HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#69 | New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers | Mar 11 | L 3-4 (OT)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
NiGhtt

vCash: 500
Lol @ blaming Paranteau for ANYTHING. He was the cause of 2 goals.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Isles1983

LOL Destiny! I'm STILL hysterical over that cartoon! Anyway we really need to get rid of Wang, Capauano, and Snow....get people into the organization that know what they are doing. That idiot Wang gives that waste DP a 65 million dollar contract when hes played liked 1 game the whole freaking season and we could have put it towards a new Coliseum instead. Snow doesnt have a clue what hes doing...reminds me of the Milbury days, and Capuano is not an NHL coach. I mean seriously we got rid of Lavi and Nolan for THIS?

Old
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
We are too far ahead in the race for the #1 pick overall. Most likely finish in 4th or 3rd worst record.
In Cappy, we trust--- we can do it !!!!!

Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
It is so obvious Capuano doesn't give a **** anymore. After a loss to the Rangers he talks about giving the guys a day off tomorrow.

Go **** yourself you fat ****.
KFC must be having a special promotion on Mondays...

Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Isles1983

Sigh...I was only keeping up the family tradition of being an Islander fan...now I'm stuck with them...

Old
03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Isles1983

My brother said tonight that he feels REALLY bad for JT that hes such a good player and is stuck playing the Isles. I absolutely agree. This pathetic excuse of a team doesnt deserve him.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGhtt View Post
Lol @ blaming Paranteau for ANYTHING. He was the cause of 2 goals.
How come Tavares can score and not cough up the puck that would lead to a penalty in overtime? Moulson scores 30 goals a year and I don't see him taking penalties or turning over the puck every night like I see Parenteau do.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
My brother said tonight that he feels REALLY bad for JT that hes such a good player and is stuck playing the Isles. I absolutely agree. This pathetic excuse of a team doesnt deserve him.
I agree.

I'm hoping he'll flex his muscle a bit and tell mgmt what this team needs and what kind of players are important. I'm all fora face lift which includes trading Okposo, Grabner, and anyone who is not Tavares, Hamonic, or Matt Martin.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
JTforPres2012

I was at the game tonight, and a couple of weeks ago when the season was officially over, people were saying they wouldn't mind seeing the blue-skirts win the Cup. Their fans alone make me want to throw up, along with their dumb "Potvin Sucks" chants every two minutes.

It's beyond amazing, every game, I just think how good Tavares really is. It's unbelievable, how he easily goes through teams without breaking a sweat. And honestly, besides the dumb penalties and players like Pandolfo who can't hit a puck more than two feet on a PK, I feel like it was quite an effort tonight just in how they'd respond after yesterday's loss. Players like A-Mac sacrificing their whole body to block a shot, Hamonic always working hard. It's players like those who this franchise needs to build around (obviously along with JT, etc...) to hopefully turn this team around.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
No Need To Vanek

That water bottle Cappy loves so much must have some good vodka in it.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Isles75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
I was at the game tonight, and a couple of weeks ago when the season was officially over, people were saying they wouldn't mind seeing the blue-skirts win the Cup. Their fans alone make me want to throw up, along with their dumb "Potvin Sucks" chants every two minutes.

It's beyond amazing, every game, I just think how good Tavares really is. It's unbelievable, how he easily goes through teams without breaking a sweat. And honestly, besides the dumb penalties and players like Pandolfo who can't hit a puck more than two feet on a PK, I feel like it was quite an effort tonight just in how they'd respond after yesterday's loss. Players like A-Mac sacrificing their whole body to block a shot, Hamonic always working hard. It's players like those who this franchise needs to build around (obviously along with JT, etc...) to hopefully turn this team around.
I really Don't get why everyone gets so upset about the Potvin Chants. The fact that Ranger fans still chant his name in any form—still 20 years since he retired—is a tribute to perhaps the best Defenseman ever to play the game since Booby Orr. They know it and we know it. Every time they mention his name in MSG, it's a tribut to a NY Islander that led the Islanders to 4 straight cups. Ranger fans know it was an era that is too good to forget.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Islanders1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles75 View Post
I really Don't get why everyone gets so upset about the Potvin Chants. The fact that Ranger fans still chant his name in any form—still 20 years since he retired—is a tribute to perhaps the best Defenseman ever to play the game since Booby Orr. They know it and we know it. Every time they mention his name in MSG, it's a tribut to a NY Islander that led the Islanders to 4 straight cups. Ranger fans know it was an era that is too good to forget.
I like your perspective. This is how I will think about it from now on.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Potvin, himself, says, "It kind of immortalizes me in the building that hated me most."

What bothers me is that many of the fans who do it do it because "it's the thing to do", and they don't know the origin of it, nor do they know that Ulf Nilsson, the guy who took the hit, said it was a clean it. So that's what bothers me about it. I was 3 1/2 when that hit took place, I don't remember it, but with that said, I know that there are many Ranger fans who are 3 1/2+ years younger than me, and yet, they chant without any real knowledge of its origin.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Potvin, himself, says, "It kind of immortalizes me in the building that hated me most."

What bothers me is that many of the fans who do it do it because "it's the thing to do", and they don't know the origin of it, nor do they know that Ulf Nilsson, the guy who took the hit, said it was a clean it. So that's what bothers me about it. I was 3 1/2 when that hit took place, I don't remember it, but with that said, I know that there are many Ranger fans who are 3 1/2+ years younger than me, and yet, they chant without any real knowledge of its origin.
Not only was the hit clean but nillsson got his skate caught in a rut in the crappy MSG ice.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Isles75

Quote:

By saying Potvin Sucks, they think they are demonizing the man and the Islanders. What they are really doing is paying tribute. Hate is a strong word. The fact that Potvin and the teams he captained, have inspired so much hate is something special. Ranger fans, especially the ones that lived through our Drive for Five, hate that team and Potvin. Now think, do we hate any Ranger with that much anger? Hell, I lived through 1994 and I forgot about it the very next year. Why? Because there is nothing special about the 1994 NY Rangers. A team that the Devils a round earlier had beat, but that's a story for another time. There is nothing the NY Rangers have done that I hate. Why? I focus on my team, the NY Islanders. The fact that Ranger fans can't stop thinking about Potvin, makes me laugh my ass off.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:11 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Sucks to be us.

Fail for Nail.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Sucks to be us.

Fail for Nail.
Oh how I wish Nail was anything but Russian. Nothing against Russians, but the KHL is so much more appealing than the Islanders. I'm hopeful for Matthew Dumba.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Isles75

Quote:
Oh how I wish Nail was anything but Russian. Nothing against Russians, but the KHL is so much more appealing than the Islanders. I'm hopeful for Matthew Dumba.
I don't know why we get excited about any draft stud. The Isles are about to embark on their usual late season course. THE Isles will continue to find endless ways to loss for about another 5 to 6 games. Which will of course eliminate them from play-off contention. Then the Islanders will win 6 or 7 out of their final 10 games and take themselves out of the prime 1-3 draft slots.

Old
03-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
I don't know why we get excited about any draft stud. The Isles are about to embark on their usual late season course. THE Isles will continue to find endless ways to loss for about another 5 to 6 games. Which will of course eliminate them from play-off contention. Then the Islanders will win 6 or 7 out of their final 10 games and take themselves out of the prime 1-3 draft slots.
The team's a mess. Unfortunately, it's really that simple.

Old
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
camper

out hit 24-13 by the rags says it all.........on life support Martin ties the hit count up. He must have a bad bug to be out 2 games?

Old
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
djavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
Funny, not sure if your perspective is the consensus of Isles fans here but I suggested that could it be conceivable that JT do what Rick Nash recently did in Columbus and it was blasphemous to raise this

Old
03-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Nothing further to discuss.

CLOSED.