HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Schenn-Richards comparison

Old
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Reading this thread makes me want to puke... You guys want to **** us for some of our great defensive prospects too? Hickey, Forbort, Deslauriers???

Anyhow, you guys have an amazing team. Although last nights game with Toronto was ***** on all accounts.
If it makes you feel any better, I wanted Voynov over Schenn in the Richards deal. He's a stud top-pairing defenseman in the making, which is something the Flyers desperately needed (and still need) more than another forward this past offseason.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
ChiTown Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
I thought I was crazy when I first noticed that earlier in the year, but he really does.
I've been saying this for a while. You are crazy. Wait. No. The other thing. He DOES look like Gags.

ChiTown Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I don't think schenn is the sniper gagne was in his prime. I don't see schenn being a 47 goal scorer. He doesnt have the nose for the net gagne has. Schenn is a lot more physical and while gagne is great defensively, schenn has the potential to be a more well rounded player. I see a smoother, faster mike Richards or a less offensively dynamic johnathan Toews.

You're talking all over yourself.

A. Not a 47 goal scorer . . . we don't even know what an in-his-prime Schenn looks like yet, let alone playing on a line with Forsberg.

B. Schenn pretty obviously has more of a nose for the net than Gagne. The one thing I'll agree with is that Schenn is not the shooter Gagne was, as that's how Gagne scored his goals (not driving the net, for the most part).

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
RyK15*

I think Schenn is way too scrappy and physical to be Gagne

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
You're talking all over yourself.

A. Not a 47 goal scorer . . . we don't even know what an in-his-prime Schenn looks like yet, let alone playing on a line with Forsberg.

B. Schenn pretty obviously has more of a nose for the net than Gagne. The one thing I'll agree with is that Schenn is not the shooter Gagne was, as that's how Gagne scored his goals (not driving the net, for the most part).
How do you figure, sports fan?

Gagne has a great nose for the net. How many of his goals have been scored off of rebounds with him alone at the side of the net at the right place at the right time? or getting himself into scoring position undetected?

Pretty hard to say that schenn has a better nose for the net than a proven goal scorer, when he has 9 career goals in over 40 games.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
How do you figure, sports fan?

Gagne has a great nose for the net. How many of his goals have been scored off of rebounds with him alone at the side of the net at the right place at the right time? or getting himself into scoring position undetected?

Pretty hard to say that schenn has a better nose for the net than a proven goal scorer, when he has 9 career goals in over 40 games.
I have attentively watched the large majority of both players' NHL careers. That is how. I never said Gagne was allergic to the net and that Schenn is the next Holmstrom. If you watch them play, you can see for whom playing near the net is a bigger element of their offensive game. This is particularly true if we're going to compare 47 goal Gagne to Schenn. Most of those Foppa-era goals were not of the ugly variety.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote