HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#69 KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS, 3/11/12 ... Thoughts & Tidbits ... Shoot Out WINNER !

Old
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Wooty

vCash: 500
Johnson is gone and I and I think all of us wish him the absolute best. His stats vs any Kings player stats are not what we care about.

The king win by scoring more goals then the other team. How are the goals for/goals against and of course win/loss

I am off for my dose of ECT, I will see if I remembe this later on!

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Johnny Utah

I don't mind the Carter deal...the Richards deal....sigh.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:13 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I don't mind the Carter deal...the Richards deal....sigh.
Richards was the reason we won last night!

If Richards doesn't lay that blackhawk out behind the net then King never gets the puck to pass it to Carter. Also it was Richards who was the only player on both teams to score on his shootout attempt.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm not going to judge the Richards trade based off of this season alone. It's too shortsighted and anyone with common sense knows that this is unlike him to have a season like the one he's having. A fresh start next season and more familiarity with his linemates (and hopefully a chance in coaching philosophy) will get him back to playing the style of hockey he is known for. He forced that play that resulted in Carter's goal last night by wiping out Duncan Keith behind the Hawks net. He's a smart player and I wouldn't count him out based off of this season alone.

Now onto the issue at hand. Hopefully that win was good for the team's morale after the two deflating losses, but watching the team on the ice and even the look of them on the bench, they look drained and exhausted.

It's been an uphill battle for the team since the last few weeks of Terry Murray's stay and it appears that it is starting to wear these guys down. They look physically spent and this problem seems reoccurring, especially in the later stages of a game when the opposition starts to become more aggressive in its attack and the Kings play on their heels.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm not going to judge the Richards trade based off of this season alone. It's too shortsighted and anyone with common sense knows that this is unlike him to have a season like the one he's having. A fresh start next season and more familiarity with his linemates (and hopefully a chance in coaching philosophy) will get him back to playing the style of hockey he is known for. He forced that play that resulted in Carter's goal last night by wiping out Duncan Keith behind the Hawks net. He's a smart player and I wouldn't count him out based off of this season alone.
I agree. Sometimes acquiring big names doesn't pay off immediately. Kovalchuk wasn't very good with the Devils until this season. It took him awhile, and new coach to settle in.

That doesn't change the fact that I don't like the Richards deal, but I think obviously he can be much better for us. The King/Richards/Carter line is scoring even though Mike isn't playing his best hockey, I think that's a good sign.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Now onto the issue at hand. Hopefully that win was good for the team's morale after the two deflating losses, but watching the team on the ice and even the look of them on the bench, they look drained and exhausted.

It's been an uphill battle for the team since the last few weeks of Terry Murray's stay and it appears that it is starting to wear these guys down. They look physically spent and this problem seems reoccurring, especially in the later stages of a game when the opposition starts to become more aggressive in its attack and the Kings play on their heels.

I agree, but I also thing some of it has to do with these recent road trips. 14 of the past 18 games have been on the road. That's gonna wear on you after a while.

Good news is 5 of next 6 games are at home with the only "road game" being Anaheim.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I liked the part where we won.

I didn't like the fact that the Refs blew it a bunch.

I want us to win more games the rest of the season.

I like winning.

Richards had a good overall game but his 1st period was average at best. He has been doing allot of "waiting" in the O zone. He does allot of standing or cruising and hoping for opportunities rather than creating them. He looks like he is favoring his left side making me think he might have an upper back stinger that he is working through. He turns a certain way before he shoots or passes and braces for contact in that same way.

Who knows.

I like Carters game. It is pretty simple. skate around quickly or quickly enough and look to get open so he can make the shot. Pretty simple.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

I like Carters game. It is pretty simple. skate around quickly or quickly enough and look to get open so he can make the shot. Pretty simple.
He's perfect for this "Now lemme think, what am I gonna do with this here black disk? Maybe I'll pass over yonder, or maybe I'll just keep it over here by the boards for a while" team. If Carter has the puck in the offensive zone, he's pretty much shooting it. His linemates know it and can react accordingly.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I care about Johnson because I'm a fan, but otherwise I agree with what you're saying, and Carter has been exactly what the Kings needed thus far.

I only brought up the stat line to poke a little fun at Tik, he thought JJ was going to be a disaster in Columbus and his minus rating would reach new lows. It is ironic that he's a plus 1.
I'm a King fan, I'm patient! The last few games JJ looks like a man who has had the shackles removed which has me flashing back to Larry Murphy, Paul Coffey, Rob Blake and, Steve Duchesne among others. Say it aint so johnjm22!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I liked the part where we won.

I didn't like the fact that the Refs blew it a bunch.

I want us to win more games the rest of the season.

I like winning.

Richards had a good overall game but his 1st period was average at best. He has been doing allot of "waiting" in the O zone. He does allot of standing or cruising and hoping for opportunities rather than creating them. He looks like he is favoring his left side making me think he might have an upper back stinger that he is working through. He turns a certain way before he shoots or passes and braces for contact in that same way.

Who knows.

I'm thinking a groin issue or sports hernia for Richards and he's playing through it. He strikes me as the type of guy that would rather work through an injury rather than shutting it down for the season. The after the season over surgery reports for NHL players is pretty staggering, it's amazing what these guys put off in order to play. That said, if MR is 100% healthy then I take everything nice I've ever said about him back.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'm thinking a groin issue or sports hernia for Richards and he's playing through it. He strikes me as the type of guy that would rather work through an injury rather than shutting it down for the season. The after the season over surgery reports for NHL players is pretty staggering, it's amazing what these guys put off in order to play. That said, if MR is 100% healthy then I take everything nice I've ever said about him back.
I think you 100% right. I always shy away from the sports hernia idea (upper gastric or rib cage) because it worries me so much but his actions are in line with that sort of thing too.

I agree about him playing through the pain as an M.O. Seems like him to me.

I also agree that if he is 100% healthy which seems unlikely then he has lost his consistency and his game for the most part and that would make me think allot less of him. That said, the MR that started with the club was so amazing that I can't believe that he has gotten that much worse.

Here's hoping!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Since the trade...

Carter . 8gp 5pts (4g, 1 a) -1
Johnson 8gp 4pts (2g, 2a) +1
Yeah? Well that first round pick has done nothin!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Since the trade...

Voynov 1 goal 3 assists +6

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 09:57 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Since the trade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Voynov 1 goal 3 assists +6

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'm 90% sure he has a groin injury. If it was a sports hernia there would be even more discomfort in moving than whats been seen(from personal experience). But he definitely is injured. His skating looks choppy and favors one leg.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote