HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/10/12 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

Old
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
I don't think effort was a problem tonight, the guy in the other next is pretty good at times and he was excellent tonight. Execution could've been better(looking at you Wyman with a wide open net and of course the D at times) but the effort was there.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

The Lightning didn't want it enough.

When Purcell is the second hardest working guy on his line, there's something wrong.

Not enough effort to backcheck by Marty and Stammer late in the game.

The forecheck is also too passive. 1-1-3 ?

I think the Lightning's game was too centered around SFY's comments about the removal of the red line.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 03-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I was so pissed off that I slept badly, thinking of the game. Unacceptable loss

03-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Marty and Stamkos have to be exhausted. They are playing way too many minutes, but I'm not really seeing any other options until Vinny comes back.

Aulie was ok, his gap control wasn't good, but he's a young kid playing his 4th game in a new system and he didn't look any worse than the guys who have been here all season or even a couple of seasons.

Connolly wasn't good last night, but up until now he has been much improved. He just looked off last night. He needs to spend an entire off season bulking up and working out and I think we'll see a major improvement from him.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Kristia ? where are you ?

Awww you came by and I missed it.. I fell asleep before the game started and didn't wake back up until the middle of the third. I was not happy with what I did see...So I just went back to bed.. Think I'm coming down with a cold.

03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Nice, good for him!

It's kinda sad though. The fans and players aside even Boucher seems to have literally zero confidence in Roloson left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
It's just so weird with Roli. I understand he turned 42, but that has to be the fastest falloff I've ever seen. From god to dud in 5 months. He's got to be more frustrated than anybody. As irritated as we are, I bet that if he had known how this season was going to play out, he would have retired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Yeah and SFY cannot be blamed for extending his contract considering how well he played, same goes for Roli himself, no wonder he wanted to play one more season after those playoffs.
Nice to see a few words of understanding here. I hope when all is said and done, Tampa fans will remember the highlights of Roli's career that he spent with the Bolts, as opposed to the lowlights. He's been in this situation before, the difference is this time he's probably run out of time to bounce back.

Been waiting for an article like this - it's for the man's character, perseverence, commitment to the team and professionalism that made me a fan of his a long time ago, and why I continue to stick by him even when he struggles. This season has been a huge disappointment, but for a guy who was undrafted and who has resurrected his career a few times when people thought he was done, he's had a pretty decent run and played alot more and alot longer than anyone ever expected. He deserves respect.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...behind/1219470

Quote:
Dwayne Roloson said he was fully informed of the Lightning's intention to play Dustin Tokarski in net after Matheiu Garon was injured and it was not difficult to accept.

"As an athlete, you want to play," Roloson said Saturday. "But I knew what decisions (coach Guy Boucher) was making and the ideas that he had for me, so I knew exactly what was going on."
Quote:
Boucher said he owed it to Roloson, through "man-to-man conversations," to make sure the goalie understood his decision. "It's important that we talked, and both of us got a feeling of what the other is feeling and thinking," Boucher said. "He's been an absolute pro."

Did Boucher expect anything else? "No, but sometimes things get tough," he said. "I've seen really good people act in really bad ways. But he's been terrific, great attitude on ice, great attitude off ice."

Roloson backed that up with a commitment to help Tokarski. "It's part of being a teammate, working with the guys," he said. "It doesn't matter what situation you're in, it's always team first. Whether it's helping a guy or sitting on the bench or in the press box, you've got to do whatever it takes for your team to win."

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
ryansjake
FOREVER MALONE!

After reading that I would hope he continues to stay on with the organization in some sort of capacity. He definitely would be an asset to our young goalies as a coach/mentor.

ryansjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
Awww you came by and I missed it.. I fell asleep before the game started and didn't wake back up until the middle of the third. I was not happy with what I did see...So I just went back to bed.. Think I'm coming down with a cold.
hey you

you like my new color ?

<---

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:18 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
hey you

you like my new color ?

<---
Congrats!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Congrats!
thanks

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
hockeyfanvan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
Nice to see a few words of understanding here. I hope when all is said and done, Tampa fans will remember the highlights of Roli's career that he spent with the Bolts, as opposed to the lowlights. He's been in this situation before, the difference is this time he's probably run out of time to bounce back.

Been waiting for an article like this - it's for the man's character, perseverence, commitment to the team and professionalism that made me a fan of his a long time ago, and why I continue to stick by him even when he struggles. This season has been a huge disappointment, but for a guy who was undrafted and who has resurrected his career a few times when people thought he was done, he's had a pretty decent run and played alot more and alot longer than anyone ever expected. He deserves respect.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...behind/1219470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansjake View Post
After reading that I would hope he continues to stay on with the organization in some sort of capacity. He definitely would be an asset to our young goalies as a coach/mentor.
Thanks for posting this and for your comments LNOF; nothing surprising at all as far as Roli is concerned but it's great to read, again, that he's continuing, just as he always has throughout the season, to maintain his positive attitude, professionalism, and putting the team first. I'm sure a lot of people in his shoes (or skates ) would've given up on both themselves and the team a long time ago, I know I would've, and spent a lot more time and energy on feeling mad and sorry for themselves, than on supporting the team and doing whatever they could to get better. As LNOF pointed out though, that's exactly why he's had success in the NHL as long as he has, and way longer than most expected. If he'd thrown in the towel the last time everyone said he was done and had given up on him, I have no doubt he'd be at least two years into retirement by now, maybe three. LNOF and I are very much in the same boat about why we've always respected and supported him, even and especially when he's struggling, and again it's so great to read articles like this that speak to his perseverance and character in those times.

Both Yzerman and Boucher indicated in the last week or so that both goalies would have the chance for playing time over the last few weeks, and I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't still be the case, even if Tic gets the majority of starts. Despite the way things have gone for Roli this season, I think both Boucher and Yzerman still respect him enough to not give him lip service and say that he'd be given more opportunities, especially since Boucher clearly respects him; obviously he wouldn't have had man to man talks w/him, and been clear and honest in his intentions, if he didn't. Both Boucher and Yzerman also stated publically that they still have confidence in him to step up and win some games for them, which again I don't think they would've said publically if it was just lip service. So I really hope he will be given at least a few more opportunities, and hopefully they'll be fruitful so he can finish the year strong and his hard work and perseverance through adversity will finally pay off. I know a lot of people have given up hope for him, but I'm definitely an exception and I'm positive he is too. He's certainly been able to surprise people in the past, and I really hope he can do that again and it's not too late. I especially so hope that he'll have the chance to play his milestone 600th game, even if some are in relief; it would be so sweet to see him be able reach that milestone after this tough season he's had.

No matter what happens though, I know he'll keep working as hard as he has been, maintain his great attitude, and continue to do everything he can to support and help both Tokarski and the team. Thanks so much for your comment too ryan; I really hope you're right and I would be really surprised if he isn't still involved in the NHL in some capacity after this year. Especially since he already has experience as a goalie coach with his summer school, I think mentoring and working with younger goalies on an NHL team would be a perfect fit for him. No matter what he ends up doing though, obviously he has many qualities that are valued by most employers in any job, not just hockey, so he'll have lots of options.

Last edited by hockeyfanvan25: 03-12-2012 at 12:16 AM.
hockeyfanvan25 is offline   Reply With Quote