HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rob Klinkhammer up to Ottawa

Old
03-11-2012, 02:55 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Hard to justify not keeping him up at this point.

I see him inevitably slowing down like Daugavins, but for now he's an asset in the bottom 6. I don't want him playing in the top 6 though. We have an offensively-challenged Greening already being given top 6 icetime; the last thing we need is our two top LWers being unable to create any kind of offensive opportunities.
Wow, Greening will end up with more than 30 pts in his first full yr in the NHL & he still isn't doing enough for some people. He is the fastest guy on the team, he hits, he backchecks, he fights & he can set up some nice goals. What more can this guy do? I guess we will have to wait & see what Silfverberg/Zibanejad do next season to see if they can come close or beat what Greening has done this yr.

Not only should the Sens keep Klinkhammer IMO they should sign him for next season. He has proven since he was traded that he was a consistent contributor in Bingo all yr & he is showing in Ottawa that he has a nose for the net. Although he only has a point in 3 games he has the NHL size I like, he finishes his checks, plays decent defensively & hopefully will start putting them in. IMO he is already better than Daugavins & should replace him in the lineup for next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Manny*

I can't believe Klinkhammer's been this good.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Ice-Tray

This kid has made an impact every time he's hit the ice. I'm also really surprised by his play. Right now he's a solid member on the team.

If he keeps it up he'll solidify himself a place on the roster. It all depends on if what we're seeing is the guy he will be game in and game out over the course of a season.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 06:50 PM
playasRus

Fast forward 1 month and people are gonna be complaining about the wasted 7th rounder for a bottom 6er in a top 6 role.
(I don't have a problem with Kinky)

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Fast forward 1 month and people are gonna be complaining about the wasted 7th rounder for a bottom 6er in a top 6 role.
(I don't have a problem with Kinky)
I'd be willing to give up a 7th round pick for a bottom 6er, so long as he's not a 12/13th forward.

Besides, as much as I defended him earlier in the season, anything that helps keep Konopka in the press-box is ok with me.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Wow, Greening will end up with more than 30 pts in his first full yr in the NHL & he still isn't doing enough for some people. He is the fastest guy on the team, he hits, he backchecks, he fights & he can set up some nice goals. What more can this guy do? I guess we will have to wait & see what Silfverberg/Zibanejad do next season to see if they can come close or beat what Greening has done this yr.

Not only should the Sens keep Klinkhammer IMO they should sign him for next season. He has proven since he was traded that he was a consistent contributor in Bingo all yr & he is showing in Ottawa that he has a nose for the net. Although he only has a point in 3 games he has the NHL size I like, he finishes his checks, plays decent defensively & hopefully will start putting them in. IMO he is already better than Daugavins & should replace him in the lineup for next season.
Lets not forget he is locked up for the next two years for dirt.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

It's not just you aragorn, but a lot of people. Expectations are just so incredibly low.

Greening has been extremely inconsistent, does not hit consistently, does not hit hard consistently. He is huge and extremely strong but only shows flashes of a power game, and hardly any mean streak. He is very fast also but rarely utilizes his speed to his advantage. He has played a huge portion of the season with Spezza, 30 points just isn't enough for a guy with his package.

/rant

Klink is awesome. Love when he chips it off the boards and wins the foot race. Hope he keeps it up and doesn't fizzle out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Hard to justify not keeping him up at this point.

I see him inevitably slowing down like Daugavins, but for now he's an asset in the bottom 6. I don't want him playing in the top 6 though. We have an offensively-challenged Greening already being given top 6 icetime; the last thing we need is our two top LWers being unable to create any kind of offensive opportunities.
He is the best option for 2nd line LW right now, but yeah hopefully next year he can continue his strong play in the bottom 6.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
TooLow494

Sorry if this was answered before, but is it after the 4th game that we have to give Chicago the 7th rounder?

I also agree he will take Daugavins spot on the roster next season for sure. Silfverberg should take his place on the second line as well.

TooLow494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Klinkhammer is bringing it. I'm just enjoying the pleasant surprise.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Cowen Time

Wasn't he out there for the overtime 4 on 3 PK?

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Wasn't he out there for the overtime 4 on 3 PK?
IIRC that was O'Brien.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Billy Madison*

The chances of a 7th round pick playing ONE NHL game is pretty close to zero.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
The King of Town

He's been a very pleasant surprise, but so was O'Brien before him, and so was Daugavins before him. They're still playing very well, but nobody can argue their level hasn't tapered off a bit. No player can maintain that high energy game over a very long stretch.

All I'm saying is don't expect him to maintain this level. It wasn't that long ago that Daugavins was being tried on the first line...

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
He's been a very pleasant surprise, but so was O'Brien before him, and so was Daugavins before him. They're still playing very well, but nobody can argue their level hasn't tapered off a bit. No player can maintain that high energy game over a very long stretch.

All I'm saying is don't expect him to maintain this level. It wasn't that long ago that Daugavins was being tried on the first line...
Klinkhammer didn't play into June last year either.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
IIRC that was O'Brien.
Ok, wasn't sure. Just knew it was someone without a ton of NHL experience in a pretty key place.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:11 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:

JOB is still playing just as good, just K-daug has really struggled.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:38 PM
TrueGrit

Quote:

Agreed, Daugavins first 10 games were incredible to watch. Time will tell with Klinkhammer but I'm not so sure he takes Kaspars job next year. He may have more offensive tools but he isn't the same calibre checker IMO, which is the position he'll inevitably find himself.

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Ron Jeremy

Wicked hockey name! Now if he would just grow a mullet, he would be the new Mr. Hockey.

He's been great.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote