HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2012, 05:17 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
VANDY SEC CHAMPS WOOOO

My friends and I going nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Old
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
VANDY SEC CHAMPS WOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You left out some H's...there, fixed that for ya.

Old
03-12-2012, 07:34 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
VANDY SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPS WOOOO

FTFY...

cats only have room in the trophy case for one more trophy this year, so they are saving room...

seriously....congrats vandy... the only other SEC team I dont just totally hate... we showed those football pukes, right??

Old
03-12-2012, 08:12 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Congrats to Vandy. I thought Calipari completely botched this tournament by playing his starters so much while complaining about how useless the tournament is for Kentucky. If it's so useless, why was he playing starters close to 100 minutes each in 3 days? Why risk injury and extreme fatigue?

As for Vandy, if they would bring the effort and defensive intensity to the tournament that they bring to each UK game, they'll mess up people's brackets.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 03-12-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old
03-12-2012, 08:51 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Congrats to Vandy. I thought Calipari completely botched this tournament by playing his starters so much while complaining about how useless the tournament is for Kentucky. If it's so useless, why was he playing starters close to 100 minutes each in 3 days? Why risk injury and extreme fatigue?

As for Vandy, if they would bring the effort and defensive intensity to the tournament that they bring to each UK game, they'll mess up people's brackets.
um... because the UK bench is exactly 2 players deep....

seriously, Cal is all talk.. I honestly think all he wanted to do in the SEC tourney was make the players realize they cant just show up and win... plus the freshmen had zero "tournament" exposure before this so they needed the experience, even if at the expense of rest...

I realize saying things like "this was a good loss to take" sounds like sour grapes but losing yesterday was probably better for the Cats' tournament chances than winning would have been...

Old
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
um... because the UK bench is exactly 2 players deep....

seriously, Cal is all talk.. I honestly think all he wanted to do in the SEC tourney was make the players realize they cant just show up and win... plus the freshmen had zero "tournament" exposure before this so they needed the experience, even if at the expense of rest...

I realize saying things like "this was a good loss to take" sounds like sour grapes but losing yesterday was probably better for the Cats' tournament chances than winning would have been...
I honestly don't know what Cal was trying to get at with his words of the tourney being pointless. Maybe it's so the players feel like they don't have as much pressure. Who knows? But congrats to any Vandy fans. Not winning a conference tourney since 1951 must be rough.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
token grinder

I would have been more worried if I were a UK fan if they ad won. Me and a buddy were hypothesizing that Calipari kinda maybe lost the game on purpose. Not throw the game, but not put the kids in the best chance to win kinda throw. He needed a teaching moment and now has it.

Old
03-14-2012, 08:54 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Ugh... I NEVER usually EVER worry about the attention the Preds do or do not get.

BUT, if the Titans sign Peyton in the next days/weeks/month, I feel like it will absolutely KILL ANY momentum the Preds have generated over the past 12 months. Instead of talking about us being Cup contenders, how great the crowds have been, etc, we will have nothing but Peyton stuffed down our throats every hour of every day.

Old
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Ugh... I NEVER usually EVER worry about the attention the Preds do or do not get.

BUT, if the Titans sign Peyton in the next days/weeks/month, I feel like it will absolutely KILL ANY momentum the Preds have generated over the past 12 months. Instead of talking about us being Cup contenders, how great the crowds have been, etc, we will have nothing but Peyton stuffed down our throats every hour of every day.
yeah, I am pulling for Miami in this one....

Old
03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post

I'm pulling for the Cardinals ... considering what they're about to go through

Old
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Hard for me to root for the Cardinals. I want them to lose a little more after doing that stupid Kevin Kolb trade and giving him that ridiculous contract on top of it.

Old
03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Gotta give a shout out to my WKU Tops. Yeah we'll get killed by UK but even being in this spot is awesome.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
RollingPredFan

Oh come on I want Manning, I'm a Titan fan too, theres room for everyone. We'll get plenty of coverage it's different now. Having said that I doubt we get him anyways......

Old
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm torn between wanting Manning to come here, and wanting him to go somewhere else so the Preds don't get lost in the shuffle. I am a Titans fan, but I'm between casual and hardcore. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Manning came here. I doubt it would hurt the crowds at the Preds games, either, and we have our blogosphere to keep us in the loop. We haven't needed any other local media in a while.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

manning isn't coming to nashville.. and ill be glad. I hate manning and the titans

Old
03-14-2012, 05:17 PM
pekkaslap

I like both the Titans and the Preds and root for them both to do well. Crazy I know, but I do.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
I like both the Titans and the Preds and root for them both to do well. Crazy I know, but I do.
Home Team!!! Seriously, I wonder how some Preds fans could survive in a 4 sport city. I get it if someone just isn't a football fan, or has a long history of being a diehard fan for another team from before the Titans came. Otherwise there's no good reason not to root for them.

As for Manning... please no! I've been busy hating him for the last 16 years, Hasselbeck and Locker are plenty good enough, bringing in Manning would mean less resources to fill other holes that desperately need help.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Same here. I want both teams to do well and cheer for both on game day. Never understood the inter-league hate. When I was nothing but a football fan I heard lots of badmouthing of hockey. When I got in on the Preds I got lots of badmouthing of football. I just gave up and ignore everyone now.

Go teams!

Old
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
predfan24

I'm only a casual Titans fan but I'd love to have Peyton come here. It would create such a buzz around town and even I would be semi excited about next season. Hell I might even pay to go to another game(The last game I went to was the Titans-Ravens playoff game a few years back and I vowed to never go to another game unless it was free)

Old
03-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'm only a casual Titans fan but I'd love to have Peyton come here. It would create such a buzz around town and even I would be semi excited about next season. Hell I might even pay to go to another game(The last game I went to was the Titans-Ravens playoff game a few years back and I vowed to never go to another game unless it was free)
I'm a die-hard/fanatic Titans fan. But even I don't enjoy going to live games. IMO Hockey, Baseball and Basketball are mostly better in person than on TV, and Football is wayyy better on TV than in person.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Traded Legwand
Vote for Weber

Hope Peyton signs in Arizona personally.

I don't care for the titans one bit.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I could care less about the NFL altogether. I'm a Preds die hard and don't want anything to disrupt our swagger right now. Hope Manning signs elsewhere just due to this alone.

On a side note, I have my hotel booked in New Orleans for the Final four so UK better freaking make it.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
IMO Hockey, Baseball and Basketball are mostly better in person than on TV, and Football is wayyy better on TV than in person.
I agree with this. Basketball can go either way but hockey and baseball are much better in person than on TV. I would imagine soccer is better in person but I've never been to a soccer game in person.

Old
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Hockey >>>>>>>>>>> Football >>>>>>>>>>> Baseball >>>>>>>>>>>> Boresketball

Old
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote: