HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi View Post
with all the C's you got, any chance Kopitar is available?
Not until the off season and that depends on how the Kings finish this season. If Kopitar and Brown underperform down the stretch and then in the playoffs, I think they are both vulnerable to being traded if the right deal presents itself.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Not until the off season and that depends on how the Kings finish this season. If Kopitar and Brown underperform down the stretch and then in the playoffs, I think they are both vulnerable to being traded if the right deal presents itself.
Yep, pretty much.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Kings get no help on the bottom six?

Turrable. Just turrable.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter

Turrable. Just turrable.
What do you mean? They sent Loktionov to Manchester and scratched Richardson. That was a ton of help to the bottom 6...

Old
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
What do you mean? They sent Loktionov to Manchester and scratched Richardson. That was a ton of help to the bottom 6...
I would laugh if it wasn't so true. I don't like that Richardson has one more year at over a mil for cap hit

Old
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post

Turrable. Just turrable.
With Carter Stoll is cemented in the bottom 6. Should help out there.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I could see the Kings trading some players to get back into the draft this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings move Bernier on draft day to Tampa Bay for a couple of early picks. Tampa Bay is currently in possession of two 1st round picks (TB & DET) and four 2nd round picks (PHI, TB, FLA, MIN).

I could picture the Kings acquiring a 1st and 2nd/top prospect for Bernier. They could then look to free agency to sign a backup in case they feel that Zatkoff needs more time in the minors. Other options that the Kings could look at to trade to acquire more draft picks in the early rounds: Oscar Moller, Bud Holloway, Thomas Hickey, Andrew Campbell, etc.

If teams are dissatisfied with what is available on draft day and want a prospect or young player who is closer to the NHL, it is very feasible to expect them to move a decent pick to acquire one of those players mentioned above. I'd also like to see them move someone like Brad Richardson for a draft pick. Moving Richardson would also allow the Kings to clear up roster space for a free agent addition or a player in the pipeline who is more deserving of a roster spot.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Stoll back to playing his natural postion is a big help on its own. Wish we could have picked up a more skilled experienced winger but at the prices that were out there im happy we didn't. Important game tonight i know we can pull it out Go Kings GO

Old
03-11-2012, 12:48 AM
johnjm22

On the CBC Hot Stove they said the cap will be 69M-72M next season.

Parise and Suter are gonna get PAID. I expect the Flyers to throw a ludicrous offer at Suter, and the Rangers to do the same in regards to Parise. Each of them will have individual years where they'll earn between 12M-14.4M, assuming the main provisions of the CBA stay intact.

Last edited by johnjm22: 03-11-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old
03-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings still need to fill one more hole in their top six and I'd say they have a few openings/upgrades to make in their bottom six. I think they could also add another left handed defenseman who can maybe upgrade the third pairing and have the Kings move or retain one of Martinez or Drewiske as the 7th dman.

I know he's had some issues with his health in the past, but I really like Carlo Colaiacovo's game when he's playing. He appears to have put his injury problems behind him, having appeared in 73, 67, and 65 games over the past three years and has played in 52 of St. Louis's 69 games this season. He's a very mobile puck moving defenseman who can also play physically.

In terms of free agent forwards this summer, if they don't land Zach Parise (who I predict will re-sign with New Jersey), I think the Kings will look at one of the following forwards to fit in their top six:

Shane Doan
P.A. Parenteau
Ray Whitney
Kristian Huselius
Jiri Hudler
David Jones
Steve Sullivan

Not a terribly talented group. Doan and Parenteau will very likely get long term contract offers. The rest of that group are probably worth considering at 1 or 2 year deals and worth taking a look at on a shorter term. There is the possibility of Simon Gagne returning from his injury next season, but can they risk taking the chance of him possibly getting hurt early again? If he gets injured again, the Kings are going to have another big vacancy in their top six that they'll have to address during the regular season.

The Kings will have to look at upgrading their third line center and also look at adding another bottom six winger.

Third line center options:
Paul Gaustad
Chris Kelly
Samuel Pahlsson
Dominic Moore
Kyle Wellwood

Bottom six forward options:
Travis Moen
Jordin Tootoo
Adam Burish
Gregory Campbell
Brandon Prust
Taylor Pyatt
Daniel Carcillo

Old
03-11-2012, 03:05 AM
bobafettish*

cap raising could mean nothing as the cba is in september.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:41 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings will have to look at upgrading their third line center and also look at adding another bottom six winger.

Paul Gaustad
Chris Kelly
Samuel Pahlsson
Dominic Moore
Kyle Wellwood
We have a lot of centers already. I see Mike as our 3rd line center, I'll probably get **** on for saying that, but that's where I think he fits the best.

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
xxxxxx-Loktionov-Williams
King-Richards-Holloway
Clifford-Cliche-Nolan

Spares:
Richardson, Westgarth, Lewis

IR:
Gagne

Based on what Ruutu and Hemsky got, a 2nd line winger will cost the Kings over 5M.

Old
03-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We have a lot of centers already. I see Mike as our 3rd line center, I'll probably get **** on for saying that, but that's where I think he fits the best.

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
King-Richards-Holloway
Clifford-Cliche-Nolan

Spares:

IR:
Gagne

Based on what Ruutu and Hemsky got, a 2nd line winger will cost the Kings over 5M.

That is an awful lineup. That bottom 6....my god. No way Loktionov is ahead of Richards in the depth chart. Forget it. Lotkionov is going to have to become a skilled 3rd line center.

Old
03-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
cap raising could mean nothing as the cba is in september.
actually the cap raising is connected to the NHL revenue, which means that the NHL did more than fine (new TV deals, Beer deal...).

And while the owners might push for a rollback to the cap (and I doubt it will happen) - the NHL players contracts will also be rolled back by the same % the cap would be.

Old
03-11-2012, 06:11 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings still need to fill one more hole in their top six and I'd say they have a few openings/upgrades to make in their bottom six. I think they could also add another left handed defenseman who can maybe upgrade the third pairing and have the Kings move or retain one of Martinez or Drewiske as the 7th dman.

I know he's had some issues with his health in the past, but I really like Carlo Colaiacovo's game when he's playing. He appears to have put his injury problems behind him, having appeared in 73, 67, and 65 games over the past three years and has played in 52 of St. Louis's 69 games this season. He's a very mobile puck moving defenseman who can also play physically.

In terms of free agent forwards this summer, if they don't land Zach Parise (who I predict will re-sign with New Jersey), I think the Kings will look at one of the following forwards to fit in their top six:

Shane Doan
P.A. Parenteau
Ray Whitney
Kristian Huselius
Jiri Hudler
David Jones
Steve Sullivan

Not a terribly talented group. Doan and Parenteau will very likely get long term contract offers. The rest of that group are probably worth considering at 1 or 2 year deals and worth taking a look at on a shorter term. There is the possibility of Simon Gagne returning from his injury next season, but can they risk taking the chance of him possibly getting hurt early again? If he gets injured again, the Kings are going to have another big vacancy in their top six that they'll have to address during the regular season.

Paul Gaustad
Chris Kelly
Samuel Pahlsson
Dominic Moore
Kyle Wellwood

Bottom six forward options:
Travis Moen
Jordin Tootoo
Adam Burish
Gregory Campbell
Brandon Prust
Taylor Pyatt
Daniel Carcillo
How many years left on Gagne's contract?

Old
03-11-2012, 06:17 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
How many years left on Gagne's contract?
1 more year after this season

Old
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
That is an awful lineup. That bottom 6....my god. No way Loktionov is ahead of Richards in the depth chart. Forget it. Lotkionov is going to have to become a skilled 3rd line center.
That's not the lineup I want, I'm just basing it on what we have to work with. Do we really need another center when we have Carter, Kopitar, Richards and Loktionov?

That bottom six is better than the one we have now. Richards is our best defensive center (in spite of last game), and gets a large chunk of his points on special teams anyways.

Old
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Agree. I think maybe who is and who isn't available will depend upon how the Kings fare going thru spring. If they go deep, do well , ownership feels comforable, Gm stays, then I think DL /DS will put a list together for trades to upgrade at wing.

If the teams tanks, DL goes, DS goes and ownership brings in a new GM that isn't Hextall, he will have his own ideas on what kind of team he wants and what he looks for a in player. So anybody not named Quick could be fair game.

This is a list of the current Free Agents with their age and salary. There are some players that could be had if Penner is moved and a few others to free up some cash.

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...F&fa_type_id=2

Old
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Yeah we can probably forget about Parise and Doan. Damn this summer is the worst group of free agents since.. ever. Stoll is probably the best 3rd liner out there and Penner is probably the best top 6er.

Ugh. Seems like the Kings aren't gonna have a better team on paper next year no matter what, unless they trade the rest of their farm for something but that'd be a dumb move.

Old
03-11-2012, 01:16 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Agree. I think maybe who is and who isn't available will depend upon how the Kings fare going thru spring. If they go deep, do well , ownership feels comforable, Gm stays, then I think DL /DS will put a list together for trades to upgrade at wing.

If the teams tanks, DL goes, DS goes and ownership brings in a new GM that isn't Hextall, he will have his own ideas on what kind of team he wants and what he looks for a in player. So anybody not named Quick could be fair game.

This is a list of the current Free Agents with their age and salary. There are some players that could be had if Penner is moved and a few others to free up some cash.

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?y...F&fa_type_id=2
Brad Boyes play this year might make him undervalued. He's the type of player that works under a Sutter system, assuming Sutter is still here. He plays C and W equally effective and uses his big body to protect the puck at an elite level. he works well on the boards, isn't lazy and has netted 40 goals. Still 29 years old. we may be able to get him for what Stoll is making this year.

Old
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
King-Richards-Holloway
Clifford-Cliche-Nolan

Spares:

IR:
Gagne

I want Lokti as the 2nd line center too. It might be because I'm his biggest fan and think he would thrive there with skilled wingers and then we could roll 3 lines all game.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Brad Boyes play this year might make him undervalued. He's the type of player that works under a Sutter system, assuming Sutter is still here. He plays C and W equally effective and uses his big body to protect the puck at an elite level. he works well on the boards, isn't lazy and has netted 40 goals. Still 29 years old. we may be able to get him for what Stoll is making this year.
If we pay Brad Boyes $3.6 million, I'd **** my pants with fury.

Old
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If we pay Brad Boyes $3.6 million, I'd **** my pants with fury.
This. he won't get more than 2.5 on a good day

Old
03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Doesn't Huselius have a history with DS from Calgary? He might be an affordable replacement if Gagne doesn't return. As far as other moves go, I've seen no real reason to break up the King-Richards-Carter line unless it's a significant upgrade over King but a similar type of player. Loki has to be considered as an NHL center at this point and Kopitar and Richards are two others.

I'm thinking any moves that are made to the bottom 6 are really going to be determined by what Holloway and Moller decide to do, and what DL decides to do with Nolan, Fraser, Parse, King, Lewis, Richardson, as far as resigning and trades go. There's also the chance that Toffoli comes in and makes the team (doubtful in my eyes) and completely throws everything out the window...

Old
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
This. he won't get more than 2.5 on a good day
I'd be willing to bet that free agents this summer are going to get more than anyone thinks. The tone has already been set by the Ruutu and Hemsky signings.

Quote:
Doesn't Huselius have a history with DS from Calgary? He might be an affordable replacement if Gagne doesn't return. As far as other moves go, I've seen no real reason to break up the King-Richards-Carter line unless it's a significant upgrade over King but a similar type of player. Loki has to be considered as an NHL center at this point and Kopitar and Richards are two others.
Huselius could be a decent option, but I think he'll be more expensive than people think. Even if Gagne comes back, I'd like to add a top 6 forward for depth, and run 3 scoring lines.

King-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Huselius-Loktionov-Brown
Clifford-Fraser/Cliche/Lewis-Nolan

Richardson
Holloway
Westgarth

That's a good mix of talent IMO. A good coach could get a lot out of that.

Closed Thread