HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Isles game

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
there's a big difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
you gotta be kidding me. i root for pitt, phili, devils, and icelanders to suck, especially the icelanders. you dont root for rivals
between wanting to see a successful team and rooting for them.

As much as I'm a Rangers fan, I'm a bigger Hockey fan and if the Rangers were for some reason to close up shop I would find another team to rook for.

It wouldn't be any of those four other teams, but I'd find a team to support.

the sport needs big markets to thrive, the tri-state area (as defined in my previous post) hold 4 teams in 2 0f the biggest markets. If all four are successful the sport is successful.

I want a healthy sport.

BTW eff the Iceholes, Cryers, Flightless Birds and Debbies

make you feel better? lol

Old
02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Edge

I dunno I think you allow those people to connect with a team they can love, give em a new arena with better parking and traffic and let it go from there and they'll respond.

Gotta remember, Islander fans have suffered through a rough last 10 years. Forget about being mediocre, the team has seen some of the top young talent pass right through their hands.

Take a look at Ottawa and see guys like Redden, Chara and Speeza. Now realize that all of those guys were Islander draft picks or should have been. Sprinkle in doses of McCabe and others and you've got a lot of fans who are really beat up at this point.

They deserve better than that.

Old
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Melanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dunno I think you allow those people to connect with a team they can love, give em a new arena with better parking and traffic and let it go from there and they'll respond.

Gotta remember, Islander fans have suffered through a rough last 10 years. Forget about being mediocre, the team has seen some of the top young talent pass right through their hands.

Take a look at Ottawa and see guys like Redden, Chara and Speeza. Now realize that all of those guys were Islander draft picks or should have been. Sprinkle in doses of McCabe and others and you've got a lot of fans who are really beat up at this point.

Bertuzzi
Heatly
Spezza
Chara
Jokinen
Straka
Kasparaitis
McCabe
Redden
Brewer
Palffy (since retired)
Turgeon
Luongo
Connolly
Dumont

All the work of Mike Milbury. We have been sentenced to Milbury State Prison for 10 years now!

We have finally gotten released. Free at last....free at last!!!

Old
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge

Cough*Luongo*Cough

Old
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson
Bertuzzi
Heatly
Spezza
Chara
Jokinen
Straka
Kasparaitis
McCabe
Redden
Brewer
Palffy (since retired)
Turgeon
Luongo
Connolly
Dumont

All the work of Mike Milbury. We have been sentenced to Milbury State Prison for 10 years now!

We have finally gotten released. Free at last....free at last!!!
That's virtual dynasty right there.

Heck we're looking at Ottawa right now and a large part of that franchise could just as easily been the Islanders. The Islanders could have easily been the Senators.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
The place should have attendance like that of St. Louis.
This season it does, the Isles are only averaging 1,400 fans less than the Blues. Unfortunately for the Isles that's more a reflection on how far the Blues have sunk.

Old
02-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Islanders4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpido
I'm surprised that their name doesnt come up in the conversations of what teams may be relocated. They have horrible attendance due to having mostly a band wagon fan base besides a hand full of people and that moron with the gold hair. Things arent gonna get much better as they have a bunch of money tied up in yashin and Satan, and a piss poor farm system.

Unlike the Rangers who play in the heart of a city where 25 million people are a hour or less subway/train ride away and Corporations buy half of all season tickets, the Islanders have to get fans to go to games, the fact that the Islanders got 10,000+ fans considering the location of the Coliseum, the ridiculously high ticket prices, the Islanders poor play this season and the fact they havent won a playoff series in 13 years is a testament to how great and loyal Islander fans are

Old
02-08-2006, 02:26 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Unlike the Rangers who play in the heart of a city where 25 million people are a hour or less subway/train ride away and Corporations buy half of all season tickets, the Islanders have to get fans to go to games, the fact that the Islanders got 10,000+ fans considering the location of the Coliseum, the ridiculously high ticket prices, the Islanders poor play this season and the fact they havent won a playoff series in 13 years is a testament to how great and loyal Islander fans are
Wow great spin, are you or have you ever been a politician?

Old
02-08-2006, 02:34 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Anyway, Islanders4life, I love how in the same post where you say that Islanders fans are loyal you basically indirectly call them bandwaggon fans. You'd get some fans even when the team is losing in any city, it proves nothing. The fact that Rangers fans can get their ***** off their couch and take over the Colliseum, that you said is so inaccessible (or do they know secret trains), is an embarrassment and proves that Islanders fans are anything but loyal.

Old
02-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Islanders4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Anyway, Islanders4life, I love how in the same post where you say that Islanders fans are loyal you basically indirectly call them bandwaggon fans. You'd get some fans even when the team is losing in any city, it proves nothing. The fact that Rangers fans can get their ***** off their couch and take over the Colliseum, that you said is so inaccessible (or do they know secret trains), is an embarrassment and proves that Islanders fans are anything but loyal.
Islanders are headed for an early off season while the rags will probably make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, the (bandwagon) fans are excited, of course the bandwagon rag fans will come out to the Coliseum while the Islander fans might be hesitant to fork over that $100 it costs to sit in the first 5 rows of the 300's(or the $75 it costs to sit 3 rows from the top of the building)

No different then the extremly large amount of Isles fans who packed MSG from 01-04(of course ranger tickets are more limited to the public due to the large amount of corporate season tickets)

Old
02-08-2006, 03:07 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Islanders are headed for an early off season while the rags will probably make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, the (bandwagon) fans are excited, of course the bandwagon rag fans will come out to the Coliseum while the Islander fans might be hesitant to fork over that $100 it costs to sit in the first 5 rows of the 300's(or the $75 it costs to sit 3 rows from the top of the building)

No different then the extremly large amount of Isles fans who packed MSG from 01-04(of course ranger tickets are more limited to the public due to the large amount of corporate season tickets)
You know what, I won't argue with what you just said, I don't feel like it. I will however say, I don't see what makes Islanders fans so loyal, as I said any arena would get as many fans, that doesn't make them loyal.

Old
02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:

Ranger fans have been doing that for years, genius. It's not bandwagon fans, it's the simple fact Ranger fans support their team in both the home arena and in all of the local arenas and go out of their way to do it. What, you think this didn't happen when we sucked? It sure as **** did. Stop making excuses and stop calling our true fans "bandwagon fans", because that's just effing insulting.

Closed Thread