just something to think about

I don't see what you see here. St Laurent said that back in Dec when Smith had 20 points that some unknown person or persons had let him know that Smith wasn't happy about how he was being used. Next he said some members of the local press had suggested to MacLean that he use Smith at centre. MacLean answered that Smith shouldn't think of himself as something he's not. Meaning that Mac sees Smith as a checker who can chip in but not a full time play making 2nd line centre.

Seems to me 1 or 2 members of the press who's britches are getting too large are the guilty ones here. Here's my interpretation of the scenario. Garr.. err .. I mean some unknown media / press person flatters and pumps up Smith and then says: why don't you play 2nd line centre?
Smith: That's up to the coach
Press: Would you like to play there?
Smith: Of course who wouldn't want more toi

Press now moves on to Stache

Press: Hey Stache why don't you use Smith on the 2nd line
Stache: He's a good checker and PK'er
Press: But he'd like to play there
Stache: Thinking ... so the little B.... has been complaining to the press
Stache: Smith shouldn't think of himself as something he's not.......

Ergo the problem was invented by the press for the press using themselves as unnamed sources. It's not surprising some of the media people use each other as unnamed source just to start controversy. St Laurent just used one of his buddies as a unnamed source in his article who he says whispered this in his ears. Then some other unnamed media people approached MacLean. Notice the only names are Smith and MacLean but the sources are left to the imagination. Problem is that St Laurent as others like him just run with a story as though it was fact when it only hearsay from his own media friends who are stoking each other.

btw) Could you point to the time where Smith ignored MacLean on the PK?

EDIT: Gawd! Sorry....
I got so caught up in this Smith discussion of the last few posts I thought this was a thread about him. I just realized it's about Winchester. Hope he'll be better soon. I don't think Winchester offers a lot to justify re-signing him but he is very good on the PK and works the boards well.

Last edited by Tundraman: 03-11-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Tundraman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Xspyrit

What are you guys talking about?

It would be great if we had to trade Zack Smith! We would probably get one of those famous 2nd round picks back! However, Murray lose every trade

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Going back over the Gaustad incident with Winny, I personally would've called at least a 2 minute boarding penalty.... Nice to see Konopka who was RIGHT NEXT TO THE PLAY do lots about it too... (End sarcasm)

I just hope he's back soon, it'd be nice to keep him for next season.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
playasRus

Hasn't Zach been a checking feisty centre his entire career?
Doubt he would be complaining as a rookie getting close to 15 min toi/game. This all seems made up to me.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Hasn't Zach been a checking feisty centre his entire career?
Doubt he would be complaining as a rookie getting close to 15 min toi/game. This all seems made up to me.
It does seem far fetched. However I can see Smith expecting a bit more considering the success he's been having: he might see it as his once in a lifetime opportunity to get a bigger contract. I think I can understand that, but I don't think he's at odds with McClean on a serious level.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:03 AM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
This all seems made up to me.
Because it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
...but I don't think he's at odds with McClean on a serious level.
Because he's not at any level.

KA BLAMO is online now   Reply With Quote