HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
A Nashville-St. lLouis Cup Final would indeed be hilarious because yhery're both in the West Conference. I'll leave it to you to figure out how it could happen.
* hangs his head, but then pulls out: re-alignment? *

In related news, pretty amusing watching the battle of former Habs (well, organization in Sanford's case) goalies in Columbus tonight.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
SherbrookeW

The Kostitsyn case, both of them, is a heart-breaking example of how horrible the Habs have become at managing young talent. By separating them, then trying to get each to play a game not natural to either, then demoting them, then trading in a hissy fit of frustration ....how well I recall Jean Beliveau, no less (may he recover quickly!) praising SK for his skill level. We've been taking gifted young players, putting them rapidly into reverse by refusing to accept that the offensive game that they can play will have certain inevitable costs on the defensive end, and then wasting them -- and then acting shocked when they go elsewhere and thrive. I swear, if the Habs of this period had had Guy Lafleur -- who, let us remember, had a terribly rough first three years -- they would have demoted him, screwed with his head, and then traded him for second round draft picks. (Which are, in the real world where only a minority of second round draft picks even make the NHL, of marginal worth.)
Then everyone would have said that what they need is more big, tough, sandpapery guys. Let's trade Lafleur for Terry O' Neil! I predicted when he was traded, I'll say it again now -- AK will comfortably score thirty five goals in a season for Nashville (or whomever) in the next few years.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry, makes no sense. Strangely, we keep inflating certain players who actually are playing much better elsewhere. So we are not inflating them. This team is deflating them. Andrei was inconsistent. Okay. Geez....who the heck are we to say that we don't need 20-goal scorers on our team based on his "inconsistency"? Are we winning the cup every year so we can decide which 1 piece we can get rid of so we'd continue on our run? And his inconsistency made him score close to 20 goals every year since 2007. That's just like Michael Ryder and how he was the most unuseful 30-goal scorer. See, we are not inflating certains players. People like you are inflating this team as a whole. We do not have the type of team so we can do without players who aren't perfect. Until we are there, let say like the Wings, then we can be demanding and replace the pieces that doesn't specifically respond to our needs. But that will be based on end-result. Some teams can do this. We CANNOT. We do not have the history for the past 18 years to just do without good players 'cause they are just not good enough for us. What it does is that you trade some imperfect guys, looking for better ones....but then they aren't perfect so you trade t hem again....rinse and repeat.

And you have no idea what he is going to ask for. We will see what he'll ask for in Nashville I guess. But you will probably come up with the fact that he went with the "hometown discount" over there whill here he would have asked for the moon. Which clearly, if it's the case, just means that this organization for the past a whole lot of years just can't put in environment together so that players will stick around. Yet, we can also just put it on the journalists' fault if we like it better. I guess it makes some people feel better. Yet, I'd bet it's a lot about WINNING. Something we haven't been able to do for quite some time. At least not in a CONSTANT basis. Which goes back to your Kostitsyn analysis....who the heck is that organization thinks it is? Who are they to judge the inconsistency of their players when they have been worst in that departement themselves. In a year that showed more inconsistency and improvisation that I've rarely seen before.

As far as your last paragraph, well that's about it. Andrei's real criticism is that most people understand and sees that he's a much better talent than what he is actually showing day in day out. He was drafted and seen as the purest natural talent of this whole draft. So if he would have translated that into becoming a real hockey player, he would have been the best player of his draft year. So people, like myself, was mostly frustrated about him because he could have been so much more, and we lost on so many great playeres in this draft that this is what frustrated people the most. But that's a basis for a trade? Seriously? So because he "decided" not to play every game and wasn't a PPG guy, he doesn't have a place in this team? What? Who does then?

How come he wasn't a guy for us? At one point do we have to let every player go because they are not made for us and yet suddenly they are made for their new team?
You seem to forget that he was an impending UFA and odds are he would be looking at what Ruutu got. Habs were obviously unwilling to pay him that kind of money. This is very simple.

Apparently, I bash AK because he has PPG talent . No. I just don't think he's worth signing to a long term deal. Let another team do it. Personally, I'd like to rebuild and AK wouldn't be part of that rebuild. Apparently calling an inconsistent player, inconsistent is bashing him. HFBoards logic.

And yes, the organization has a hard time devleoping talent and makes dumb move after dumb move...but enough with the AK vigil. I'm much more pissed off about losing guys like Ribeiro, Sergei, Streit, Grabovsky, etc...all guys (except for Ribeiro) who were given a fraction of a chance that AK got.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Great highlights by Mr. Halak tonight.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50

He went to the net here too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You seem to forget that he was an impending UFA and odds are he would be looking at what Ruutu got. Habs were obviously unwilling to pay him that kind of money. This is very simple.

Apparently, I bash AK because he has PPG talent . No. I just don't think he's worth signing to a long term deal. Let another team do it. Personally, I'd like to rebuild and AK wouldn't be part of that rebuild. Apparently calling an inconsistent player, inconsistent is bashing him. HFBoards logic.

And yes, the organization has a hard time devleoping talent and makes dumb move after dumb move...but enough with the AK vigil. I'm much more pissed off about losing guys like Ribeiro, Sergei, Streit, Grabovsky, etc...all guys (except for Ribeiro) who were given a fraction of a chance that AK got.
Yet, if you are pissed at losing Sergei, not losing him would mean seeing great chemistry with the bro, which means being closer to a PPG. Okay so you are not bashing. You just don't want him on your team. I'd love to know what you'd do with players you are bashing. And yet, you feel he's just not good enough for what he'll be asking. Or believe Habs were not ready to pay him that amount of money as if they asked him the amount he wanted, which there are no indications they did whether it's from Andrei or his agent.

And apparently, I didn't say that you were bashing him 'cause he has a PPG talent. But clearly you are bashing him 'cause he doesn't use that talent to make him an actual PPG player. But you are basing yourself on the Ruutu salary, yet there other guys out there who didn't get that. But we will surely see how much he'll get in Nashville. A team who most likely will have to part with 1 of their 2 star defense, will give 4,7 M$ to Andrei? And if they did, chances are he WILL show that he deserve every penny of it. Now, I don't believe he'll get that much but we will surely see.

They wanted to part ways with him and all those players 'cause they sucked at developing them. That's a failure admission on their part. Not a revelation that we have to send them away because they'll ask too much money. The day they do, it will mean that they are close at deserving it. Mind you, that's what the UFA market is all about. Getting more than what you actually deserve. But some players that you drafted, that you prefered over a whole lot more in a key draft, players that are known for their talent in a team that ISN'T KNOWN for having a boatload of them, it might be worth surrounding those players and make them produce so that they amount you'll be giving them, you won't regreat it later.

Thing is....chances are they weren't willing to give him any kind of money based on the fact that we already have the great Gomez, Kaberle and Bourque to pay. Not even talking about a surely degressing Gionta on top of that. But hey, now we are going to refer to this organizaiton as being "wise" for not wanting to spend on AKost? Not sure if I should cry or not.....

Old
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because maybe there is more to hockey than stat sheets? "Dark horse for the cup" Everyone in the playoffs is a darkhorse for the cup, give it a rest. Shocking how 28th place habs have a better offense than your darkhorse. Funny how that happens. Pacioretty, Cole and Gionta will probably all outproduce him and Bourque will take his spot on the third line. We have youngsters looking for a shot next year and if we draft someone like Forsberg he will probably also be looking to crack the team. Akost's time was up.

Gauthier selling off superstars like gill and kostitsyn left and right. We should have kept them because they were obviously the reason we are playing so awesome!
Then how else can we see Kaberle's greatness? I mean he's a 40-50 pt D on the stat sheets.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
There he is.

Hey...hey buddy. Did ya watch the game last night?

Haha!! Well my fellow Hab friend...I did watch it (most of it!) and I swear I didn't even have time to find out before the game whether Markov was playing or not and wasn't looking for it (it: #79!), so there was a major element of surprise!! When I saw #79 on the ice I almost dropped my drink!! I could NOT believe he was finally on ice!!! (had to look 3-4 times to make sure!). I really didn't believe it was true!! (live coverage?!! almost didn't believe it was live!). Feels like 3 seasons now since #79 was on ice.

Yes I'm a Markov basher! (I bash the never ending waiting, injury prone body and his miserable interviews/attitude!, and his magic act in playoffs called ''Mr.Invisible''), but...I also do admit that I like his cerebral style and regular season play (when/if he's there!), but still...we need him to stay healthy (obviously) and we need him to prove waaaaay more in playoffs...waaaaaay more (at least for our PP in playoffs).

I've been so excited at the thought of a TOP 5 (OVERALL) PICK, and now...Markov might help us instead get a 8th or 9th or 10th overall pick instead of a top 5 pick (huge difference). Not Markov's fault obviously...he needs/wants to test his knee and looked so happy to finally be playing (I do love that!), but he's still approx. 2 months late in helping our Habs get to playoffs (#$%^&*#$%^&*#$%^&*@#$#$%^&*@#$%&*%*%@#$ ). Blame his very jinxed, very fragile body/knees, I guess!

So, no playoffs and now...we have to nervously wait and see if we move down from top 5 pick to only a top 10 pick. The only thing (only consolation) that can make me forget this miserable season is a solid STAR/SUPERSTAR TOP 5 PICK. Now that Markov is back to test out his knee I feel like our chances of getting a top 5 pick may be dwindling (I really really hope I'm wrong 'cause I really want us to get a TOP 5 PICK or at worst...a TOP 6 PICK).

MARKOV'S SMILE and QUOTE:
he was so excited when hugging Subban after Subbie scored...I do love seeing that (really I do). I wish Markov smiled more often. Maybe having a more positive attitude (smiling more, joking around more often like he is now!) when doing rehab can improve his health a bit!! positive attitude can help the body/mind heal faster or sort of!,etc...). When asked about his knee after the game, Markov replied (with a little sarcastic smirk) ''it's still there!''. See...I like this reply (there's some humor in there!). He does look very happy, still...I won't hold my breath (he's jinxed with an injury-prone body,imo, but I hope the jinx is over obviously but we need to get one more top 4 dman anyway, and at least one more very solid #5-6 dman) but I will hope he will help us next season (lockout??? no lockout???) by staying healthy (and try to avoid being violently bodychecked a la Subban) and helping us when it really counts...playoffs. He still has yet to prove something to our Habs during playoffs. I've already seen way more from Subban and Gorges in playoffs.

p.s.: about A.Kostitsyn, it's quite simple...we just don't have the money to sign everyone (at 3 mil I would have signed A.Kosts...you know he's going for 4mil+...too much for an inconsistent talented forward). Let's concentrate on spending the money right (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Emelin, Leblanc, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Desharnais/trade bait??). We don't have room for A.Kosts/Grabovski/S.Kosts...you can't have 'em all! so choose the best ones and I support the GM for not having Sergei/Andrei/Grabovski...more money for better and more consistent players (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Desharnais?,etc...).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:41 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Do Boston fans still cry over Thornton?

Why do we pine over every fuc king trade. Tit z is not a guy that will go to war which you need to be a stanley cup champion.

He is having fun right now, He will continue to get 20 to 30 goals a year but will never be the all out last minute of a game guy that you must have on the ice because he will come through. Just like Thornton, ribs,Ryder,Lats etc......

Chill, we will get the right team together. Quit crying. It just might be Blake that scores the stanley cup winner in the 7th game double overtime assisted by Schultz and Kaberle in 2014. Holy Hell enjoy watching hockey. It's not a science, it's a game.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Great highlights by Mr. Halak tonight.
I am sure the Blues will trade him soon. Can't have 2 good goaltenders on one team, someone has to be a number 1.

It's a rule.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:01 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Yet, if you are pissed at losing Sergei, not losing him would mean seeing great chemistry with the bro, which means being closer to a PPG. Okay so you are not bashing. You just don't want him on your team. I'd love to know what you'd do with players you are bashing. And yet, you feel he's just not good enough for what he'll be asking. Or believe Habs were not ready to pay him that amount of money as if they asked him the amount he wanted, which there are no indications they did whether it's from Andrei or his agent.

And apparently, I didn't say that you were bashing him 'cause he has a PPG talent. But clearly you are bashing him 'cause he doesn't use that talent to make him an actual PPG player. But you are basing yourself on the Ruutu salary, yet there other guys out there who didn't get that. But we will surely see how much he'll get in Nashville. A team who most likely will have to part with 1 of their 2 star defense, will give 4,7 M$ to Andrei? And if they did, chances are he WILL show that he deserve every penny of it. Now, I don't believe he'll get that much but we will surely see.

They wanted to part ways with him and all those players 'cause they sucked at developing them. That's a failure admission on their part. Not a revelation that we have to send them away because they'll ask too much money. The day they do, it will mean that they are close at deserving it. Mind you, that's what the UFA market is all about. Getting more than what you actually deserve. But some players that you drafted, that you prefered over a whole lot more in a key draft, players that are known for their talent in a team that ISN'T KNOWN for having a boatload of them, it might be worth surrounding those players and make them produce so that they amount you'll be giving them, you won't regreat it later.

Thing is....chances are they weren't willing to give him any kind of money based on the fact that we already have the great Gomez, Kaberle and Bourque to pay. Not even talking about a surely degressing Gionta on top of that. But hey, now we are going to refer to this organizaiton as being "wise" for not wanting to spend on AKost? Not sure if I should cry or not.....
No point even continuing this conversation. Do you even know what "bash" means? I called the guy a 20 goal player who I wouldn't want on my team for $4M+ and yet I'm bashing him? Unreal.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He did. He didn't get a lot of ice time since coaches here have been dumb with him.
He got basically the same amount that game as most of the season here.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Andrei was inconsistent. Inconsistent players are always traded.

[...]

His numbers have been pretty much the same his entire career.
Does not compute.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post

Why do we pine over every fuc king trade. Tit z is not a guy that will go to war which you need to be a stanley cup champion.

He is having fun right now, He will continue to get 20 to 30 goals a year but will never be the all out last minute of a game guy that you must have on the ice because he will come through. Just like Thornton, ribs,Ryder,Lats etc......

Chill, we will get the right team together. Quit crying. It just might be Blake that scores the stanley cup winner in the 7th game double overtime assisted by Schultz and Kaberle in 2014. Holy Hell enjoy watching hockey. It's not a science, it's a game.
There is something called a cup which really help with the crying. Also, with the numerous time that Thornton has shown his inability to bring it when it counted the most, it also helps to ease the pain. But seeing how the trade evolved, they were crying about it a whole lot.

We pine over every trade because we are mostly losing BADLY every single one of them. Hence we don't progress as a team. We cry over it 'cause we have the best head scout in the business and our management does his very best to screw his work by either not developing the players properly or trading them way too soon, or not getting anything in return.

Oh and we do enjoy hockey. We are writing about it on a board every single day. Yet, we have a right to believe that this team is not well managed. But you have the absolute right to be satisfied with what you are seeing. Just that, some others don't.

Old
03-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Does not compute.
lol. Nicely done.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Sergei proving to the world how amazing he is once again !!

Unfortunately, a dumb coach and some ignorant fans pointed the figure towards him... sad...

Jacques Martin and Scott Gomez... I'm looking at you...

A line of Andrei - Grabovski - Sergei would've been killer...sad...
you do know that Sergei Kostitsyn and Grabovski are sworn enemies and that was a big part of why Grabs was traded. That and the fact that Grabs walked out on the team in a similar manner that Sergei did a year later.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Pedro McGuire*

Cause you touch yourself at night.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:23 AM
HabsSlappy

Andrei looks genuinely happy after he scored. I don't remember him smiling like that here. Sure he smiled but not quite like that.

Anyways, I just want to pile on to the horrible asset management this team has.

Montreal has been a place where offense comes to die over the past 10 years. Other than Kovalev and Cole.....I don't remember anyone being as effective here as they were/are on another team.

Giving up Sergei for Boyd, and Ellis was a horrendous trade. Allowing a young player oozing with skill to dictate his future is inexcuseable. And it was not the first time. Grabovsky did the same and Cammalleri did the same (although I was happy Cammy wanted out because he was a gutless, scared little girl on the ice).

This team needs a HUGE management shakeup. From the GM, to the pro scouts, to the coaching staff. They need to find a coaching staff that can nurture young players and get the most out of them. Embrace their strengths and don't try and make them all clones of each other.

Molson has to grow a pair and demand that his new hires have strong leadership. I am beyond being upset, I am now angry. Time to make this franchise what it once was instead of a laughing stock.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because maybe there is more to hockey than stat sheets? "Dark horse for the cup" Everyone in the playoffs is a darkhorse for the cup, give it a rest. Shocking how 28th place habs have a better offense than your darkhorse. Funny how that happens. Pacioretty, Cole and Gionta will probably all outproduce him and Bourque will take his spot on the third line. We have youngsters looking for a shot next year and if we draft someone like Forsberg he will probably also be looking to crack the team. Akost's time was up.
Just curious how you came up with that little bit of trivia I quoted in bold? I suspect you either:
- Guessed
- Made it up

If I had to guess at the point you are trying to make, I suspect you might be trying to say that our leading point scorers have more points than their leading point scorers. Which is absolutely true. 56, 52 and 49 points against 49, 44 and 41 points (although the lowest total GP of those three Habs is higher than any of their top three scorers GP). But the topic of discussion is in regards to their offensive ability as a team, not just their top scorers (if that is indeed the point you were trying to make). And you think the "Habs have a better offense" than the Preds?

Well, lets look at some stats:

Goals for: Nashville has 195 goals in 68 games which has them tied for 9th league wide. Montreal has 183 goals in 69 games which has us tied for 16th league wide. This of course means that Nashville has a better goals per game average than the Habs. If you factor in goal difference to show the balance of the teams, Nashville is +20, Habs are -10.

PP ranking: Nashville has a PP% of 21.4% right now, good enough for 2nd in the league overall, only 0.4% behind 1st place. Montreal has a PP% of 15.4%, good enough (or perhaps bad enough) for 26th league wide, 6.4% behind 1st place.

PP goals: Nashville has 46 PP goals on 215 opportunities. Montreal has 39 PP goals on 253 opportunities.

Lets take the top 10 points scorers on both teams. 10th place on the Habs has 16 points. 10th place on the Preds has 29 points. Combined, the top 10 on the Habs have 331 points. Combined, the top 10 on the Preds have 384 points.

Nashville have 10 players who have scored 10 or more goals this season. The Habs have 5 players who have scored 10 or more. Both teams have two guys who have hit 20 goals this year but we have one who has hit 30, they have none.

Ultimately, we currently have higher end producers than they have, but that higher end scoring ability tails out rather quickly in our lineup and gives way to their far superior scoring depth. And seeing as you were talking about the better offense of the respective teams as a whole, there are very few areas where the Habs can lay any claim to having a better offense than the Preds right now.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:31 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post

Your argument would hold some water if the Bruins hadn't screwed up simply on the Thornton trade. Would they be happy campers if after two or 3 seasons they had shipped out Thomas, Krecji, Kelly, Beverley and 6 or 7 other players and received nothin?. And by the way the GM that made the THornton trade was fired. The GMs who made the dumbtrades in Montreal are still with the team

There are few facts you need to look at. Since 2003 Timmins & his staff have drafted 18 NHLers. The team with next amount of drafted NHLers is Philly with 9. Do you realize what 18 players represent. Almost a complete hockey team. Timmins picked 18 players that can play in the NHL yet we're in 28th place.

Why? Because of those 18 players drafted 11 were shipped out. And not simply traded. Most of them were given away. Here, we don't want this garbage player take him off our hands. And the problem is that's it's not only with the players that Timmins drafted it's also with the previous players.

Ryder: we got nothing to show for.
Ribeiro: again didley squat
Hainsay: Go away you're too much problem
Vokoum: We got too many good goalies
Theodore: Still too many god goalies
Beauchemin: we have Komisarek get rid of this scrub
Komisarek: we don't negotiate during the season, go away
Koivu: thanks for the memories, take your bag and goodbye

And the list goes on and on. If half of the players we gave away turned out to be garbage, I could say yeah okay, management is working at a 50-50 rate. But most of the players found wanting in Montreal turned out to be excellent to serviceable players on other teams. Why?

Take Ryder for an example. The first three years he averages almost 30 goals a season. Management didn't like something so they kept signing him to one year extensions until he finally had a bad season and then they found their excuse to rid themselves of him. As if Ryder was bringing down the team. He was a $%&^%$ asset. You don't devalue your assets by sending them to the press box. Funny how Ryder is a decent NHL player yet we let him walk for nothing. But if Ryder was the only player, sure we could accept that. Every team has those brain fart moment. But it isn't just Ryder. It's a long, long list of players.

And against that long list the Gauthier/Gainey fan boys mention the Rivet & Kovalev trade.

I have two things to say about those two trades.

1)Even a broken clock is right twice a day so that proves that Gainey is as bright as that broken clock.

2) If you look at the trades it goes to exemplify my point even when you think Gainey did something right. With the Kovalev trade he offered Sather Balej or Pleks. Sather picked the wrong player but it still proves that Gainey doesn't know what he's doing or has the wrong people advising him. Then with the Rivet trade he gets Gorges and a 1st that becomes McDonagh. McDonagh gets traded with other pieces for Gomez. So the Rivet trade is for Gorges & Gomez minus Higgins & Valetenko. Doesn't look all that good now does it. That's Gainey's tenure over and over again. Bad decision making....excuse me no not bad....atrocious decision making that should have had him out on the street years ago. And Gauthier is only slightly better than him.

When it comes to GMing Gainey is lost at sea without a paddle or a compass. He was a great player but as a GM in Montreal he's giving Milbury a run for his money as the dumbest GM ever. And Mr. Gauthier is not far behind. Houle must be smiling from ear to ear and thanking God that Gainey and Gauthier are working for the Habs.

Last edited by onice: 03-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
choose the best ones and I support the GM for not having Sergei/Andrei/Grabovski...more money for better and more consistent players (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Desharnais?,etc...).
That is totally "unbiased" opinion right here
Paci - his first full season. How can one claim he is more consistent?
Eller - same as Paci
Desharnais - see above.
Subban - have you watched him play this year? More consistent in what? Not doing his job as a D? Or starting scraps?
Price - When was the last time you checked his stats? He is in 21-st place in GAA and you have to flop the page of NHL.com to see him on shooting percentage list. Consistently far below average?
You could add Darche to this list. He is consistently bad. But consistent
Lol that really made my morning, I'll be smiling all day

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Qui Gon Dave

By the way, for anyone looking for something to do after the Habs game tonight, should be worth tuning in to the Ducks game. If he plays tonight, Saku Koivu will play in his 1000th career regular season game, a milestone he would have hit years ago if he had been more fortunate with illness and injuries (as we all know).

Best of luck to Saku tonight, congrats for making it this far when there were a few times it looked like events may conspire against him. To one heck of a player, a great inspiration to sportsmen and women the world over and a guy who has done a lot of good work to help benefit others. Hopefully at some point, he gets to lift the Stanley Cup and point to his engraved name on it for years after.

SAKU

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
When players are given a new start, they really give it all. Just like when anyone start a new job!

We gave many chance to AK up until 2 months before his UFA status. If he have great success i'll just be happy for him. TRading a pending UFA when you are out of the playoffs is good asset management,

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I willing to bet Akost has 6 pts over 5 games quite a few times for the Habs. The guy is a streaky player and he was due for a hot streak. That is what he does and at the same time, why he was so infurriating. Just so damned inconsistent.

Unfortunately for the Habs, he was on a bad streak the month leading into UFAgency, negatively affecting his trade value. Apparantly, nobody was calling about him. At the end of the day, it was take the 2nd and 5th or risk losing him for nothing. I guess when he took his services elsewhere we would whine about it when the likes of Mcguire report that we could have had a 2nd and 5th for him but lost him for nothing, blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 03-12-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:17 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I am sure the Blues will trade him soon. Can't have 2 good goaltenders on one team, someone has to be a number 1.

It's a rule.
It is a rule.

No goaltender is content splitting time and being capable of being the number 1 guy but not getting the starts.

Blues have to pick a man and stick with him in the play-offs. Shuffling the deck will cost them.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote