HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to Fix the Goalie Issue

Old
03-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

vCash: 2210
How to Fix the Goalie Issue

We all know the Hawks have troubles in goal. I've come up with a list as to which goalies might be able to fix it. If you think one of them is possible, g'head and post it. If you don't, do the same thing. Here goes:
Sergei Bobrovsky
Al Montoya
Evgeni Nabokov
Brian Elliott
Jonathan Bernier
Tuukka Rask
Cory Schneider
Antti Niemi
Niklas Backstrom
James Reimer

Just came up with that off the top of my head, feel free to add any into the discussion, throw them onto the pile, toss them into the fire, whatever you wanna say. Just would like your feedback on it.

Not Now John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
We all know the Hawks have troubles in goal. I've come up with a list as to which goalies might be able to fix it. If you think one of them is possible, g'head and post it. If you don't, do the same thing. Here goes:
Sergei Bobrovsky
Al Montoya
Evgeni Nabokov
Brian Elliott
Jonathan Bernier
Tuukka Rask
Cory Schneider
Antti Niemi
Niklas Backstrom
James Reimer

Just came up with that off the top of my head, feel free to add any into the discussion, throw them onto the pile, toss them into the fire, whatever you wanna say. Just would like your feedback on it.
Sergei Bobrovsky - Would love him but he is very raw and underdeveloped + he would cost something to acquire
Al Montoya - Unproven for most part. No Idea if he is legit #1 or not at this point
Evgeni Nabokov - UFA sounds like he will be re-signing with Isles
Brian Elliott - System goalie ,, Also Blues wouldn't move him within division
Jonathan Bernier - Unproven ,, Nothing says he is #1 in NHL at this point
Tuukka Rask - Bruins wont trade him as he is heir to #1 job
Cory Schneider - Nucks wont trade him to Hawks , Cost a ton to get , We cant offersheet him either
Antti Niemi - I would take him back ,, Doubt he is moved unless Wilson is fired
Niklas Backstrom - Too costly + Has NMC (He loves living in Minny)
James Reimer - Sucks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
It's too bad ... cause I think Stan could have plucked Miller from Sabres, about 10 days before the TD, when the entire Sabres team was in a funk.

You add Miller to the current Hawk team and we become a contender!!!!!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
w00d
Remember the Roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
It's too bad ... cause I think Stan could have plucked Miller from Sabres, about 10 days before the TD, when the entire Sabres team was in a funk.

You add Miller to the current Hawk team and we become a contender!!!!!
Because we've had such great success with goalies we paid $5-6 million to in the past, right? Ryan Miller is the east coast Luongo. He can steal a game here or there, but he lets other teams get in his head and will eventually cave in under the pressure. If you want an overpaid goalie with similar numbers to Miller, we've already got him on the payroll.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Adrian05

Marty Turco http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=163950 - That was awesome

Adrian05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

News to me ... what is the name of this ex-Vezina goalie on our payroll that is underachieving?

Hawks got lucky winning a SC with mediocre goaltending and it isn't likely to happen again in our lifetimes. Goalies are always going to be a gamble .... better to get proven ones and pay the price.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
News to me ... what is the name of this ex-Vezina goalie on our payroll that is underachieving?

Hawks got lucky winning a SC with mediocre goaltending and it isn't likely to happen again in our lifetimes. Goalies are always going to be a gamble .... better to get proven ones and pay the price.
I was wondering the same thing, and compare him to Luongo, I remember in the Olympics, maybe a little pressure there playing for your whole country and all, that Miller was the best player there. Also Miller numbers in the play-offs are actually better then his regular season numbers soooo. And if the cap does indeed go up 12 trillion like everyone thinks it will Millers cost doesn't matter much.

I love how Hawks fans bash every other goalie in the league when talked about possibly being brought in. Literally I have seen every goalie mentioned and everytime someone and usually more then one person finds fault and says they don't want them. Do you watch the Hawks? Out goalies SUCK! and I would make suck take up the whole page if I could because that's how bad they are, our good goalie has a 905 SV% and that's out good goalie. Are we really passing judgement on any teams goalies?

So yes I do want the Hawks to trade, sign, steal, bribe, blackmail or kidnap a goalie next year.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

vCash: 2210
Miller and Luongo are exact opposites when you think about it. American vs. Canadian. OK in RS vs. Great in RS. Great in PO vs. An Atrocity in PO.

Not Now John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'd take Miller for sure

If possible, I still think we should go with Vokoun + Crawford/Emery
If we find a way to trade Corey, trade him and keep Emery as Backup.

Knowing Stan, we will go with what we have this year

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
puterwiz53

The big concern is the remainder of this year and playoffs if Emery were to go down with an injury. Can't count heavily on Crawford unless he can get his confidence back and then who would be the backup? Salak? Bowman should have gotten at least a good backup goaltender at the deadline for an insurance policy for the playoffs

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
I would rather keep Crawford as a backup than Emery. It's just a matter of time before his hips explode.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I was wondering the same thing, and compare him to Luongo, I remember in the Olympics, maybe a little pressure there playing for your whole country and all, that Miller was the best player there. Also Miller numbers in the play-offs are actually better then his regular season numbers soooo. And if the cap does indeed go up 12 trillion like everyone thinks it will Millers cost doesn't matter much.

I love how Hawks fans bash every other goalie in the league when talked about possibly being brought in. Literally I have seen every goalie mentioned and everytime someone and usually more then one person finds fault and says they don't want them. Do you watch the Hawks? Out goalies SUCK! and I would make suck take up the whole page if I could because that's how bad they are, our good goalie has a 905 SV% and that's out good goalie. Are we really passing judgement on any teams goalies?

So yes I do want the Hawks to trade, sign, steal, bribe, blackmail or kidnap a goalie next year.
Agreed. Every other team in the league has 1-3 (4 in a few cases) goalies better than ours. Pretty much everybody is an option and would improve the position. I'd even take Khabby back for one year and he wouldn't cost much if anything to acquire.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote