HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
  #276
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
The Kostitsyn case, both of them, is a heart-breaking example of how horrible the Habs have become at managing young talent. By separating them, then trying to get each to play a game not natural to either, then demoting them, then trading in a hissy fit of frustration ....how well I recall Jean Beliveau, no less (may he recover quickly!) praising SK for his skill level. We've been taking gifted young players, putting them rapidly into reverse by refusing to accept that the offensive game that they can play will have certain inevitable costs on the defensive end, and then wasting them -- and then acting shocked when they go elsewhere and thrive. I swear, if the Habs of this period had had Guy Lafleur -- who, let us remember, had a terribly rough first three years -- they would have demoted him, screwed with his head, and then traded him for second round draft picks. (Which are, in the real world where only a minority of second round draft picks even make the NHL, of marginal worth.)
Then everyone would have said that what they need is more big, tough, sandpapery guys. Let's trade Lafleur for Terry O' Neil! I predicted when he was traded, I'll say it again now -- AK will comfortably score thirty five goals in a season for Nashville (or whomever) in the next few years.
How horrible they have become? No, this has been going on since Sege Savard where we have been tossing away young players especially, due to inconsistency ( except for the elite talents it seems to me most scoring types tend to be inconsistent) and lack of maturity or some "bad " personal behaviour ( go figure, 22 year old millionaires having some immaturity and attitude ).
AK is not an elite talent, I never claimed he was. I thought of him as a big, skilled guy, who hit and could pot 20+ goals, maybe even 30. What is wrong with that ? Funny how we bust managements chops for everything but I really think we generally have let them off the hook at the time we have thrown away all these 20 goal ( at least capable ) players like SK, Lats, AK, Dags etc. When they have been moved we have usually shrugged and said good, because the Dude was immature or had an attitude and 20 goal scorers grow on trees, I mean we have a line-up full of them, right ? Sure you blame the GMs but you also need to hit the coaches because as long as the coach is the coach. he decides who plays and how much and where . Alot of people regret JM having been fired, I dont, I hate this guy because I think we threw away a number of players because he couldnt pigeon hole them in his system and he wasnt a coach capable of getting the most out of the different strengths players brought. If they werent going to play, they get traded, and what do you get for inconsistent, immature, scorers on the 3rd and 4th lines ? Not much.
So this problem,, oddly enough, seems to be a historic issue with this team.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:25 AM
  #277
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,330
vCash: 500
He's a streaky player...He always has good stretches of play, followed by 20-game goal-less droughts.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:46 AM
  #278
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post


He went to the net here too.
I love this vid. Probably, my favorite AK46 compilation out there. Good job

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:57 AM
  #279
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,586
vCash: 500
None of us should be very surprised if Andrei does well in Nashville.

Doesn't mean he was ever going to get over the hump here.

Both Sergei and Andrei have a ton of talent but it's pretty clear they didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
  #280
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Do Boston fans still cry over Thornton?

Why do we pine over every fuc king trade.
I don't care about any one trade. Of course, it hurts a bit more when we **** up big time like with McDonagh...

But this has been like the chinese torture routine. Timmins can't draft NHLers fast enough for Montreal before they're shipped out for little... The only reason we've kept afloat has been because superior drafting has been masking egregious personnel decisions at the NHL level.

I understand PP time and good linemates are finite ressources and choices need to be made. I can only speculate why those finite ressources were reserved for so long for certain players like Gomez despite any results.

I understand Montreal is a big market. I don't understand why other teams can manage major problem players that publicly can go on drug rehab programs or that publicly go in messy disputes with management, and can keep them in the fold or maintain their value before a trade.

I don't understand why management hasn't stepped up to defend their young players from gross (often baseless) innuendo, if only to prop up their value for a trade.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
  #281
habsfan92
Registered User
 
habsfan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He's a streaky player...He always has good stretches of play, followed by 20-game goal-less droughts.
And then in the end, we get a 20 goal player who is near the top of the list in points, goals, GWG, and hits every year. During the year, inconsistent (as is about 90% of the team), but overall you know what your getting and what you can count on. Playing him with Gomez definately does not bring out the best in him, who would have thunk it? Stand in front of the net as a screen, because we will not pass it to you. Play dump and chase, like a fourth line grinder. Try to skate and shoot, your benched!
So PG got Bourque to replace AK. Really, because no way he can replace Cammaleri. Bourque, who hits less than AK, has less raw skill, cant pass as well, cant skate as well, doesnt hit as much, and will probably struggle to get 20 goals in a season with us, may even drop the gloves twice a year, but is signed long term for about the same amount of money that AK would take to stay.
Good for us!

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
  #282
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
None of us should be very surprised if Andrei does well in Nashville.

Doesn't mean he was ever going to get over the hump here.

Both Sergei and Andrei have a ton of talent but it's pretty clear they didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal.
I might be wrong here, but I remember SK spending alot of time on the bottom 6 and he started going mental when I think he thought he should have been getting more top 6 minutes, and then got really frustrated. He did go over the top, but because it seems to me its clear we mismanaged a number of players , I wonder if we had a different approach to him it would have been different.
As for AK , not sure what hump you mean. This guy was a consistent 20 goal guy and if he played top 6 minutes here and got PP time he would have done that again this year for us. Have to say while I was critical in my earlier post about JM, he did at least have the insight to play AK with Eller, which was great developmentally for Eller and gave AK a player he could produce with. Maybe because RC is so into his North - South game and AK is more creative than that, that AK and Eller were broken up , I really dont know because it makes no sense to me why RC would break these 2 guys up. Even with Eller and PP time I think AK could have possibly scored 20.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
  #283
habsfan92
Registered User
 
habsfan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
None of us should be very surprised if Andrei does well in Nashville.

Doesn't mean he was ever going to get over the hump here.

Both Sergei and Andrei have a ton of talent but it's pretty clear they didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal.
Looking at the standings, I would say that the GM & Coaches don't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal, not necessarily the players.

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
  #284
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Anyone else notice how simple and effective that PP play was? D moves up as #46 goes to the opposite post. Detroit's D is confused and fails at intercepting the pass. Open net goal for Akost.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
  #285
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
It was clear that he was going to produce more with nashville but on the long term i'm happy we took that risk because we got rid of another slacker.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
  #286
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate
 
Slew Foots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
MARKOV'S SMILE and QUOTE:
he was so excited when hugging Subban after Subbie scored...I do love seeing that (really I do). I wish Markov smiled more often. Maybe having a more positive attitude (smiling more, joking around more often like he is now!) when doing rehab can improve his health a bit!! positive attitude can help the body/mind heal faster or sort of!,etc...). When asked about his knee after the game, Markov replied (with a little sarcastic smirk) ''it's still there!''. See...I like this reply
I know Markov's been out for a while, so it's hard to remember, but he's actually always been a guy with a positive attitude on the ice. I'm too lazy to look for it, but there's a reason that there have been many epic GIFs of Markov celebrating a goal. Few players are more genuinely happy than Markov when the team scores and is playing well. He's often shown giddiness and flashed big smiles in the past when the team scores. Also, he's always had a good sense of humor, it's just very dry - some may not see it when he's being interviewed due to cultural factors perhaps. Part of why he's not always smiling when being interviewed is that he doesn't like to be in the limelight and is uncomfortable (which is sometimes a good thing), and he may also harbour some mild disdain for the Montreal media (and justifiably so). Anyway, claiming that Markov has a negative attitude is not accurate.

Regarding AK, I'm very happy to see him doing well in Nashville, and I hope he keeps it up. It's a shame that our current incompetent management has let yet another useful asset with real skill go to waste. Good luck finding an adequate replacement who could score 20-25 goals while being paid 4M/year on the UFA market. As much as I like Leblanc, he's not the one who can step up and fill that void. The Habs can't keep getting rid of assets without having a plan to address the void they're creating. All this because he's "inconsistent"? As in "inconsistently" scoring 20 goals a year? The only thing "inconsistent" about AK is management's utilization and expectations of him. And to mirror the point above, AK was very happy in Montreal, and few were as excited as him when the team scored. He always had a big goofy smile when the team scored and he was on the ice. I'm gonna miss seeing that smile in Montreal, and I hope I'll get to see it often while watching Nashville go deep in the playoffs this year.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
  #287
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
He did go to the front of the net on power plays it's just that our sage coaches believed we needed Darche more on the powerplay, so AK didn't play there. AK got us a late 2nd so Darche should command a superior pick this summer when Gauthier works his magic! Who needs players when you have 2nd round draft picks?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
  #288
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
Looking at the standings, I would say that the GM & Coaches don't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal, not necessarily the players.
I'm not supporting the coach/GM... they're both gone at the end of the year so that's a moot point.

SK refused to report Hamilton multiple times and was not popular in the locker room. He had to go.

AK was given plenty of chances over the years and showed flashes of brilliance at times but just could not get over the hump and become a consistent top 6 winger we wanted him to be. Parting ways made sense for all parties involved.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
  #289
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Both Sergei and Andrei have a ton of talent but it's pretty clear they didn't have enough stuff "between the ears" to succeed in Montreal.
With the between the ears comment, are you refering to them having enough intelligence to play for the Habs or for having the right mindset to deal with playing in Montreal? Or perhaps both or something different entirely?

If it is a case of the Habs needing to have players well adjusted enough to play in the city of Montreal, that brings to mind another issue the Habs have. When selecting a coach, we need one who can speak French. When signing players, we need players who can handle being in the environment that exists already. In both cases, it puts us at a disadvantage to other teams (Nashville could serve as a good example here) when recruiting because we have to narrow the field of possible personel we could sign/draft from. In both cases, it forces the team to adapt to its environment and find a way to make things work rather than trying to create an environment anyone could be successful within and letting the people employed by the team focus on winning hockey games and championships.

How many restrictions can be put on a team and the personel they employ before success is left behind in a simple bid to survive?

As for Andrei having enough stuff between the ears to succeed in Montreal, well, he has had some success with/for us and some lower points as well. Maybe in different circumstances, he'd have succeeded here as he is. Admittedly it is only a very small sample size, but he is having some success with the Preds so far. People around that team know what is needed for success there and they seem to think Andrei has enough ability (technically, physically and mentally) to succeed with them.

Barry Trotz: "Obviously, there's that brotherhood connection," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "Andrei plays a real poised and polished game. He has a shot like a cannon."

David Legwand: "They (Andrei and Sergei) are going to make things happen," Legwand said. "It was huge for us. Andrei is an added plus. He is smart. He is big and strong. He has a great shot."

Stu Grimson: Nashville's broadcast teams, including Stu Grimson, the former tough guy for the Red Wings, say Kostitsyn has come to town as a model citizen, even playing well on the back check.

That's just a couple of quick quotes from people around a team that are trying to win the Stanley Cup this year and show some of their key players that they are making a serious push to win in the future too. It seems so far that he has enough between the ears for them to at least work with, yet not us apparently. Likewise, Sergei has enough between the ears to succeed with them but not us, apparently. The difference for Sergei is they have helped him mature and grow up rather than demand it of him and leave him to it. With Andrei they have put him in a position to succeed, using him in a role he is capable of playing and not expecting him to produce with grinders, defensive forwards, former star players on the brink of dropping out of the league and defensemen playing on his line. And full credit to Nashville management and coaching staff for that, because I'm not sure it's something the people we have doing those jobs couid do for players joining the Habs and ditto for a lot of players working their way through our farm system.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
  #290
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He's a streaky player...He always has good stretches of play, followed by 20-game goal-less droughts.
You wanna bet he scores at least one goal in the next 20 games?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:14 AM
  #291
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
With the between the ears comment, are you refering to them having enough intelligence to play for the Habs or for having the right mindset to deal with playing in Montreal? Or perhaps both or something different entirely?

If it is a case of the Habs needing to have players well adjusted enough to play in the city of Montreal, that brings to mind another issue the Habs have. When selecting a coach, we need one who can speak French. When signing players, we need players who can handle being in the environment that exists already. In both cases, it puts us at a disadvantage to other teams (Nashville could serve as a good example here) when recruiting because we have to narrow the field of possible personel we could sign/draft from. In both cases, it forces the team to adapt to its environment and find a way to make things work rather than trying to create an environment anyone could be successful within and letting the people employed by the team focus on winning hockey games and championships.

How many restrictions can be put on a team and the personel they employ before success is left behind in a simple bid to survive?

As for Andrei having enough stuff between the ears to succeed in Montreal, well, he has had some success with/for us and some lower points as well. Maybe in different circumstances, he'd have succeeded here as he is. Admittedly it is only a very small sample size, but he is having some success with the Preds so far. People around that team know what is needed for success there and they seem to think Andrei has enough ability (technically, physically and mentally) to succeed with them.

Barry Trotz: "Obviously, there's that brotherhood connection," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "Andrei plays a real poised and polished game. He has a shot like a cannon."

David Legwand: "They (Andrei and Sergei) are going to make things happen," Legwand said. "It was huge for us. Andrei is an added plus. He is smart. He is big and strong. He has a great shot."

Stu Grimson: Nashville's broadcast teams, including Stu Grimson, the former tough guy for the Red Wings, say Kostitsyn has come to town as a model citizen, even playing well on the back check.

That's just a couple of quick quotes from people around a team that are trying to win the Stanley Cup this year and show some of their key players that they are making a serious push to win in the future too. It seems so far that he has enough between the ears for them to at least work with, yet not us apparently. Likewise, Sergei has enough between the ears to succeed with them but not us, apparently. The difference for Sergei is they have helped him mature and grow up rather than demand it of him and leave him to it. With Andrei they have put him in a position to succeed, using him in a role he is capable of playing and not expecting him to produce with grinders, defensive forwards, former star players on the brink of dropping out of the league and defensemen playing on his line. And full credit to Nashville management and coaching staff for that, because I'm not sure it's something the people we have doing those jobs couid do for players joining the Habs and ditto for a lot of players working their way through our farm system.
Well said.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
  #292
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Kaberle had 5 points in his first 4 games as a Hab.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
  #293
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
With the between the ears comment, are you refering to them having enough intelligence to play for the Habs or for having the right mindset to deal with playing in Montreal? Or perhaps both or something different entirely?

If it is a case of the Habs needing to have players well adjusted enough to play in the city of Montreal, that brings to mind another issue the Habs have. When selecting a coach, we need one who can speak French. When signing players, we need players who can handle being in the environment that exists already. In both cases, it puts us at a disadvantage to other teams (Nashville could serve as a good example here) when recruiting because we have to narrow the field of possible personel we could sign/draft from. In both cases, it forces the team to adapt to its environment and find a way to make things work rather than trying to create an environment anyone could be successful within and letting the people employed by the team focus on winning hockey games and championships.

How many restrictions can be put on a team and the personel they employ before success is left behind in a simple bid to survive?

As for Andrei having enough stuff between the ears to succeed in Montreal, well, he has had some success with/for us and some lower points as well. Maybe in different circumstances, he'd have succeeded here as he is. Admittedly it is only a very small sample size, but he is having some success with the Preds so far. People around that team know what is needed for success there and they seem to think Andrei has enough ability (technically, physically and mentally) to succeed with them.

Barry Trotz: "Obviously, there's that brotherhood connection," Nashville coach Barry Trotz said. "Andrei plays a real poised and polished game. He has a shot like a cannon."

David Legwand: "They (Andrei and Sergei) are going to make things happen," Legwand said. "It was huge for us. Andrei is an added plus. He is smart. He is big and strong. He has a great shot."

Stu Grimson: Nashville's broadcast teams, including Stu Grimson, the former tough guy for the Red Wings, say Kostitsyn has come to town as a model citizen, even playing well on the back check.

That's just a couple of quick quotes from people around a team that are trying to win the Stanley Cup this year and show some of their key players that they are making a serious push to win in the future too. It seems so far that he has enough between the ears for them to at least work with, yet not us apparently. Likewise, Sergei has enough between the ears to succeed with them but not us, apparently. The difference for Sergei is they have helped him mature and grow up rather than demand it of him and leave him to it. With Andrei they have put him in a position to succeed, using him in a role he is capable of playing and not expecting him to produce with grinders, defensive forwards, former star players on the brink of dropping out of the league and defensemen playing on his line. And full credit to Nashville management and coaching staff for that, because I'm not sure it's something the people we have doing those jobs couid do for players joining the Habs and ditto for a lot of players working their way through our farm system.
Good thing we got a second rounder for him...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
  #294
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post


He went to the net here too.
Hockey Iq of a rock

This makes me sad.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
  #295
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Jaroslav Halak named third star of the week.he's killing it this season...can't wait to see him in the playoff's.In case people didn't see his work yesterday here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spectr17

For some odd reason fans and players in St-louis don't think it's because of Hitchcock's system he's that good.

Also want to give some props to José Théodore for his shutout yesterday.

Can't wait to see our captain Saku Koivu play his 1000th game,one of the biggest mistake in the history of this franchise letting this man go.Bunch of fools running this hockey club I'm telling you,they deserve to be in this mess after letting Saku leave.Koivu did everything for this city and we couldn't even offer him a contract? What a shame,I hope one day he can end his career in Montreal.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
  #296
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Good for Halak, I hope he continues to play well and wish him the best

The Habs did not make a mistake, they kept the right guy in Price. Could they have got more for Halak, well that's a different question and we will probably never know if Gauthier actually shopped him aggressively

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
  #297
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Jaroslav Halak named third star of the week.he's killing it this season...can't wait to see him in the playoff's.In case people didn't see his work yesterday here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spectr17

For some odd reason fans and players in St-louis don't think it's because of Hitchcock's system he's that good.

Also want to give some props to José Théodore for his shutout yesterday.

Can't wait to see our captain Saku Koivu play his 1000th game,one of the biggest mistake in the history of this franchise letting this man go.Bunch of fools running this hockey club I'm telling you,they deserve to be in this mess after letting Saku leave.Koivu did everything for this city and we couldn't even offer him a contract? What a shame,I hope one day he can end his career in Montreal.
last 5 games, shots on net. I think Hitchcock has something to do with it?

34
25
20
19
24

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
  #298
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Actually he scored almost identical goal this year for habs. It was against NJ. A shooter needs a passer that is a fact. How many passers MTL has? And how many of them have pass and vision like his bro?
Oops wasn't Sergei hab 2?
It sounds simplistic, but this is exactly the case. Our biggest problem on this team is passing, centers with creativity, and d-men with a first good pass. But instead of realizing this, they decided to trade away a talented player in AK, thinking he was the problem. Dumb, dumb, and dumber.

If he sticks with Nashville next year, he'll be a shoe-in for 25 goals if he plays 75 games or more. It's one of the easier predictions i'll make all year...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
  #299
Shred
Registered User
 
Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Clearly, he was brainwashed.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
  #300
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSid Crosby View Post
Second liners : Sergei - Grabo - AK vs ... nothing.

How can someone blame T. Timmins after that?
Why do people repeat this idiocy.

If we let AK's contract expire, we would have then REALLY got nothing.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.