HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Diaz and Weber

Old
03-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
If I have to choose between Weber and Diaz, I would also keep Diaz (a pleasant surprise) but with Markov, Subban and Kaberle onboard, I would trade Weber AND Diaz to make room for a tough, stay at home, experienced minutes eating D. Soon to be UFA Barret Jackman would be perfect imo.

Markov – Gorges
(Emelin/Jackman) – Subban
Kaberle – (Jackman/Emelin)

#7D: Diaz or Saint-Denis
In terms of the cap the best move would be to trade Kaberle and keep two guys for half the cap hit. weber the more skilled PP guy and Diaz the more 2 way guy, use them as #6-7.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Completely agree.

What are going to do? Wait 3 years for Diaz to *maybe* end up as good as Kaberle offensively? Let's give Kaberle what he needs to limit his errors and go with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In terms of the cap the best move would be to trade Kaberle and keep two guys for half the cap hit. weber the more skilled PP guy and Diaz the more 2 way guy, use them as #6-7.
Defensively Weber is not better than Kaberle and who knows if he will become a 50 points D man like Kaberle. Diaz would be a better choice than Kaberle from a cap perspective but (1) Montreal has no cap issue – especially if they find a way to unload Gomez and (2) with Emelin and Subban onboard (good but inexperienced D) and guys like Tinordi and Beaulieu knocking at the door (1-3 years), I wish for a more experienced D squad in 2012-13.

Icing Subban, Emelin and Diaz (good but inexperienced Ds) is asking for troubles (think of this team 3rd period woe) imo. If you add Weber to the mix (I usually agree with you Carey Price but 4 inexperienced Ds?)... it would be "2011-12 disastrous"!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Defensively Weber is not better than Kaberle and who knows if he will become a 50 points D man like Kaberle. Diaz would be a better choice than Kaberle from a cap perspective but (1) Montreal has no cap issue – especially if they find a way to unload Gomez and (2) with Emelin and Subban onboard (good but inexperienced D) and guys like Tinordi and Beaulieu knocking at the door (1-3 years), I wish for a more experienced D squad in 2012-13.

Icing Subban, Emelin and Diaz (good but inexperienced Ds) is asking for troubles (think of this team 3rd period woe) imo. If you add Weber to the mix (I usually agree with you Carey Price but 4 inexperienced Ds?)... it would be "2011-12 disastrous"!
Subban will be in his 3rd year. Hopefully he can have a full year like last year's 2nd half and this year's last 2 months.

Diaz and Emelin are older, more mature players, I think in their 2nd year and with a bit less responsibility(use them as 3rd pair guys) they should thrive.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban will be in his 3rd year. Hopefully he can have a full year like last year's 2nd half and this year's last 2 months.

Diaz and Emelin are older, more mature players, I think in their 2nd year and with a bit less responsibility(use them as 3rd pair guys) they should thrive.
Maybe you are right (I doubt it! ) but I still wish for a more experienced D squad; we'll see. Just a quick comment regarding (Subban) "... and this year's last 2 months...": lately he has been dominant. Just wow.

The guy is a Force to be reckoned with.

Edit: PS to be fair, the Emelin - Diaz pairing ("... use them as 3rd pair guys...") did show some good stuff this season.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Young Gun

Out of the 3 soft d-man we have , kabs , web and diaz, at least one or two of them has to go. I would go and find a partner for kabs, puts up points, the cap hit isn't bad. Find a good partner for him in the bottom pairing, second wave pp time and a fill in for markov if he starts running into trouble with the knee again.
Between webber and diaz, wouldn't know who to let go !!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Gorges was older. He already played in SJ.
So you've seen Weber palying constatly on the wing for 3 season heh? Funny. He's in his second season. Last season he was actually a regular remember ? No he wasnt. He played is fair share of games in the AHL. He's greater than what ur saying. Just like all other youngster we have. Or youngster not elevated to the level of god like Lats, Subban and Price.

Remember Patches ? Nuff said.
Watch hockey plz. Dont just talk about it on biased opinions. Bring facts to the table.
Facts? Oh, you must mean when all you can do is go to HockeyDB and read about hockey... yeah.

Weber has been getting his tires kicked by the Habs upper management since 2008-09.

And btw, if you did not realize it, unless someone is just spouting off stats, or telling you what the date is, when people write on forums...ofcourse it is opinion.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I would go after Brad Stuart and keep Diaz. I also agree that St. Denis is NHL ready.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Stuart

Diaz

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Facts? Oh, you must mean when all you can do is go to HockeyDB and read about hockey... yeah.

Weber has been getting his tires kicked by the Habs upper management since 2008-09.

And btw, if you did not realize it, unless someone is just spouting off stats, or telling you what the date is, when people write on forums...ofcourse it is opinion.
Do you remember last season playoff? Weber was basically our 3rd best or 4th best dman! He was playing incredible. SAME happened at the start of the season.. Them Jacque Martin kicked him on a 4th line and he destroyed every thing. To the point that when he has the puck he's shaky and scared of doing mistakes.

I agree he suck's NOW. That he does alot of mistakes NOW. But it hasnt been like that forever.

Anyway, when we let him walk(if) I'll be happy to bring back this thread and tell you how I was right. I've done it many times.

AK , SK(Everybody knew it..), Grabs, Pyatt(IK he's not quite the superstar but he's a very good depth guy.), Lats etc...

In the last few years MTL fans have made AK, SK, Grabs, Pyatt, Lats, Weber scapegoats. All of them but the latter gone. All of them but the latter has success with good management. Nuff said.
Even though I know you will all come back and refute all I said like it was just ********. And then you will bring opinions to the table. BIASED one. Because we all know montreal needs a scapegoat.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
brunosevigny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I would go after Brad Stuart and keep Diaz. I also agree that St. Denis is NHL ready.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Stuart

Diaz
This!
You can't have both Diaz and Weber on a young defense team like the habs without hurting you. There is a plenty of available UFA responsible Dman's this year that are older and play with more grit, so even if they can't land Stuart, there is many options. Bring experience and physicallity on that core of Dman's. I would see:

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Kaberle-Stuart/Jackman/Suter/Grossman

Diaz and St-Denis as #7-8

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Do you remember last season playoff? Weber was basically our 3rd best or 4th best dman! He was playing incredible. SAME happened at the start of the season.. Them Jacque Martin kicked him on a 4th line and he destroyed every thing. To the point that when he has the puck he's shaky and scared of doing mistakes.

I agree he suck's NOW. That he does alot of mistakes NOW. But it hasnt been like that forever.

Anyway, when we let him walk(if) I'll be happy to bring back this thread and tell you how I was right. I've done it many times.

AK , SK(Everybody knew it..), Grabs, Pyatt(IK he's not quite the superstar but he's a very good depth guy.), Lats etc...

In the last few years MTL fans have made AK, SK, Grabs, Pyatt, Lats, Weber scapegoats. All of them but the latter gone. All of them but the latter has success with good management. Nuff said.
Even though I know you will all come back and refute all I said like it was just ********. And then you will bring opinions to the table. BIASED one. Because we all know montreal needs a scapegoat.
I can state with 100% certainty that I never thought Weber was the Habs 3rd or 4th D. Not for me. He has never been able to contain any forward in his end. Never. He did seem to get his shot off more often in previous years, that I agree.

My opinion is it has been forever. Granted he could turn it around, but he does not have any defensive instincts. He is always reacting, never anticipating. He needs to read the play to make up for his lack of physicality.

It is simply easy and unfair to lump every person as a hater of all of those players.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote