HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
AK is like a whole lot of players. You can't lose him. The day you do, you can't recuperate him. His confidence with us was quite shattered, we never been able to gain him back. And we did that with so many players. A management that doesn't learn, should not be given too many chances to **** it up. Some players respond well to being challenged. Some others don't. You have to know your players. You can't treat them the same way. We still don't get it. Somehow, they would want 20 Mathieu Darche in this team. Yet, a whole lot of heart and solely that will NOT make you win.
I think that has been the absolute mistake from management, or at least, it appears so. They seem to have one way of handling things, if it doesn't work, then it's the player's fault, which is kind of ridiculous, not to say stupid.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
5 games.

Some of you have a huge problem with over inflating certain players. Andrei was inconsistent. Inconsistent players are always traded. Do I agree with how he was used? No. But lets not sit here and act like he was this legendary player. His numbers have been pretty much the same his entire career. He was going to be a UFA and was going to command upwards to $5M. I sure as hell would not give him 5...

If Andrei decides to play every game, he could be a PPG player. Didn't seem like that was going to happen here. So he was traded. He wasn't the right guy for this team. He IS for a team like Nashville. Period.

Stop romanticizing average players.

Get over it.
You are way off in your whole analysis of AK.

First, none of us are considering him as a legendary player. So what's your point?

Second, you seem to overrate him quite a bit by thinking he could be a PPG player or he could get 5M$ after this season.

Stop thinking AK is as good as Datsyuk or Zettenberg or Iginla etc etc... Just so you know, these players aren't even PPG players. So either you think AK is as good as these players or you think these players are lazy, with no heart, inconsistent etc.. It always makes me laugh when I hear, AK is a 40 goals scorer or PPG player if he come to play every games...

I know your little game. Say a player is a potential 40 goals scorer and then use that to bash him because he only score 20!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Assuming a player we dump doesn't improve at all.
1) He gets regular power play time (In Mtl, Darche, Gomez, etc... have had more PP time depending on the period)
+2) He gets regular top 6 linemates. (He's been often on the 3rd and sometimes 4th line)

(+AKost plays on the same line as his brother sometimes (happened very sparingly in Montreal for some unexplained reason)= Even more goals and more points)

Irrelevant bullcrap that gets brought up everytime a player gets dumped out of Montreal:
1) It was his last chance
2) He finally got his head screwed on right
3) He's matured
4) It's a new team
5) It was his problem because he didn't take his opportunity in Montreal
etc...

Fail: How about starting with better linemates and more PP time next time.
You are right. I have no idea why people keeps repeating this over and over again. If it happens to 1 or 2 guys, okay, maybe. But that's not the case. This management has to be looked up at one point, somehow some people keep trying to defend the undefendable.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:45 PM
SouthernHab

The absurdity and incompetence of Martin and Gauthier on display.

Sergei and Andrei have always wanted to play on the same team and even the same line. Its natural. They are brothers who grew up playing together and have chemistry built in.......much like the Sedins.

So what does Martin do? Keeps the Kostitsyn's from playing on the same line. When Sergei expresses his displeasure, he is sent down to the AHL and then eventually given away to Nashville by Gauthier. Fast forward and Andrei is not playing to his full potential nor given the chance to succeed with the expectations of perfection. So what does Gauthier do? Give him away to Nashville to be reunited with his brother.

And some people are surprised that the Kostitsyn's are succeeding in Nashville.

****ing idiots running this franchise.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
AK is playing very similar. I understand they traded him, but the return was poor. If they wanted a new direction, fine, but 2nd rounder? ouch.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Mrb1p

I'm sad. But i'm happy at the same time.. Weird.

I'm sad because we lost 2 of my favorite players. For nothing must I say.

But then..They play great on a cup contending team
Count me in on the nashville bandwagon! (Always loved them!)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM
smon

Quote:
AK is like a whole lot of players. You can't lose him. The day you do, you can't recuperate him. His confidence with us was quite shattered, we never been able to gain him back. And we did that with so many players. A management that doesn't learn, should not be given too many chances to **** it up. Some players respond well to being challenged. Some others don't. You have to know your players. You can't treat them the same way. We still don't get it. Somehow, they would want 20 Mathieu Darche in this team. Yet, a whole lot of heart and solely that will NOT make you win.
Right, I agree on this point. And the funny thing is management acquired a far bigger floater in Rene Bourque.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Right, I agree on this point. And the funny thing is management acquired a far bigger floater in Rene Bourque.
Which they continuously prove they have no idea how to manage those types of guys again and again and again.....

Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
AK is playing very similar. I understand they traded him, but the return was poor. If they wanted a new direction, fine, but 2nd rounder? ouch.
The return was poor because "we" made it poor. With the way RC was using him in the last month before the TD, you know you won't get much for him.

I still have no idea why RC refuses to keep Eller and AK together. Eller is at his best playing with AK. AK was at his best playing with Eller but for some reason, RC rather split them, he even tried Eller on the wing when you have two guys playing struggling playing on separate lines while together, they make a good third line.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The return was poor because "we" made it poor. With the way RC was using him in the last month before the TD, you know you won't get much for him.

I still have no idea why RC refuses to keep Eller and AK together. Eller is at his best playing with AK. AK was at his best playing with Eller but for some reason, RC rather split them, he even tried Eller on the wing when you have two guys playing struggling playing on separate lines while together, they make a good third line.
Guess RC has nothing to lose trying out different things but AK was best with Eller or Plekanec.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Goalchenyuk87

I asked myself the same question... I dont remember seeing AK46 in front of the net like he does in nashville

Goalchenyuk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
One Trick Pony

People talk about how inconsistent Kosty's play was, but did you see how inconsistent his ice time was?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
JAVO16

He did.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Guess RC has nothing to lose trying out different things but AK was best with Eller or Plekanec.
RC wasn't trying things out. The man is just clueless. If he wanted to try things out, then he would have broken up that first line because it's pretty useless to have one good line and keep losing.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:07 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You are way off in your whole analysis of AK.

First, none of us are considering him as a legendary player. So what's your point?

Second, you seem to overrate him quite a bit by thinking he could be a PPG player or he could get 5M$ after this season.

Stop thinking AK is as good as Datsyuk or Zettenberg or Iginla etc etc... Just so you know, these players aren't even PPG players. So either you think AK is as good as these players or you think these players are lazy, with no heart, inconsistent etc.. It always makes me laugh when I hear, AK is a 40 goals scorer or PPG player if he come to play every games...

I know your little game. Say a player is a potential 40 goals scorer and then use that to bash him because he only score 20!
What the hell are you talking about? Seriously. Give your head a shake.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
RC wasn't trying things out. The man is just clueless. If he wanted to try things out, then he would have broken up that first line because it's pretty useless to have one good line and keep losing.
He isn't a very good head coach or at least hasn't proven he is. He tried new things(from his perspective) which is absolutely fine, but he was stubborn when it failed. If habs wanted to win, AK belonged with Eller or Plekanec. I'm not sure you break up first line, but maybe that was a legit alternative.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Classic reply when you realize you don't know what you talking about.

AK a potential PPG player?

AK will make 5M$ next year?

Please...

I am giving my head a shake.. at your post.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Look at that smile on his face He deserves it. **** our management.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
It's pretty obvious what he's saying and he has a point. Many are guilty of judging AK on what he could do and not appreciate what he does. At 3 and change, he was worth the money, if he was expected to be a PPG guy or 30-40 goal scorer, no wonder people wanted him gone.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Man, this is such an empty reply. Insulting too.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Quote:
Which they continuously prove they have no idea how to manage those types of guys again and again and again.....
It's more important to have french sounding names and 4th generation Hall of Fame sounding names than it is to perform due diligence.

Honestly, in my search for answers I am not ruling out this type of perverse dishonesty from Gauthier. It's easier to look like you're doing your job than to actually do your job ( esp. if you don't have skills and you take fans for idiots).

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
It will be hard replacing AK. And Bourque won't do it.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Stradale

Quote:
He isn't a very good head coach or at least hasn't proven he is. He tried new things(from his perspective) which is absolutely fine, but he was stubborn when it failed. If habs wanted to win, AK belonged with Eller or Plekanec. I'm not sure you break up first line, but maybe that was a legit alternative.
For almost a month, our 1st line was the only working line. You don't win game with one line. I agree with Kriss. If he wanted to try things, he should have split the 1st line.

DD was the best center then so I guess by giving him either AK or Bourque, he would make them produce?

So for almost a month, RC was depending on one single line to bring the offense instead of splitting that first line and make 2 potential good offensive line with it.

We never saw things like:

Max-DD-AK
Bourque-Plek-Cole

Or

Bourque-DD-Cole
Max-Plek-AK

Old
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
5 games.

Some of you have a huge problem with over inflating certain players. Andrei was inconsistent. Inconsistent players are always traded. Do I agree with how he was used? No. But lets not sit here and act like he was this legendary player. His numbers have been pretty much the same his entire career. He was going to be a UFA and was going to command upwards to $5M. I sure as hell would not give him 5...

If Andrei decides to play every game, he could be a PPG player. Didn't seem like that was going to happen here. So he was traded. He wasn't the right guy for this team. He IS for a team like Nashville. Period.

Stop romanticizing average players.

Get over it.
Sorry, makes no sense. Strangely, we keep inflating certain players who actually are playing much better elsewhere. So we are not inflating them. This team is deflating them. Andrei was inconsistent. Okay. Geez....who the heck are we to say that we don't need 20-goal scorers on our team based on his "inconsistency"? Are we winning the cup every year so we can decide which 1 piece we can get rid of so we'd continue on our run? And his inconsistency made him score close to 20 goals every year since 2007. That's just like Michael Ryder and how he was the most unuseful 30-goal scorer. See, we are not inflating certains players. People like you are inflating this team as a whole. We do not have the type of team so we can do without players who aren't perfect. Until we are there, let say like the Wings, then we can be demanding and replace the pieces that doesn't specifically respond to our needs. But that will be based on end-result. Some teams can do this. We CANNOT. We do not have the history for the past 18 years to just do without good players 'cause they are just not good enough for us. What it does is that you trade some imperfect guys, looking for better ones....but then they aren't perfect so you trade t hem again....rinse and repeat.

And you have no idea what he is going to ask for. We will see what he'll ask for in Nashville I guess. But you will probably come up with the fact that he went with the "hometown discount" over there whill here he would have asked for the moon. Which clearly, if it's the case, just means that this organization for the past a whole lot of years just can't put in environment together so that players will stick around. Yet, we can also just put it on the journalists' fault if we like it better. I guess it makes some people feel better. Yet, I'd bet it's a lot about WINNING. Something we haven't been able to do for quite some time. At least not in a CONSTANT basis. Which goes back to your Kostitsyn analysis....who the heck is that organization thinks it is? Who are they to judge the inconsistency of their players when they have been worst in that departement themselves. In a year that showed more inconsistency and improvisation that I've rarely seen before.

As far as your last paragraph, well that's about it. Andrei's real criticism is that most people understand and sees that he's a much better talent than what he is actually showing day in day out. He was drafted and seen as the purest natural talent of this whole draft. So if he would have translated that into becoming a real hockey player, he would have been the best player of his draft year. So people, like myself, was mostly frustrated about him because he could have been so much more, and we lost on so many great playeres in this draft that this is what frustrated people the most. But that's a basis for a trade? Seriously? So because he "decided" not to play every game and wasn't a PPG guy, he doesn't have a place in this team? What? Who does then?

How come he wasn't a guy for us? At one point do we have to let every player go because they are not made for us and yet suddenly they are made for their new team?

Old
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Man, this is such an empty reply. Insulting too.
It's an empty reply to someone who just put a bunch of words in my mouth.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote