HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
sens83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Why is the game at 11?
It's some stupid thing they do in Toronto...occasionally some AHL games are played in the morning. You would think it would take away from attendance.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
It's some stupid thing they do in Toronto...occasionally some AHL games are played in the morning. You would think it would take away from attendance.
Grady said that they do the 11 AM start for children. Building is sold out 6,500.

Although I see no reason they could not start @ 1 PM.......

Old
03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Grady said that they do the 11 AM start for children. Building is sold out 6,500.

Although I see no reason they could not start @ 1 PM.......
Color me impressed, i stand corrected.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Color me impressed, i stand corrected.
They have the same thing here in Ottawa with the junior team the Ottawa 67s, where once or twice a yr they will have a game where a number of the elementary schools are invited to the game. I'm not sure if it is free or not but the building is filled with screaming kids. It's been a hit for the last couple of yrs & seems to have become a regular or annual event. And the game also starts in the morning I believe. Good community PR.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:49 PM
NuxFan09

Woops, nvm.

Old
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

BSens practice lines:

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

#BSens practice lines:

Cowick-Hamilton-Parrish,

Grant-Cannone-Petersson,

Dziurzynski-Da Costa-Downing,

Bartlett-Lessard.

#BSens practice D:

Borowiecki-Gryba,
Henningson-Conboy,
Wiercioch-Schira,
Godfrey.

Out Locke, and Hoffman.....
From Joy's list...............

Old
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Locke is day-to-day, Hoffman should be able to play.

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

Corey Locke is day-to-day with an upper-body injury, unlikely for tomorrow's game in Rochester. Mike Hoffman should be able to play. #BSens

Via Joy.....

Old
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
tenpinsplit

can locke be any more injury prone?!

Old
03-08-2012, 12:49 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Let's hope that Lehner takes this team on his shoulders for the remainder of the season & the boys make a run for it to end the season. Nice to see Hoffman is back. Also hope Murray is able to sign a couple of NCAA free agents who may be able to join Bingo before the end of the season. I would also imagine that Blood & Wideman will join Bingo when their season is over along with any of the junior players who will be playing in Bingo next season when their season ends. Should be interesting although unfortunately it could be too little too late.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Let's hope that Lehner takes this team on his shoulders for the remainder of the season & the boys make a run for it to end the season. Nice to see Hoffman is back. Also hope Murray is able to sign a couple of NCAA free agents who may be able to join Bingo before the end of the season. I would also imagine that Blood & Wideman will join Bingo when their season is over along with any of the junior players who will be playing in Bingo next season when their season ends. Should be interesting although unfortunately it could be too little too late.
It basically is. Mathematically I think we have a .5% chance of making the playoffs.

At least based on this site, we do:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/hockey/USA/AHL.html

Old
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Sens Mile

If Blood and Wideman are eliminated in NCAA playoffs tomorrow, you guys should b ready to see an improved D-Core

Old
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Tonite's game Binghamton @ Rochester. Is a TV game

Tonite's game Binghamton @ Rochester.

Is a TV game on TWC #1026 @ 7:30 PM. In the Binghamton area..

If memory serves this is the 1st TV game of the season for Binghamton.....

Old
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Ouroboros

Some comments from Joy's article after the 6-1 drubbing against Rochester...

Quote:
"As a coach, you don't like to be standing behind the bench when it's six-to-nothing, obviously. We don't like to lose, and you don't want to be there. But, when it's six-to-nothing, I love it ... because you see who your character guys are. You really see your team."

Downing and his temporary linemates -- Mike Bartlett and Corey Cowick -- showed Kleinendorst their best, eventually resulting in Downing's sixth goal of the season with 5:01 left.

"Jack was probably our best forward," Kleinendorst said. "He was honest all night long, so I'm not surprised. Bartlett was good tonight; he got a little more ice time. And Corey Cowick, same thing. In the third period, we're playing three lines, so they all got a lot of ice time. They got an opportunity, and they made the most of it, so good for them."

"In a game like that, you're just trying to see who's going to play to the end," added Downing. "I think we had some guys who did that. I think it's just pride. It's just one of those things where it's embarrassing to lose by that much, and you want to go out there and prove to yourself and coaching staff and your teammates and everyone that you're a player."

Asked if it's disheartening to see some teammates give up around him in that type of situation, Downing said, "No comment."

Stéphane Da Costa and André Petersson, who both finished minus-3 for the game, each skated just one shift in the third period.
Things are looking up!

Old
03-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Some comments from Joy's article after the 6-1 drubbing against Rochester...

Things are looking up!
I'm impressed w/ how Downs has progressed this season..DD and him skate well together, great size and hustle, 2 gems in my book..

Old
03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
sens83

I think KK's comments say a lot with saying a little. Obviously calling guys out in the media here doesn't seem to be motivating anyone to try a little hard, i'm talking to you DaCosta and Petersson.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
operasen

Have Senators re-upped with Binghamton for next year?

Old
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
I think KK's comments say a lot with saying a little. Obviously calling guys out in the media here doesn't seem to be motivating anyone to try a little hard, i'm talking to you DaCosta and Petersson.
exactly what i was just thinking.

Old
03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Have Senators re-upped with Binghamton for next year?
Waiting on what's going on w/ the County and the rink..after that is settled and BSens have a place to play it'll be solidified..

Old
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Waiting on what's going on w/ the County and the rink..after that is settled and BSens have a place to play it'll be solidified..
Is there any doubt - that doesn't sound positive when governments (county) get involved.

Old
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I'm impressed w/ how Downs has progressed this season..DD and him skate well together, great size and hustle, 2 gems in my book..
Good for them, I really hope these two have breakout seasons next yr as Klinkhammer has done this yr.

Quote:
Hummm ... with so many here telling us how good these two will be & how they will be sure fire NHLers blah blah blah ... if it's one thing I can't stand, it's quitters, guys who stop playing when their team is down. I have always been coached to play the same in the last minute as you do in the first minute, you never let up, you never quit & you continue to work hard until the horn blows to end the game. Anything less is unacceptable. I would add Filatov as a guy who quits easily.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in the off season with Bingo, who they keep, who they let go & who goes home. After everyone loving KK as coach in Bingo last yr I sure hope they don't start blaming him for some of these players not working hard enough or not developing properly. Players have to put the work in, they have to have a very good work ethic & they have to have the will power to fight through adversity. I assume some do & some don't, hopefully a losing season will help them to determine who the ones are that don't & get rid of them.

Old
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
sens83

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any doubt - that doesn't sound positive when governments (county) get involved.
We have a new county executive who is attempting to "clean house" and "save money." Same empty promises, rumor on the street is that she wants to sell the arena to a private entity, currently the BCVMA is owned by the County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Good for them, I really hope these two have breakout seasons next yr as Klinkhammer has done this yr.

Hummm ... with so many here telling us how good these two will be & how they will be sure fire NHLers blah blah blah ... if it's one thing I can't stand, it's quitters, guys who stop playing when their team is down. I have always been coached to play the same in the last minute as you do in the first minute, you never let up, you never quit & you continue to work hard until the horn blows to end the game. Anything less is unacceptable. I would add Filatov as a guy who quits easily.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in the off season with Bingo, who they keep, who they let go & who goes home. After everyone loving KK as coach in Bingo last yr I sure hope they don't start blaming him for some of these players not working hard enough or not developing properly. Players have to put the work in, they have to have a very good work ethic & they have to have the will power to fight through adversity. I assume some do & some don't, hopefully a losing season will help them to determine who the ones are that don't & get rid of them.
Same here man. There seems to be a few guys every year that just don't have the guts to play out a season or contract commitment. You get out of it what you put into it.

Old
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
We have a new county executive who is attempting to "clean house" and "save money." Same empty promises, rumor on the street is that she wants to sell the arena to a private entity, currently the BCVMA is owned by the County.

Same here man. There seems to be a few guys every year that just don't have the guts to play out a season or contract commitment. You get out of it what you put into it.
Good luck with the arena, hopefully everything works out for the best, meaning best for the fans & not the politicians.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

filatov was a guy who was benched for periods by kk as well. We will find out about all of these guys. Bottom line is the guys with good work ethic will have a chance and the others won't.

Old
03-12-2012, 05:05 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:

Operasen:

The Arena is owned by the county, so the B-Sens have to deal with them to lease the Arena.

County government down here is quite the piece of work. I call them the dementors @ the county almost impossible to deal with as a individual.

Sens are by far the arena's largest tenant with them renting 40+ nites a year. Without the Sens county would run a huge loss on the arena.......................

Old
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
operasen

If they are trying to privatize it, then the timeline could mess up the Sens schedule.

Aragon corresponded with Cyril Leeder about the site (another thread) and he came back with Sens really happy with Binghamton arrangement type of answer.

Hope everyone gets on the same page soon.

Closed Thread