HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Isles game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
  #26
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,079
vCash: 500
there's a big difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
you gotta be kidding me. i root for pitt, phili, devils, and icelanders to suck, especially the icelanders. you dont root for rivals
between wanting to see a successful team and rooting for them.

As much as I'm a Rangers fan, I'm a bigger Hockey fan and if the Rangers were for some reason to close up shop I would find another team to rook for.

It wouldn't be any of those four other teams, but I'd find a team to support.

the sport needs big markets to thrive, the tri-state area (as defined in my previous post) hold 4 teams in 2 0f the biggest markets. If all four are successful the sport is successful.

I want a healthy sport.

BTW eff the Iceholes, Cryers, Flightless Birds and Debbies

make you feel better? lol

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
  #27
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I dunno I think you allow those people to connect with a team they can love, give em a new arena with better parking and traffic and let it go from there and they'll respond.

Gotta remember, Islander fans have suffered through a rough last 10 years. Forget about being mediocre, the team has seen some of the top young talent pass right through their hands.

Take a look at Ottawa and see guys like Redden, Chara and Speeza. Now realize that all of those guys were Islander draft picks or should have been. Sprinkle in doses of McCabe and others and you've got a lot of fans who are really beat up at this point.

They deserve better than that.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
  #28
Melanson
Registered User
 
Melanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dunno I think you allow those people to connect with a team they can love, give em a new arena with better parking and traffic and let it go from there and they'll respond.

Gotta remember, Islander fans have suffered through a rough last 10 years. Forget about being mediocre, the team has seen some of the top young talent pass right through their hands.

Take a look at Ottawa and see guys like Redden, Chara and Speeza. Now realize that all of those guys were Islander draft picks or should have been. Sprinkle in doses of McCabe and others and you've got a lot of fans who are really beat up at this point.

They deserve better than that.
Bertuzzi
Heatly
Spezza
Chara
Jokinen
Straka
Kasparaitis
McCabe
Redden
Brewer
Palffy (since retired)
Turgeon
Luongo
Connolly
Dumont

All the work of Mike Milbury. We have been sentenced to Milbury State Prison for 10 years now!

We have finally gotten released. Free at last....free at last!!!

Melanson is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
  #29
romba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dunno I think you allow those people to connect with a team they can love, give em a new arena with better parking and traffic and let it go from there and they'll respond.

Gotta remember, Islander fans have suffered through a rough last 10 years. Forget about being mediocre, the team has seen some of the top young talent pass right through their hands.

Take a look at Ottawa and see guys like Redden, Chara and Speeza. Now realize that all of those guys were Islander draft picks or should have been. Sprinkle in doses of McCabe and others and you've got a lot of fans who are really beat up at this point.

They deserve better than that.
Cough*Luongo*Cough

romba is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
  #30
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson
Bertuzzi
Heatly
Spezza
Chara
Jokinen
Straka
Kasparaitis
McCabe
Redden
Brewer
Palffy (since retired)
Turgeon
Luongo
Connolly
Dumont

All the work of Mike Milbury. We have been sentenced to Milbury State Prison for 10 years now!

We have finally gotten released. Free at last....free at last!!!
That's virtual dynasty right there.

Heck we're looking at Ottawa right now and a large part of that franchise could just as easily been the Islanders. The Islanders could have easily been the Senators.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
  #31
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakose
The place should have attendance like that of St. Louis.
This season it does, the Isles are only averaging 1,400 fans less than the Blues. Unfortunately for the Isles that's more a reflection on how far the Blues have sunk.

E-Train is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 01:48 AM
  #32
Islanders4Life*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpido
I'm surprised that their name doesnt come up in the conversations of what teams may be relocated. They have horrible attendance due to having mostly a band wagon fan base besides a hand full of people and that moron with the gold hair. Things arent gonna get much better as they have a bunch of money tied up in yashin and Satan, and a piss poor farm system.

Unlike the Rangers who play in the heart of a city where 25 million people are a hour or less subway/train ride away and Corporations buy half of all season tickets, the Islanders have to get fans to go to games, the fact that the Islanders got 10,000+ fans considering the location of the Coliseum, the ridiculously high ticket prices, the Islanders poor play this season and the fact they havent won a playoff series in 13 years is a testament to how great and loyal Islander fans are

Islanders4Life* is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 02:26 AM
  #33
NYRGoalieGlut*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Unlike the Rangers who play in the heart of a city where 25 million people are a hour or less subway/train ride away and Corporations buy half of all season tickets, the Islanders have to get fans to go to games, the fact that the Islanders got 10,000+ fans considering the location of the Coliseum, the ridiculously high ticket prices, the Islanders poor play this season and the fact they havent won a playoff series in 13 years is a testament to how great and loyal Islander fans are
Wow great spin, are you or have you ever been a politician?

NYRGoalieGlut* is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 02:34 AM
  #34
NYRGoalieGlut*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Anyway, Islanders4life, I love how in the same post where you say that Islanders fans are loyal you basically indirectly call them bandwaggon fans. You'd get some fans even when the team is losing in any city, it proves nothing. The fact that Rangers fans can get their ***** off their couch and take over the Colliseum, that you said is so inaccessible (or do they know secret trains), is an embarrassment and proves that Islanders fans are anything but loyal.

NYRGoalieGlut* is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 02:58 AM
  #35
Islanders4Life*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Anyway, Islanders4life, I love how in the same post where you say that Islanders fans are loyal you basically indirectly call them bandwaggon fans. You'd get some fans even when the team is losing in any city, it proves nothing. The fact that Rangers fans can get their ***** off their couch and take over the Colliseum, that you said is so inaccessible (or do they know secret trains), is an embarrassment and proves that Islanders fans are anything but loyal.
Islanders are headed for an early off season while the rags will probably make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, the (bandwagon) fans are excited, of course the bandwagon rag fans will come out to the Coliseum while the Islander fans might be hesitant to fork over that $100 it costs to sit in the first 5 rows of the 300's(or the $75 it costs to sit 3 rows from the top of the building)


No different then the extremly large amount of Isles fans who packed MSG from 01-04(of course ranger tickets are more limited to the public due to the large amount of corporate season tickets)

Islanders4Life* is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 03:07 AM
  #36
NYRGoalieGlut*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Islanders are headed for an early off season while the rags will probably make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, the (bandwagon) fans are excited, of course the bandwagon rag fans will come out to the Coliseum while the Islander fans might be hesitant to fork over that $100 it costs to sit in the first 5 rows of the 300's(or the $75 it costs to sit 3 rows from the top of the building)


No different then the extremly large amount of Isles fans who packed MSG from 01-04(of course ranger tickets are more limited to the public due to the large amount of corporate season tickets)
You know what, I won't argue with what you just said, I don't feel like it. I will however say, I don't see what makes Islanders fans so loyal, as I said any arena would get as many fans, that doesn't make them loyal.

NYRGoalieGlut* is offline  
Old
02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
  #37
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 77,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Life
Islanders are headed for an early off season while the rags will probably make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, the (bandwagon) fans are excited, of course the bandwagon rag fans will come out to the Coliseum while the Islander fans might be hesitant to fork over that $100 it costs to sit in the first 5 rows of the 300's(or the $75 it costs to sit 3 rows from the top of the building)


No different then the extremly large amount of Isles fans who packed MSG from 01-04(of course ranger tickets are more limited to the public due to the large amount of corporate season tickets)
Ranger fans have been doing that for years, genius. It's not bandwagon fans, it's the simple fact Ranger fans support their team in both the home arena and in all of the local arenas and go out of their way to do it. What, you think this didn't happen when we sucked? It sure as **** did. Stop making excuses and stop calling our true fans "bandwagon fans", because that's just effing insulting.

ECL is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.