HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
  #26
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Dougie can't come as an emergency recall.

Our D corps isn't decimated to the point where the Bruins could convince the league to grant this type of recall.

Zanon
Mottau
Bodnarchuk
Warsofsky
Cohen
Button

All of these guys would need to be hurt in order to get Dougie out of juniors.
Not true.

Colt.45Orr is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 09:06 PM
  #27
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Where did he get hit? foot? leg?
Looked like it hit him on the side of the knee or just below the knee.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
  #28
Hairz
Registered User
 
Hairz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
We need a everyone good to go for playoffs or were not getting out of the second round. Horton is a huge loss.

Assuming Crosby comes back and is healthy, I can't see us getting by Rangers or Pens.

Hairz is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 06:44 AM
  #29
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairz View Post
We need a everyone good to go for playoffs or were not getting out of the second round. Horton is a huge loss.

Assuming Crosby comes back and is healthy, I can't see us getting by Rangers or Pens.
I wouldn't see us getting past the Sens, Devils or Caps either to be honest.

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
  #30
Kosikarzzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,228
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Didn't like the Boychuck hit....but I saw the highlight of the Mcquaid hit. Looked like a flying elbow to the head. Just saw the clip twice but both times that is what I saw. Did anyone else see that? Is that legal...because they scored...

Not liking the Bruins being on the wrong end of hits....but Shanny must be. I feel there is a big unjust going on and I can't beleive the media/Shanny bought into that crap propaganda that the bruins were that dirty. So much so that its open season on all Bruin players.

Maybe its just me...

Kosikarzzz is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
  #31
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wakefield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
this team is hurting (literally) right now

Kiss My Rask is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
  #32
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Not true.
It is partly.

According to Dom, 3 players have to be hurt at the same time. However, many teams fill those slots with ahl players.

The Bruins would likely call on their AHL guys first.

If something happens on the road however and an AHL prospect isn't able to get there in time, the team can call up a guy from the OHL for one night.


People need to get it out of their heads that Dougie is going to play here this season.

He will be here next season and be prepared because he will be treated the same way Seguin was.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
  #33
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
Didn't like the Boychuck hit....but I saw the highlight of the Mcquaid hit. Looked like a flying elbow to the head. Just saw the clip twice but both times that is what I saw. Did anyone else see that? Is that legal...because they scored...

Not liking the Bruins being on the wrong end of hits....but Shanny must be. I feel there is a big unjust going on and I can't beleive the media/Shanny bought into that crap propaganda that the bruins were that dirty. So much so that its open season on all Bruin players.

Maybe its just me...
Not just you, it's true.

Imagine it was Lucic crushing Malkin with that hit..! Easily 5min MAJOR for boarding, game misconduct, and disciplinary hear with Uncle Shanaban. Shanny has lost complete control of disciplinary process, it's a bigger joke than it was under Campbell.

Oates2Neely is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
  #34
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
It is partly.

According to Dom, 3 players have to be hurt at the same time. However, many teams fill those slots with ahl players.

The Bruins would likely call on their AHL guys first.

If something happens on the road however and an AHL prospect isn't able to get there in time, the team can call up a guy from the OHL for one night.


People need to get it out of their heads that Dougie is going to play here this season.

He will be here next season and be prepared because he will be treated the same way Seguin was.
And I couldn't be happier on both counts!

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 09:56 AM
  #35
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
And I couldn't be happier on both counts!
You and me both but I can't wait to see the threads about him being mismanaged

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 11:24 AM
  #36
Saxon Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mendon/Greenfield NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
It is partly.

According to Dom, 3 players have to be hurt at the same time. However, many teams fill those slots with ahl players.

The Bruins would likely call on their AHL guys first.

If something happens on the road however and an AHL prospect isn't able to get there in time, the team can call up a guy from the OHL for one night.


People need to get it out of their heads that Dougie is going to play here this season.

He will be here next season and be prepared because he will be treated the same way Seguin was.
You might want to switch to decaf...

On a lighter note hope the GM's are successful this year in changing the CHL rules so that NHL teams can pull there prospects out after 3 years instead of 4 and have better control(putting them in the AHL where many of them belong) of their development

Saxon Eric is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 11:32 AM
  #37
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
You might want to switch to decaf...

On a lighter note hope the GM's are successful this year in changing the CHL rules so that NHL teams can pull there prospects out after 3 years instead of 4 and have better control(putting them in the AHL where many of them belong) of their development
Got a problem with something I said?

I also hope they are successful in changing the rules. 4 years is too long.

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
  #38
sooshii
Living the dream
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,201
vCash: 50
Boston Bruins ‏ @NHLBruins

Bergeron just spoke and said his lower body injury is day-to-day, but he's "hopeful" for tomorrow.^BISH



ETA: Thank you, Baby Jesus and all the Saints.

sooshii is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
  #39
Saxon Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mendon/Greenfield NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Got a problem with something I said?

I also hope they are successful in changing the rules. 4 years is too long.
I do, while you might think Hamilton will not see any NHL time this year there's a few of us that thinks otherwise, if his season ends while there's still a few games left he'll go to Boston not Providence

Saxon Eric is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  #40
sooshii
Living the dream
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,201
vCash: 50
Naoko Funayama ‏ @NaokoFunayama

Bergeron blocked shot in Pens game, says x-rays were negative. Had treatment today. Day-to-day. Hopeful for tomorrow. #bruins

sooshii is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
  #41
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Naoko Funayama ‏ @NaokoFunayama

Bergeron blocked shot in Pens game, says x-rays were negative. Had treatment today. Day-to-day. Hopeful for tomorrow. #bruins
Good news...pretty much.

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
  #42
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,146
vCash: 50
Boston Bruins ‏ @NHLBruins
Julien confirms 37 is a game-time decision vs. TBL. 74 was on crutches and went home this AM. 54, 20 remain day-to-day as well. 55 okay^BISH

Poor Rico

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
  #43
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
I do, while you might think Hamilton will not see any NHL time this year there's a few of us that thinks otherwise, if his season ends while there's still a few games left he'll go to Boston not Providence
I'm fine with that.

I was responding to people who want Douggie up as an emergency call up right now to replace McQuaid.

I'm all for him coming up when his season is over and for him to play here next year.

Just so we are clear, I can't wait for Douggie to be here but he's not coming up on emergency recall now that McQuaid is out. He will be here when his season is done and will be here in September.

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  #44
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out
 
Bruins Stooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hartford County CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,538
vCash: 500
Per Haggs and KPD twitters, Sauve left Pitt on crutches, and Julien noted it's a hip injury, could be out a while, and was sent back to Boston.

Poor kid cant get over the injury bug

Bruins Stooge is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
  #45
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Sauve can't catch a break :/

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 03:26 PM
  #46
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
Ugh. My poor Sauve.

Mione134 is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  #47
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
You might want to switch to decaf...

On a lighter note hope the GM's are successful this year in changing the CHL rules so that NHL teams can pull there prospects out after 3 years instead of 4 and have better control(putting them in the AHL where many of them belong) of their development


Are these rule changes really being reviewed? That would be good news if the prospects who are ready can play in the AHL.

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 05:41 PM
  #48
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
Sauve seems to be the most injury prone player-can't catch a break.

Glad all the others seem to be okay and are day to day. Boychuk kind of worried me-he looked a little disoriented after that hit.

This team desperately needs to get healthy.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
  #49
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Boston Bruins ‏ @NHLBruins

Bergeron just spoke and said his lower body injury is day-to-day, but he's "hopeful" for tomorrow.^BISH



ETA: Thank you, Baby Jesus and all the Saints.
Thanks for the good news !!!

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
  #50
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,754
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Per Haggs and KPD twitters, Sauve left Pitt on crutches, and Julien noted it's a hip injury, could be out a while, and was sent back to Boston.

Poor kid cant get over the injury bug
Yikes...poor kid.

Ladyfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.